Corrupted Save Data

CoJax2KCoJax2K Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225452Members
My save data has been corrupted three times now. First time I was starting a new game anyways, so no huge loss when the game wigged out and my data was corruopted. But now, both my creative and survival data are gone. i had gotten a seaglide and gone to the island and back just so i could start building a base. But when i go to the main screen it doesnt register any data, just says new game. Im going to try it one more time, but please fix whatever the issue is. If my data gets corrupted again, im going to stop playing. there is no point in putting in the work, if its all just going to disapear.

Comments

• CoJax2KCoJax2K Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225452Members
    Well it just happened again. I did notice a patern of when it happens though. before it happens a resource disapears. last night it was quarts, this time it was limestone. then if you exit the game and get back in your saves are gone. anyways, you have my email, when you fix it let me know. i like youre game, but im not going to put in work just to lose it all.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Hey Cojax2k, let me look into this issue for you. I'm going to reach out directly to you for some more details.
  • Blitzy5Blitzy5 California Join Date: 2018-02-05 Member: 236890Members
    my saved file that i had 12 hours on just got corrupted and it showed a bunch of numbers vs more numbers in a red box when i try to start it up again im a big fan of this game but this made me not wanna play the game no more
  • slick_willslick_will United States Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235866Members
    Blitzy5 wrote: »
    my saved file that i had 12 hours on just got corrupted and it showed a bunch of numbers vs more numbers in a red box when i try to start it up again im a big fan of this game but this made me not wanna play the game no more

I had the same issue on my first playthrough. I tried reinstalling the game as well as reverting my Xbox back to factory settings but nothing worked. Unfortunately I had to start a new game.

All I can recommend is be mindful when you save as to not close out of the game while it's saving or open the Xbox menu and what not
  • thesignofvictory93thesignofvictory93 United States Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237152Members
    When I save my game, it will keep displaying "saving game" but it doesn't actually save. I have to shut my xbox down and wait 10 minutes before starting the game again because otherwise it won't load. When I go back to the game, I've essentially lost any progress I made because it happens every three hours. It's a brand new console and none of my other games do this.
  • ReepBeep654ReepBeep654 Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237795Members
    I encountered a reaper leviathan,I ran away and escaped.It turned night then I panicked and left the game without saving,now when I try get in the world,it says the save data loading failed.When I try again,it says the same thing.I have tried every possible thing and it is not working,please help!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @thesignofvictory93 Last time there was a bug like that, the fix was to change your local time on xbox.
  • NiitroglycerineNiitroglycerine Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237992Members
    Hi all, just created account so can't make new topic.

14 hours in as I started playing properly for the first time week ago as it's a lot more stable, I love the game, but now when I try to load my save I get:
    "Save data loading failed(broken uncompressed block). Try again?"

Save file never loads and I'm hesitant to even start a new play through if there's a chance it could happen again.

I gave it a Google already and only found one reddit post from a few days ago with no responses, any help appreciated I'd love to get to finish the story! (not even got my prawn yet! ^^)

Thanks
  • ijudgeijudge United States Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238069Members
    I need any help on loading a save file. Had to quit out of my game after getting Cyclops stuck again. But now I'm unable to load my save and only get sent back to the main menu with the pop up error message reading "Save data failed (Header checksum illegal) try again?".

I've tried restarting the game and a quick Google Search but nothing is working. I really don't want to say goodbye to the 70 hours I put into this survival save.
  • NadsNads NYC Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238075Members
    I'm having similar issues. I'm about 12 hours in. I can no longer load my save file. It gives me the "Header checksum illegal" error.
    Are we likely to see a fix for this soon. I'm hesitant to start again if this is a common issue.
  • SaltedMcflurrySaltedMcflurry Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-23 Member: 238152Members
    My save file with 7 hours on it got corrupted.when I select it the music doesn't stop playing but the loading symbol freezes and the bottom left stays at 'loading level' pretty demotivated to play the game now :/
  • ijudgeijudge United States Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238069Members
    I started up a new survival game and just got another different loading error, specifically save data loading failed (Array index is out of range). Is UNW gonna fix these save/loading bugs on the xbox ver this year?
  • VainillaCat616VainillaCat616 Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238529Members
    i was having a blast until i passed the 300m depth, then black squares would appear eventually taking over the whole screen. After that it got even worse, the ground or ceiling just disappeared while i was in my prawn suit, and finally yesterday while i was collecting the hatching enzymes ingredients i just falled inside the map, after I realized i couldn't do anything I closed the game deleting 30min of progress and now the saving file won't open. 12 HOURS OF MY LIFE SPENT ON NOTHING im just done with this game
  • PanikApePanikApe Deutschland Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238913Members
    I had just an amazing time exploring the deep sea acid river, found that tree with ghost Leviathan eggs, survived a close encounter with a ghost leviathan and nearly died of thirst on my way home and by more luck than skill crawled on the beaches of the floating island. Just an awesome game experience.

But when I tried to load my savegame today I just got the error "Save data loading failed (broken uncompressed block). Try again". Of course trying again does not change anything! That's really frustrating right now, starting all over again won't be the same. Is there any way to recover the save game?

I think something like this should not happen at all. At the very least it should allow me to load the previous non-broken savegame. Would still be a loss, but not as bad. But subnautica should not just mindlessly overwrite a working save game with a broken one.

Unless my save game will be recovered I will likely wait for the final release on Xbox until I touch this game again. In the hope shit like this gets fixed.
  • ZuluCalmZuluCalm United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238666Members
    Had a weird one. Was at the Seabase in the Shroom Caves where the Stasis Rifle fragments are and was jumped by two agressors, one of which tore my Seamoth to pieces. I had just saved but when I went back to my save the game had put me about 200 m from the seabase wedged into some stalactites.

It took me around six attempts and reloads of the save game to extract myself from the ceiling of the cave.

The save had been made at the entrance to the Seabase.

What's weird though is that my Seamoth now acts very strangely doesn't turn properly, doesn't go up properly, keeps wanting to flip on to its side and so on.

Real shame as I was totally loving the game but now the experience has been marred.
  • russellprussellp us Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238921Members
    After 24 hours of play time on an XBox, on full release, I got the "save data loading failed (illegal rep dist code)" error message. This is extremely frustrating. I feel reluctant to start over knowing my data may not be saved.

Same comment as above....Real shame as I was totally loving the game but now the experience has been marred.

Please fix this bug! Thanks.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    russellp wrote: »
    After 24 hours of play time on an XBox, on full release, I got the "save data loading failed (illegal rep dist code)" error message. This is extremely frustrating. I feel reluctant to start over knowing my data may not be saved.

Same comment as above....Real shame as I was totally loving the game but now the experience has been marred.

Please fix this bug! Thanks.

From that, it seems like your using a pirated copy, but I'm no expert on this stuff.
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    Blitzy5 wrote: »

Mine had like 2 days and 13 hours. I had a bunch of thermal plants in a sectional of volcanic activity which is now missing. I had power nodes that connected the farm to a major section of bar I was trying to connect to the parent base. This section went through the tree of light, acid marshes, salt falls, and the active lava zone. It's now gone.
  • ScottySeveScottySeve United States Join Date: 2018-04-15 Member: 240073Members
    On April 1st, my Xbox One only save file is corrupted and won't load after 1 days, 15 hours and 6 mins of playing. The error message upon load attempt is "Save data loading failed (unknown block type 7). Try again?" This is the first time I have encountered such a serious error. I haven't played the game since. Can this save file be recovered?
  • james2james2 Join Date: 2018-04-14 Member: 240067Members
    mine did as well plz fix mine says illegal rep devs

dist code
  • RehtrewRehtrew Join Date: 2018-05-22 Member: 240870Members
    I also get the "Save data loading failed (unknown block type 7)" — not sure how many hours of gameplay, but it happend right after i got to the Island. Pretty frustrating and in my opinion a bug that's too crucial for the game to be released for purchase..
  • Death_VaderrrDeath_Vaderrr Australia Join Date: 2018-05-24 Member: 240897Members
    Hey my save data isn't corrupted as much as my game sometimes won't save. So today for instance, I had done some stuff, and Subnautica was causing memory leaks left, right and centre on my Xbox One (another issue but I know you're aware of performance issues), so I saved my game, quit back to the main menu, then did a hard restart on my Xbox. Lo and behold, I power up subnautica again, and my only save slot is from last night, even though I checked that it had saved before I restarted. Any tips to fix this?
  • KillerDJ93KillerDJ93 United States Join Date: 2018-05-24 Member: 240912Members
    My 1 day 10 hour save is now saying "Save data loading failed (header checksum illegal). Try again?"

I docked my prawn into the cyclops, and it froze. Couldn't move at all, so I quit, and tried to reload and got that error.

Any way to fix this?
  • benignrabbit485benignrabbit485 Join Date: 2018-05-26 Member: 240945Members
    I am new here. I am not sure if this goes here but I would like to know other than what i have read so far online about how this game is on pre-release stage and all....Why does it have so many bugs. Seriously i tried sending a feedbakc from the game with a picture of how bad it is to th epoint i have to restart the xbox and 9 out of ten it deletes all my saved data. My HDD is corrupted by the game, I have made sure of all other possible reasons but it is the game to the point middle of the game it will bug out al i see is a black screen. Is this game even worth the headache? I am starting to feel i want a refund.....
  • Death_VaderrrDeath_Vaderrr Australia Join Date: 2018-05-24 Member: 240897Members
    I am new here. I am not sure if this goes here but I would like to know other than what i have read so far online about how this game is on pre-release stage and all....Why does it have so many bugs. Seriously i tried sending a feedbakc from the game with a picture of how bad it is to th epoint i have to restart the xbox and 9 out of ten it deletes all my saved data. My HDD is corrupted by the game, I have made sure of all other possible reasons but it is the game to the point middle of the game it will bug out al i see is a black screen. Is this game even worth the headache? I am starting to feel i want a refund.....

This game has been officially released on PC only, on Xbox it's still a pre-release title. What this means is, yes, it's full of bugs and issues that they're still getting rid of. And no I'm pretty sure you can't get a refund because when you buy a pre-release title, that's what you sign on for unfortunately. But yes it's worth "the headache"
  • privatechrispyprivatechrispy Usa Join Date: 2018-05-16 Member: 240754Members
    edited June 2018
    I have the same issue here I had to make 3 new games but ended up with the Header Checksum Illegal. But I found out how to fix it not garanteed but here's what I did create a new game and constantly save(every 5-10 minutes). Next while saving you have to exit, load game every 30-40 minutes or so (I prefer every 30 to make sure) I think you have to reload the game only 2 or 3 times (that's how much it took for me) but keep doing it just for safety. If this doesn't work then sorry for the inconvenience.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I have the same issue here I had to make 3 new games but ended up with the Header Checksum Illegal. But I found out how to fix it not garanteed but here's what I did create a new game and constantly save(every 5-10 minutes). Next while saving you have to exit, load game every 30-40 minutes or so (I prefer every 30 to make sure) I think you have to reload the game only 2 or 3 times (that's how much it took for me) but keep doing it just for safety. If this doesn't work then sorry for the inconvenience.

Wrong thread. You purposely copy and pasted it to another thread for no reason my guy.
  • FallenRecapFallenRecap arizona Join Date: 2018-06-04 Member: 241127Members
    Just finished the game and tried to load my world again and got an error message stating "save data loading failed (illegal rep dist code). try again?" what do I do? Are my save files corrupted. Pls let me know because im pretty worried that I just lost my world that ive spent 70 hours on. im on xbox by the way
  • davec69davec69 United States Join Date: 2018-03-27 Member: 239552Members
    Not sure if my problem is the same, but I purchased Subnautica a few months ago, and played through the game. I was really looking forward to playing it on my new XB1X, but all I get is an unable to sync saved data message, after installing the game on my XB1X. Posted a thread on the forum, but the only response was to check with Microsoft. I could probably start a new game, and lose all my saved data, but I'll probably just move on in that case.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    davec69 wrote: »
    Not sure if my problem is the same, but I purchased Subnautica a few months ago, and played through the game. I was really looking forward to playing it on my new XB1X, but all I get is an unable to sync saved data message, after installing the game on my XB1X. Posted a thread on the forum, but the only response was to check with Microsoft. I could probably start a new game, and lose all my saved data, but I'll probably just move on in that case.

You probably know this, but I'll say it again for new folks: When you buy access to a pre-release game, you are literally paying for the privilege of helping to test it. It can be fun, and it can be frustrating, and sometimes you will lose everything you worked on. Sometimes a new patch will invalidate the work of a previous saved game. That's just how it goes.

So yeah, don't get attached to anything you do in your XBox games right now. Expect to have to start over. It's a bummer, but if you go into it with the right expectations, it can still be fun.

I haven't played it in XBox in a while, but in my experience, the longer you go without saving, the more time it will take to save and the greater the chance that something will be corrupted. Save early, save often.