Fabricator 3.0 [Reagent Tree]

almisamialmisami Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227094Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
This is my take on what I think would be an improvement to the current fabricator interface.

Essentially, you select your recipe on the right, but the actual ''craft'' buttons are on the left.

Raw resources are blue. ''Processed'' materials have a green or red outline depending on whether they are craftable immediately.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/bGsMa"><a href="//imgur.com/bGsMa"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also, as a side note, I think the Ion batteries should be made at a modification station and not a fabricator, but that's just me.

Comments

• TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Seems pretty nifty! I'd suggest having the red outline be around the icon of the materials that are missing though.

Also, Personal preference would be if the icon was on the other side instead, Expanding further out in the same direction. The big crafting icon could even expand from the items icon when clicking it.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    almisami wrote: »

Also, as a side note, I think the Ion batteries should be made at a modification station and not a fabricator, but that's just me.

That would depend, when you make an ion battery or cell you're making a new battery. Currently the recipe for batteries and cells stands at

Ion Battery - 1 copper + 1 Ion crystal (crystal replaces the normal acid mushroom)
    Ion Power Cell - 1 copper + 2 ion crystals + silicon rubber

Now the modification station could be used to upgrade current batteries and power cells while crafting with ion crystals and cells and batteries.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Obraxis ▲ maybe send that idea to whoever's doing the UI overhaul? Might be inspirational even if they don't use it exactly in that way. It does seem pretty well organized IMHO.

PS Sorry for all the pings, I just saw a few things recently you might want to look into or send to someone else to look at. I know you guys are all busy.
  • almisamialmisami Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227094Members
    almisami wrote: »

That would depend, when you make an ion battery or cell you're making a new battery. Currently the recipe for batteries and cells stands at

Ion Battery - 1 copper + 1 Ion crystal (crystal replaces the normal acid mushroom)
    Ion Power Cell - 1 copper + 2 ion crystals + silicon rubber

Now the modification station could be used to upgrade current batteries and power cells while crafting with ion crystals and cells and batteries.

That's basically my take on it. You're adding powdered or latticed ion crystals to the inside of the battery in some form.

Hell, even the current implementation makes little sense to me, as in my head the ion crystal should replace the copper and not the electrolyte solution. But then again I'm not a precursor.

Hell, it's possible making a battery out of an ion crystal is as dumb as just cutting it into a cylinder and gluing an an anode and a cathode electrode to it...
  • almisamialmisami Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227094Members
    edited January 2017
    Seems pretty nifty! I'd suggest having the red outline be around the icon of the materials that are missing though.

Also, Personal preference would be if the icon was on the other side instead, Expanding further out in the same direction. The big crafting icon could even expand from the items icon when clicking it.

I did try that when doodling on GIMP. I just thought that for both clarity and smaller screens the building process should bloom from the center of the screen: Left for crafting, right for picking a recipe.
    Might be worth taking a look at again. Actually, Ima see if it looks decent mirrored right now...