Corrupted Save Data

CoJax2KCoJax2K Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225452Members Posts: 2
My save data has been corrupted three times now. First time I was starting a new game anyways, so no huge loss when the game wigged out and my data was corruopted. But now, both my creative and survival data are gone. i had gotten a seaglide and gone to the island and back just so i could start building a base. But when i go to the main screen it doesnt register any data, just says new game. Im going to try it one more time, but please fix whatever the issue is. If my data gets corrupted again, im going to stop playing. there is no point in putting in the work, if its all just going to disapear.

Comments

• CoJax2KCoJax2K Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225452Members Posts: 2
    Well it just happened again. I did notice a patern of when it happens though. before it happens a resource disapears. last night it was quarts, this time it was limestone. then if you exit the game and get back in your saves are gone. anyways, you have my email, when you fix it let me know. i like youre game, but im not going to put in work just to lose it all.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead Posts: 26 Advanced user
    Hey Cojax2k, let me look into this issue for you. I'm going to reach out directly to you for some more details.
    Near Lethal Damage
    0x6A7232savagehunter232
  • Blitzy5Blitzy5 California Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236890Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    my saved file that i had 12 hours on just got corrupted and it showed a bunch of numbers vs more numbers in a red box when i try to start it up again im a big fan of this game but this made me not wanna play the game no more
  • slick_willslick_will United States Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235866Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
    Blitzy5 wrote: »
    my saved file that i had 12 hours on just got corrupted and it showed a bunch of numbers vs more numbers in a red box when i try to start it up again im a big fan of this game but this made me not wanna play the game no more

I had the same issue on my first playthrough. I tried reinstalling the game as well as reverting my Xbox back to factory settings but nothing worked. Unfortunately I had to start a new game.

All I can recommend is be mindful when you save as to not close out of the game while it's saving or open the Xbox menu and what not
  • thesignofvictory93thesignofvictory93 United States Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237152Members Posts: 3 Freshly registered user
    When I save my game, it will keep displaying "saving game" but it doesn't actually save. I have to shut my xbox down and wait 10 minutes before starting the game again because otherwise it won't load. When I go back to the game, I've essentially lost any progress I made because it happens every three hours. It's a brand new console and none of my other games do this.
  • ReepBeep654ReepBeep654 Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237795Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I encountered a reaper leviathan,I ran away and escaped.It turned night then I panicked and left the game without saving,now when I try get in the world,it says the save data loading failed.When I try again,it says the same thing.I have tried every possible thing and it is not working,please help!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members Posts: 350 Advanced user
    @thesignofvictory93 Last time there was a bug like that, the fix was to change your local time on xbox.