Map stops loading and saving no longer works... [ Build 42663 ] Experimental

Pjz412Pjz412 GA, USA Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220959Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So as the title states map stops loading after some time and if I try to save during this period the game doesn't bother. (Build 42613)

Comments

• Pjz412Pjz412 GA, USA Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220959Members
    edited December 2016
    I can't even make anymore progress since the game no longer saves once this occurs.
  • NachoboyNachoboy Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225727Members
    I have this issue too sometimes. The map will stop loading at cell borders sometimes and if you turn to go the other way, half the terrain stops loading and i end up with choppy terrain that you can see through. The worst part is if you save when this happens (before you notice or see it) the game will actually slice off that cell permanently. It also seems to completely disable saving for some reason, it'll say "saving game" then just potato forever and if i leave the game, subnautica will simply loop on the main menu "Loading...".

How long have you been playing on that save btw? mine was about 30 hours before i noticed it happening for me.
    Nachoboy wrote: »
    I have this issue too sometimes. The map will stop loading at cell borders sometimes and if you turn to go the other way, half the terrain stops loading and i end up with choppy terrain that you can see through. The worst part is if you save when this happens (before you notice or see it) the game will actually slice off that cell permanently. It also seems to completely disable saving for some reason, it'll say "saving game" then just potato forever and if i leave the game, subnautica will simply loop on the main menu "Loading...".

How long have you been playing on that save btw? mine was about 30 hours before i noticed it happening for me.

Yep same scenario: I encountered this error after roughly 22 hours and 55 minutes of gameplay
  • NachoboyNachoboy Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225727Members
    No one else is having this issue? I made a new hardcore save and literally 1hr in the game isn't able to save due to this issue. Has nothing to do with the game files, all validate, nothing to do with my computer as this is the only game issues arise like this...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    A YouTube streamer had this issue... I forget who. 8-bit Ryan?
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Yeah I seem Markiplier had lagging issues (major frame loss) while in the escape pod.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We know about this issue and are looking into it. Thanks.
  • SnowballSniperSnowballSniper Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224443Members

It was jacksepiceye.
  • kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members

It was jacksepiceye.

Both of them.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited January 2017
    Sodapoppin had the exact same issue when he tried to go to the ILZ.
    kubazet99 wrote: »

It was jacksepiceye.

Both of them.
    Jacksepticeye had some issues with chunks not loading but nothing as bad as this bug.

• cinderouscinderous Join Date: 2005-03-15 Member: 45390Members
    It happened a lot to me every 5 minutes or so and would save every few minutes in case I ran into it and couldn't save, but since the patches I have not experienced it as of today or most of yesterday. Make sure your experimental is up to date!
  • TurielDTurielD Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226185Members
    edited January 2017
    Just encountered this when entering the ILZ, right after switching to Experimental - seems my 49 hour save is disabled until this is resolved :(

@Obraxis would sending in the save help for this one?
  • TurielDTurielD Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226185Members
    Update: Just had this happen to a fresh save in Experimental, not even 25 minutes on the clock. As soon as the world chunks stopped loading in, saving was also disabled.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2017
    seems to happen randomly. It sucks really, it's a good idea to save often, just hope the devs manage to narrow down the issue.

Edit: @Obraxis

here's a log for you that pertains to this. log file is freaking large... too large for pastebin and I can't figure out how to attach files to posts here on these forums. Put it up on my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o5l7n7hnhh4a3j/output_log.txt?dl=0

• AvaruuAvaruu Texas Join Date: 2016-06-06 Member: 218168Members
    Oh gross, I haven't played in a couple of months or so and thought I'd saved when I got closer to the Aurora with no chunks loading. Farewell last couple of hours. :<
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    Check the top left when you save it says:

Saving game...

and then

Game saved

If it doesn't say game saved you've already lost your current game, but at least you know, and don't go off and do some more exploring etc that will be wasted.
  • DeepTripDiverDeepTripDiver Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226586Members
    edited January 2017
    I had this happen to me and it happened right after the medical closet bugged.
    The way it bugs is if you open it with a full inventory, the cabinet gets stuck visually in a closed door position but the tooltip on the side of it shows "close cabinet".

The cabinet gets stuck like this and after, everything slowly bugs out on the experimental.

The experimental can not be played at all because of the save bug at the moment.
    The save gets disabled totally when a switch somewhere in the engine is in a faulty state.
    There should be a reset of all open/close states when save is initiated to remedy this maybe ?
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    edited January 2017
    I've had problems with the world not loading or falling through the bottom of the world in previous game builds...
    started over this time... played for about 2 or so hours, when world stopped loading in. was saving before that... so messed around for a few more minutes, then logged out for the night... came back today and game loaded up to where I had only had 7 minutes of game time logged, essentially starting me over... considering I had a crash mid way through the time I played last night, and loaded the save back to where I had crashed minus a couple minutes....

so basically thanks to this glitch, it was as if I never saved since I started.

*update. deleted that save and started over.... game locked up and was forced to restart... I saved twice, but shows no save at all now... so can't even save any game I play now...
  • DeepTripDiverDeepTripDiver Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226586Members
    On the experimental
    Carica wrote: »
    *update. deleted that save and started over.... game locked up and was forced to restart... I saved twice, but shows no save at all now... so can't even save any game I play now...

Experimental is unplayable because of the save bug at the moment.

• rrnk235rrnk235 Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226440Members
    be glad itsjust that i cant even play my game due to snunmanaged/build18 failing to load a new game this error hast to do with terrain update making old saves not work then why does it happen on a fresh install all files validated and build 18 completley deleted idk but my game seems like it will never work agin and its really sad i bought it like 2 weeks ago i havent even gotten all my shit done yet like i had to refresh my pc with a new install of windows 7 and ever since then this error has been showing up
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Frustrated wrote: »
    Check the top left when you save it says:

Saving game...

and then

Game saved

If it doesn't say game saved you've already lost your current game, but at least you know, and don't go off and do some more exploring etc that will be wasted.

Possible workaround: If it doesn't say game saved, try alt+tab, then deleting your saved game slot00xx folder, then alt+tab back to Subnautica, and try saving agian? Not sure if it would work.