[BUG] Buggy seamoth locker causing major lag [43406]

FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
OK, so I start the game and jump in my seamoth. Terrible lag - 2 fps. I jump out and after a few moments everything is fine. This often happens and I just spawn another one and destroy the old one (keeping them just increases game load time for me).

As usual I swapped over the upgrades and contents; I had one locker with emergency food and batteries, etc., as well as a spare locker which was also stored in case I find a lot of stuff that I want to take home.

When I had finished, the new seamoth was also terribly laggy, which was strange. So I started unpacking things again to see if it was one thing affecting it.

To cut to the chase, one of the seamoth lockers made terrible lag if

1) It was attached to a seamoth when driving it;
2) I was carrying it in my inventory, and swimming, using seamoth or in a base;
3) It was in a floating storage locker, whether I was swimming, driving, anything. When the buggy seamoth locker was put in a base locker, there was no lag.

Unbelievable that one item could affect the frame rate so much!

Now, should I just leave this item in a base locker and forget about it, or drop it in a waste bin and hope it doesn't screw something else up?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    Please upload your saved game folder (all of it), see the first line of my signature.

@Obraxis
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    edited January 2017
    OK here it is.

If you go into the old white Seamoth XVII you get terrible lag, hence the reason why I will destroy it. It is only a week or so old...
    On exit, once you 'swim' away from it, just tread water until the lag stops and then carry on.

The new black Seamoth has the stuff I transferred to it, but note it's pretty much lag free compared to the old one. If you spawn a new seamoth, it would be smoother.

The buggy seamoth locker is in the base locker to the right of the hatch as you go in called 'Signals'. Pick it up and see the difference. Put it into the new seamoth or floating locker at your leisure, it still lags.

If you run out of food and water they are in the two lockers next to the signals.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGbby-s2gvYZU53b3RiRzM0Z0k
    591MB
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Frustrated wrote: »
    OK here it is.

If you go into the old white Seamoth XVII you get terrible lag, hence the reason why I will destroy it. It is only a week or so old...
    On exit, once you 'swim' away from it, just tread water until the lag stops and then carry on.

The new black Seamoth has the stuff I transferred to it, but note it's pretty much lag free compared to the old one. If you spawn a new seamoth, it would be smoother.

The buggy seamoth locker is in the base locker to the right of the hatch as you go in called 'Signals'. Pick it up and see the difference. Put it into the new seamoth or floating locker at your leisure, it still lags.

If you run out of food and water they are in the two lockers next to the signals.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGbby-s2gvYZU53b3RiRzM0Z0k
    591MB

@Obraxis
  • WarvisWarvis Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226701Members
    See 37688-fps-reduction-with-holding-seamoth-storage-upgrade

I also suffer from seamoth slowness, but dumping only the storage modules doesn't help - I guess I have to trash the seamoth and see if that helps...
    Warvis wrote: »
    See 37688-fps-reduction-with-holding-seamoth-storage-upgrade

I also suffer from seamoth slowness, but dumping only the storage modules doesn't help - I guess I have to trash the seamoth and see if that helps...

well spotted! That explains that particular storage problem. Just that one of many storage modules I have!

The seamoth problem persists though. I used to keep my old seamoths when they went laggy, but they increased my load time past 500s which was fixed once I destroyed them all.

I have a seamoth (XVII) that is about 1fps in it or near it. I'm going in now to destroy it and christen seamoth XVIII. I know in a week or so I will have to make another new one...
    Another thing I've noticed is that when I dock the seamoth in the cyclops, the lagging remains for about a minute and then goes back to smooth for a while, then lags again for a couple of seconds - this repeats in more or less irregular intervals.
    Also, only seamoth movement (turning, moving) seems to cause lag - just sitting in it with hands off the controls is still smooth (noticable when watching the sealife). This makes it look like it's more of a game-physics problem...

I never had noticable loading problems, tough - but then again I never had 17 seamoths dumped in the world (assuming you were naming them in sequence) ;)
    I'm still hoping this is going to be fixed before I have to trash my seamoth - all the things we went through... I can still see the imaginary scratches from when a reaper pushed me around in it and I barely escaped with just a couple percent hull strength...
    edited January 2017
    I only had about 12 then, and I never realised it was those that caused the long load times until I destroyed them all. I was as surprised as anything when I didn't have to read a book waiting for it to load!

I used to build them all from scratch until the mobile vehicle bay refused to work...

You description of the seamoth lag is bang-on. Sit and wait and it goes, move and it's laggy. Docking a laggy seamoth in the cyclops is a nightmare as you lag inside it when walking, so I don't bother. ANyway I refuse to use cyclops until I can see what's in the lockers!
    edited January 2017
    Frustrated wrote: »
    ANyway I refuse to use cyclops until I can see what's in the lockers!
    Ah, you mean the invisible PDA? Undocking the seamoth/prawn from the cyclops and entering through the hatch works for me, but you're right, it's pretty annoying (also, entering/exiting a base helps...although only for a short while).
    But the cyclops is basically my mobile home, so I got to live with it ;)
    edited January 2017
    Warvis wrote: »
    Ah, you mean the invisible PDA? Undocking the seamoth/prawn from the cyclops and entering through the hatch works for me, but you're right, it's pretty annoying (also, entering/exiting a base helps...although only for a short while).
    But the cyclops is basically my mobile home, so I got to live with it ;)

Doesn't work for me, I still can't see what's in my lockers.
    The cyclops is slow, hard to manoeuvre, the floodlights are dreadful. I'd rather use the seamoth and build myself a base where I need it!