'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• Pudding01Pudding01 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-03 Member: 216308Members
    You know, having been gone for... awhile... I expected a bit more than page 20...

Ah well, I guess it's lucky I decided to check my inbox (>>300+ unread messages, 99.999...% spam, Charter's spam filter SUCKS) and was reminded of this story.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Pudding01 wrote: »
    You know, having been gone for... awhile... I expected a bit more than page 20...

Ah well, I guess it's lucky I decided to check my inbox (>>300+ unread messages, 99.999...% spam, Charter's spam filter SUCKS) and was reminded of this story.

-_- You know that can come off sounding entitled, right?
  • akatoadakatoad USA Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207858Members
    Even though I know what the exosuits look like, I can't help but picture Selkirk's suit as Terminator Armor 0bbde68670a447b7fe544e8a25f33cde.jpg
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    2 Words. Your Doomed.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I was thinking of terminators as well. This is just like clearing some 'nids out of a space hulk.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited December 2016
    akatoad wrote: »
    Even though I know what the exosuits look like, I can't help but picture Selkirk's suit as Terminator Armor

A fairly close comparison, although the Jenner and Pasteur Mk. V variants are also equipped with 2,500 litre toxin storage tanks that conform to the general shape of the basic ExoSuit pattern. Makes them appear considerably more bulky.

... Uncomfortably similar to Terminator armour, in fact. ;) Unfortunately, no Storm Bolters are equipped.

Adeptus Ares Caledoni, 'Haggis Basher' Chapter.

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Even though I know what the exosuits look like, I can't help but picture Selkirk's suit as Terminator Armor 0bbde68670a447b7fe544e8a25f33cde.jpg

PURGE THE EXO SCUM COMMENCE ADEPTUS EXTERMINATUS.
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    If Your Wondering My Story Seems More Like A Roleplay Due To The Fact There More Then 1 Or 2 Users In It.

for gods sake just forget it m8
  • akatoadakatoad USA Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207858Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Even though I know what the exosuits look like, I can't help but picture Selkirk's suit as Terminator Armor

A fairly close comparison, although the Jenner and Pasteur Mk. V variants are also equipped with 2,500 litre toxin storage tanks that conform to the general shape of the basic ExoSuit pattern. Makes them appear considerably more bulky.

... Uncomfortably similar to Terminator armour, in fact. ;) Unfortunately, no Storm Bolters are equipped.

Adeptus Ares Caledoni, 'Haggis Basher' Chapter.

May not have storm bolters, but he certainly does have a heavy flamer ;)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

-_- You know that can come off sounding entitled, right?

Was not my intention, thanks for pointing it out...
  • Tmart94Tmart94 u.s Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216043Members
    edited December 2016
    Wait. Wait. Waiiiit. Human brain fused with metal body? Followed by a request for an alliance...
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.
    Tmart94 wrote: »
    Wait. Wait. Waiiiit. Human brain fused with metal body? Followed by a request for an alliance...
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.

You're new to this story. I can tell.

A brief recap:

A digitised copy of Selkirk's psyche is housed in a AI memory core. Therefore, he is technically an android. One hundred per cent synthetic.

The Kharaa intelligence proposed that Selkirk could join the Kharaa swarm, and use his particular talents to create a cybernetically-enhanced version of the entire Kharaa genome.
    This would be a Very Bad Thing.

Clear enough?
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.

A brief recap:

A digitised copy of Selkirk's psyche is housed in a AI memory core. Therefore, he is technically an android. One hundred per cent synthetic.

The Kharaa intelligence proposed that Selkirk could join the Kharaa swarm, and use his particular talents to create a cybernetically-enhanced version of the entire Kharaa genome.

Clear enough?

And how the hell did a biological "you will be assimilated" expect to assimilate non-organic life?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2016
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.

A brief recap:

Clear enough?

And how the hell did a biological "you will be assimilated" expect to assimilate non-organic life?

Probably the same way a biological entity voluntarily assimilated to a non-organic life did just that?
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.

A brief recap:

Clear enough?

Probably the same was a biological entity voluntarily assimilated to a non-organic life did just that?

So they just want his mind then. That makes more sense
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Bloody astartes take all the credit for stuff the Guard did......
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    edited December 2016
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Bloody astartes take all the credit for stuff the Guard did......

is that just a comment or to make a point about the story anyway marvellous work bugzapper
    I imagine the kharaa are basically just zerg F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.....
  • Tmart94Tmart94 u.s Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216043Members
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.

A brief recap:

Clear enough?
    Dr. Who reference?

Edit to fix vagueness...
    Page 19.

A brief recap:

Clear enough?

Actually. I've been here from the beginning. I was merely referring to the similarities of those two situations.
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    This entire ordeal is reminding a lot of us about 40K and to me particularly Space Hulk: Deathwing. Which is filled with a lot of blood and gore quite like this chapter.Yet of course everyone has a certain fan-boyishness to them and we all love a bit of Sci-Fi battles!
    Cryleve wrote: »
    This entire ordeal is reminding a lot of us about 40K and to me particularly Space Hulk: Deathwing. Which is filled with a lot of blood and gore quite like this chapter.Yet of course everyone has a certain fan-boyishness to them and we all love a bit of Sci-Fi battles!

True. There's more than a bit of a Space Hulk encounter in this one. Unavoidable, given the circumstances.
    Can't exactly sit the Kharaa down to a glass of wine laced with iocaine powder, can I ?
    edited December 2016
    @Tmart94 Why the double quote?

Edit your post, mate. It looks like spam.
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    edited December 2016

True. There's more than a bit of a Space Hulk encounter in this one. Unavoidable, given the circumstances.
    Can't exactly sit the Kharaa down to a glass of wine laced with iocaine powder, can I ?

No you can't in fact here dwell on this typed it up myself "Good or Bad is a universal concept it's always a war between Black and White most can't see the world for what it really is, and what is the actual world? Muted Shades of Gray is the answer you seek... but the question is are you really on the correct side?" Now this may be incorrect giving the circumstances yet it really describes Selkirks view of the world. And my personal view as well philosophical it may be but the truth is what it holds are we really all Great People? You may see soldiers as in 40K kill for the Emperor but we all see the truth of a power hungry being feeding off others for his own benefit!
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    *reads last story snip* .... F*CK, YEAH, KILL 'EM ALL!
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members

From "For the EMPORER" to "that's inconceivable "
    In a single post! That's genius!

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Quick man the water pump, lose the anchor, get rid of any dead weight. The thread must stay afloat it's getting to the climax

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Happy Hogswatch, everyone!
    May your Grievances be trivial, and your Feats of Strength impressive.

I mean, I got that Camel Feat of Strength in WoW during Cata; that's pretty impressive.