MAJOR ISSUE (Save Bug)

ClasslessToastClasslessToast U.S. Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228255Members
edited February 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
So after downloading the new update, containing the gun and base in the lava zone, I was extremely excited to see everything. After exploring the gun (after updating my latest and farthest world), I saved and exited. When I came back, the file will not load, stating "Save data loading failed. Try again?" After trying countless times it will not even load for three seconds. In turn I made a new world thinking that it was simply an update thing and a new world would be fine. Sure enough, it does the same exact thing. I love this game too much to put it down, and this glitch or bug is holding me back severely. I have searched the web and it seems like this has only happened to me, so I'm concerned with what the problem is seeing as how my Xbox One is still very new.

Comments

• CarrierAnomalyCarrierAnomaly United states Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219957Members
    This is happening to me as well with every save game i try to load, im going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it fixes the problem. If it doesnt i will post again.
  • ClasslessToastClasslessToast U.S. Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228255Members
    Please do. I was hoping it was just something that happens every now and again but clearly it's game breaking XD
  • CarrierAnomalyCarrierAnomaly United states Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219957Members
    Reinstalling did not help, looks like me and you are screwed until they patch this glitch.
    Wonderful. Now I've got to find another way to spend my weekend. Thanks for the help though
  • DemonKingErosDemonKingEros Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228262Members
    Ive had the same issue. Started 2 new saved files and now I cant use any.
    I just hope they notice this problem soon and fix it. It's a shame such an awesome game has such a bad issue you know?
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S; Did you remove the XBLIVE save also?
    Ihave already reinstalled the game not the saves.
    It's working but SN or XBLIVE wants to resync before the main menu loads.
    Did you set the XB for acold start? 'econo' power up?
  • dr0ne31337dr0ne31337 US Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228271Members
    Same issue here. Reinstalled and deleted local saves. Still getting failed message.
    XB1S; Ox4.... a player suggested that I press and hold the XB power until it turns off.
    The equivalent of clearing the cache on a W10 PC.
  • lynex_sergallynex_sergal Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228233Members
    This is happening to me as well with every save game i try to load, im going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it fixes the problem. If it doesnt i will post again.

same as well tried everything also anyone else noticing wrecks vanishing and only crates and stuff float or not loading at all i keep having this problem at lifepod 17 with no fragments. ether
  • NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members
    The save error is just a by-product of getting two major updates to an early access game, not a glitch that will get patched. I'd be willing to bet it's at least partially due to the C&C part of the update that removed the ability for bases to alter the terrain. If you had a base or bases that changed the terrain at all that's likely what corrupted your saves.
    I hate to call you out on it Neomave, but even new worlds created under the new update will not load, so it cannot be the terrain being changed. Something like this can't simply be ignored, either, as it is too severe to be shoved away. Though I do agree it is a by-product, we cannot claim it to be or not be a bug or glitch. Thanks everyone for the attention to the issue though and I hope it gets solved soon
  • NeomaveNeomave Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228277Members
    Oh damn, my bad. I somehow missed where you guys were saying it was happening to new games as well. So yeah, it's definitely a much bigger issue. I assume a dev will see this at some point, but have you reported it through the in-game feedback as well?
    It's all good man XD Accidents happen. And the only thing the feedback option does is take me to the forums. I'll start a new world and try to report it but I feel like it will still take me to the forum
    I sent a feedback report. Hopefully if enough come in they will get right on it. I love this game and I'd hate for it to push people away with this issue, you know?
  • RytmixRytmix Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228294Members
    Same issue. :(:( I tried to clear the cache, create a new game and save, Its doesn't work... Any solutions work ?????
    Thanks
    None so far, or at least none addressed on this thread. Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon
  • jared0530jared0530 Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228301Members
    same all my files are not loading, and it sucks
    I started a new game, going about to see if anything would have caused it. So far, I've made everything I can at the moment except a builder, and the file opened. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with the builder and construction that is causing the problem. I'm going to try building something just to make sure
    So the builder and constructing habitats does not cause the problem, apparently. Even though the game I made today and the latest game I made yesterday were created under the same update, the one I made today is the only one that works
    What the heck is the problem then?!
    I reinstalled SN, tried to start a new save. XBXLIVE continues to resync with nonexistent save.
    When I cancel the resync I can start a new save hovever, when I start SN the resync circular
    problem returns.

I think the software lacks administrative permissions and is not doing error capture correctly.
    Just a thought.
  • TheGarBear225TheGarBear225 Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228318Members
    Same issue here, all my saves no matter what always fail to load. Nothing I have done fixes it, so it keeps me from playing because everything I will do won't save.
  • jwpkjwpk Kenner Louisiana Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228321Members
    I read this this morning thinking man that sucks guys, im fortunate that it hasn't happened to me shwew then an hour later it did and it really sucks. Has anyone tried deleting that slot that won't open and starting another game to see if it happens again.
    Iv also tried several solutions with no avail. I'll let you guys know if I find a solution.
  • ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
    The same exact thing is happening to me. I feel as if they will fix it soon because of the huge number of people on the forums talking about the issue.
    So after downloading the new update, containing the gun and base in the lava zone, I was extremely excited to see everything. After exploring the gun (after updating my latest and farthest world), I saved and exited. When I came back, the file will not load, stating "Save data loading failed. Try again?" After trying countless times it will not even load for three seconds. In turn I made a new world thinking that it was simply an update thing and a new world would be fine. Sure enough, it does the same exact thing. I love this game too much to put it down, and this glitch or bug is holding me back severely. I have searched the web and it seems like this has only happened to me, so I'm concerned with what the problem is seeing as how my Xbox One is still very new.

• ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
    Other people further up mentioned that it has happened a second time. It happened to me from a save before the update, but I made a new one and it happened again. If I misunderstood your question tell me.
    jwpk wrote: »
    I read this this morning thinking man that sucks guys, im fortunate that it hasn't happened to me shwew then an hour later it did and it really sucks. Has anyone tried deleting that slot that won't open and starting another game to see if it happens again.

• morbidbattlecrymorbidbattlecry Join Date: 2016-10-14 Member: 223126Members
    Just happened to me too. Twice. They were both two new saves. Really disappointed. I had to quit months ago because of frame rate issues. Started playing again with excitement. Now i'm back to unplayable again. If it's not one thing it's another.
    No my original save that I started in early January still opens and plays. The file I started Friday after the new update will not load. I was just under 4 hours into the new game.

Another small thing I noticed related to this I don't know if this is important but mabe to one of the developers it is, so the file that won't open let's call it file A I have deleted it at progress time 3 hours and 44 minutes. Now let's take file B witch I just started 10 minutes ago, after playing this file through just the intro in the life pod then I save and quit to the main menu and look at that save (B) it doesn't show 10 minutes of progress. It's continuing the game progress time from file A witch is now deleted and the 10 minute game is now showing nearly 4 hours of progress.

I just wanted to point this out bc there is obviously an issue with the save files now.

Other people further up mentioned that it has happened a second time. It happened to me from a save before the update, but I made a new one and it happened again. If I misunderstood your question tell me.
    jwpk wrote: »

I'm sure they will. Iv only joined subnautica since January but after reading people's issues of the past it seems like they do see and hear our messages. It is an absolutely great game and these developers have made amazing progress with it.

I just hope they notice this problem soon and fix it. It's a shame such an awesome game has such a bad issue you know?