Reaper In Safe Shallows?

DefconX3DefconX3 Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228047Members
Heres an interesting one..
So I was messing around with Reapers in my Cyclops by the Aurora. Now that I was the "Big Fish In The Sea", I liked to get up close and personal with the Reapers, as I knew they couldnt do any damage to my Sub. Whelp.. They certainly got me back.. Because on my way back to the Safe Shallows (Where my base is), one of them actually followed me all the way home.. I didnt notice until I was only a couple dozen meters from my base, that a giant Reaper had followed my Cyclops all the way from the Aurora, to the Safe Shallows. At this point in time, the Reaper is ravaging through the Shallows, and wont go away. As you may know.. This is extremely irritating, as I now have to worry about a giant deadly sea monster in a place that used to be 100% safe.

I believe there would be some sort of console command to destroy the Reaper, and I know some of you may suggest this.. But I feel that it is unfair to do so, as it sort of "destroys" the immersion. Instead, is there anything I could do to perhaps lure it away?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    The same way you got it to the shallows? Get it to chase you, if it won't, try bonking it a few times, then make your leisurely way back to the Aurora.
  • DefconX3DefconX3 Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228047Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    The same way you got it to the shallows? Get it to chase you, if it won't, try bonking it a few times, then make your leisurely way back to the Aurora.

I had actually attempted doing this. He is only interested in me for a few moments.. But since there is such an abundance of sea creatures in and around the shallows, he will just get distracted on them.. Eventually making his way back toward my base.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    DefconX3 wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I had actually attempted doing this. He is only interested in me for a few moments.. But since there is such an abundance of sea creatures in and around the shallows, he will just get distracted on them.. Eventually making his way back toward my base.

Get in the Seamoth, then, and dodge towards him and to one side when he charges you.
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    It's possible you also encountered the bug that reset the home position of some reaper leviathans (most notably the one near the Aurora). Look up the bug and try the available fixes to see if that helps.
    Get in the Seamoth, then, and dodge towards him and to one side when he charges you.[/quote]

Unfotrunately this didnt work either.. Like the Cyclops, he will get distracted on me for a few moments, then get distracted on something else.. He seems to be faster than the Seamoth as well, making it impossible to try and re-gain his attention.

Is there a chance ramming it with the Cyclops would eventually kill it? Or does it even hurt the Reaper?

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Heres my personnal suggestion:

1x Propulsion Cannon
    15x Batteries
    Loads of crashfish (that you grow in an Alien Containment aquarium)

That is, if you got the balls to get close enough to throw crashfish bombs at it till it dies :wink:
    Should this bug ever happen to me thats what i'll try

If that fails well, theres always that Cache Clearing trick you can try.
    I dont know of any console command that outright kills something, if theres any u could maybe try it tho
    Default to all that starting a new game will solve the problem for sure but thats of course the last resort solution.

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Reaper in safe shallows is a bug, we're working to address it.

The popping up of a Reaper in the shallows is one of the few BUGS that actually makes the game a bit more interesting at times.
    (rather than impossible to play)

While I understand the OP's personal dilemma, after the initial shock of seeing the thing float overhead while collecting crystals in the shallows once, I rather enjoyed the challenge when it happened to me.

It made sneaking in and out of Lifepod-5 quite entertaining, since I hadn't yet begun to build a base.

It eventually just disappeared after a couple of saves, and I actually was a bit disappointed it had.

I would imagine that the OP's will eventually wander back to it's original starting point.
    B)
    Rainstorm wrote: »

1x Propulsion Cannon
    15x Batteries

That is, if you got the balls to get close enough to throw crashfish bombs at it till it dies :wink:

I dont know of any console command that outright kills something, if theres any u could maybe try it tho
    Default to all that starting a new game will solve the problem for sure but thats of course the last resort solution.

Ahh.. Never thought of Crash Fish. I will certainly try that.

As far as clearing the cache goes.. I heard it tends to destroy bases and other things that I built?
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    As far as clearing the cache goes.. I heard it tends to destroy bases and other things that I built?

Nope, it does not. It only affects the shape of the terrain and naturally spawning things, like fragments, ores, and creatures.

edited February 2017
    pie1055 wrote: »

Nope, it does not. It only affects the shape of the terrain and naturally spawning things, like fragments, ores, and creatures.

... and Flora.
    (which is easily solved with a knife)
    B)
    pie1055 wrote: »

Cleared out the cache. Not only did this get rid of the Reaper, but it stopped all of the lag I was previously having! Win win!

Thanks a lot!
    Rainstorm wrote: »

1x Propulsion Cannon
    15x Batteries

This worked, thanks a ton!
    edited February 2017
    Yep... According to 0x6A7232, It's been known to have that side-effect on the game.

< chuckle >
    B)
  • rolandtigerfishrolandtigerfish Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227248Members
    edited February 2017
    Another avenue is loading up about 15 floaters firing them into the reaper and towing him away. A bit more of a challenge but it is fun. It's too bad there is not a tranquilizer recipe the one could use on the bigger varies.
    Yes I know stasis gun but the idea of tranquilizing the brute and dragging him off is better.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Also reapers at least can be killed with sufficient cyclops rams. Not sure about the Sea Dragons.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Carl_Bar wrote: »
    Also reapers at least can be killed with sufficient cyclops rams. Not sure about the Sea Dragons.
    Dog fighting a Sea Dragon is actually somewhat fun. Until he clips you into the ground and you get catapulted 500m away outside of the map.
    Be careful though,
    dead dragons still bite.
  • YolDovahYolDovah Boreville Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227924Members
    although i dont mind them been in the shallows or on the outskirts of the shallows and grassy plains what is a problem though is them clipping through the terrain a cliff is supposed to be just that a cliff but i've seen 4 reapers use them like teleporters.

Anyway i've got two circling lifepod 4 1 circling 13 and another that just wanders here an there.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    One stasis rifle, two diamond hardened daggers. Aim a head, cut it with knife. Approx. 80% jf dagger you need for secured kill.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Reaper in safe shallows is a bug, we're working to address it.

Noooooo!!!!
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    I just had this happen, too, except this one just spontaneously appeared 100m away from my lifepod after I went inside the Aurora. Didn't encounter any Reapers outside it going to or back from.
  • BigFatPancakesBigFatPancakes Greenland Join Date: 2017-02-21 Member: 228130Members
    well it keeps happening to me too it's very annoying and i hope that they will fix it soon :)
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members

(100% guaranteed to not have Rick Astley)