Grand Reef Gubernatorial Election

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    @phantomfinch Let me tell you something, you little megalomaniacal red brat. I awaited a response for my previous request. The ones who seriously talked about it were the N-LAP. I am not going to sit idle and die from some alien infection so you lot wound't have your feelings hurt. I really couldn't care less about this war. Oh, and about the infection: small scale study on my personnal lab shows it is waterborne bacteria. It can be possible that this ENTIRE planet is infected, with some individuals developing the disease, and others not. You are already carrying disease to other biomes by letting an infected crew drive a submarine, qualifiying as biological warfare.

The weapon does not belong to you, Biters. It doesn't belong to anyone. The rightly owners of the weapon were the Precursors, and they are dead.

Investigating the Aurora, it's wrecks, the Precursor weapon, as well as the Precursor installations just gained a really good motivator: I am not going to die on a alien planet, slain by a alien infection, willingly, because you megalomaniacal little shits couldn't cope with the fact that there's individuals who aren't going to bow to you and take things granted. You didn't answer my request because you didn't want.

And let me tell you one last thing: bring any, ANY, of your members close to my vehicles and bases, and I shall exercise my right of both self-defence, and defence of my property. With extreme prejudice.

At last, this goes to the N-LAP @jamezorg: I will be happy to help you anyway I can. Just to note, I can now remote control an interesting number of vehicles. For the communists, take that what you will.

James Anderson

I'd like to see you defend yourself without any electricity, or maybe without any oxygen.
    Remember we control the shallow. We're allowing you to live so far because we like a plump meal for our Christmas feast and right now, your looking a bit thin

Well, did you know energy doesn't come only from the sun? And food doesn't come only from fish? But I don't expect you to understand that, commie. Scare tactics and fear are what you are really good, but they don't work for everyone...

What would a biter look like with a drill through it's head, I wonder...

James, the Reef Conglomerate advises that you leave the planetary body as soon as is humanly possible, for I do not want you caught up in this conflict. Either hide out in the Aurora until the fighting ceases or leave the planet. Either way the Conglomerate will support you.

I appreciate your concern. I am going to hide in the Aurora, but I am going to send vehicles to continue the investigation. It's too important to let it be. Also, I don't know how much time I have with this infection, so I will have to make things go quick, and that's why I can't leave the planet. I didn't say this on the report, but I also received schematics for a rocket to leave the planet. The problem is I need a power source for it, one I can't fabricate here. The only power source available is the one on the Precursor Array. Which I can't get, because I'm infected (and, very likely, every living being on this planet as well).

I will do things remotely from the Aurora. But, there may come a time when I am going to need to go, in person, to solve a problem regarding the investigation.

Oh, and don't worry about the Precursor Array. As stated on my report, looks like it's function is to maintain this planet on some sort of quarantine. Which means no one on this planet can operate it manually, for nothing. And wars between the regions, for what I could understand, don't qualify as breaches on said quarantine.

Again, I appreciate the concern of the N-LAP. I will do my best to stay out of the conflict.

James Anderson.

Thank you for hiding out in the Aurora. It pains me to say this, however: no vehicles shall be sent from your position into open waters. As it stands, the Aurora is very close to Shoal territory, and if they find and take these vehicles they could be used against us. Our EMP blasts will do considerable damage to these vehicles, yes, but I am more concerned for non-members of the Conglomerate, namely the Republic of Koosh. I'm afraid we cannot allow you to work remotely, although we really wish we could. And we haven't had a very good history with human vehicles in general. Your primary directive should be your evacuation of this planet, which I doubt you will be able to do thanks to the Shoal. Please, halt your research. Wait until the Shoal threat has been crushed and then continue your investigations by hand. I don't mean to be strict, but if we hear any reports of vehicles leaving the Aurora under your control we will dispatch Crabsquids to their last known location and have them disabled.

We only want what's best for you and the ocean. Please, you must understand that a foreign researcher isn't our primary focus at the moment, and we will further our involvement in this Cold War before helping the likes of you. Perhaps you can continue research in the Aurora for now, but as it stands you must leave us be.
    I actually think that it's really cool that you wanted to see what would happen if a survivor was dropped into this political presidential issue, and then that became one of the main driving forces for this entire war. The government couldn't handle it, and now we're at war. Awesome, dude :)

I...I understand. All the bases and vehicles I couldn't scavenge or recycle are now receiving a signal for auto-destruction. I will be able to recycle it's remains once this is over and I've managed to secure supplies for my stay on Aurora, also some vehicles to help me here, to help me repair some laboratories on the ship, and to escape from it if there's evidence of the Shoal comming here to destroy what's left from the Aurora. In this last case, I'll grab everything here, and try my luck escaping to Conglomerate territory. If, during my escape, the Shoal try to capture my last vehicles, I will give an order of self-destruct to every one of them. I may die. That's certain. But I'll be damned if I don't take some of these red bastards with me.

James Anderson

James two words

"Target locked"

You'll have to guess what the last one is

You know... that sub you showed is reminds me very much of an human sub. I'll tell you a secret.
    On a young age I was conscripted on the Navy. The Navy paid for my studies on Engineering, this long before I was contracted by Alterra.

I can build equipment to travel to the stars. Let that sink for a while.

Do you really think this is my first battle on the ocean, kid? And remember, I don't need to fight you. That means I am now docking on Aurora, while your troops are now wondering what the hell happened to them.

James Anderson

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    @phantomfinch Also, you people call that a shot? Really? That didn't even make a dent on the hull.

I know blind people who could have sink my sub for good with just a little push. But I guess you reds are just as good as the levels of propaganda, dissident hunting, and foreign money supporting you. Because you, by yourselves, would just sank to the depths of the ocean.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Halt!

I wish to inform you all that a war thread, consisting of a map complete with military forces and units, as well as advances and battles, is in construction. This thread will also include the terms of engagement. Consider this a message from the peeper administration: limit all conflict to small skirmishes, with nothing too major in terms of military moves. It will be much easier to have a larger map to view the total conflict from, so as to not complicate things too much.

Additionally, I leave the current public stance of the SAHP to @dealwithitdog.

P.S.
    Here are the alliances as I understand them:

Establishment:
    N-LAP
    NVP
    SAHP (uneasy allies)

Communist:
    GCSC
    PH/SP

Neutral:
    AAA
    EPCA (though they have been used by the GCSC...? where do they stand?
    Every other party...

I'm pretty sure the territories have been defined by @Jamezorg, though I wish to make a few things clear: the establishment parties have been neutral up to this point- I wish to make it clear that the Peeper admistration establishes the safe shallows as a neutral zone, for refugees- this includes the crash-site shallows as well. However, the administration is more inclined towards the establishment alliance, considering the Peeper party is, well, the establishment government. The ECPA promotes neutrality, though the Grand Reef is sort of allied with the establishment. However, let's wait and see if any of the party reps @BENSKI or @Ralij. announce any position.

What of the Crabsnakes? Are they recovering from the war? Is their war over?

If so, how will this affect the outcome of this war?

The crabsnake uprising raged on for some time, however most recently all has been quiet. According to Eye-eyewitness espionage accounts, the species stopped their infighting a while back after both sides sustained heavy casualties. It was reported that a new order had been established in the Jellyshroom caves, the United Crabsnake Republic. Sources say the principles of the republic are nationalistic, and they have a "Jellyshroom first" mentality. Additionally, they have announced that they are openly hostile to anyone crossing their path. Considering the shallows are neutral, they have not attempted invasion into those biomes, but the biomes surrounding the shallows are a potential target. It is unknown at this time what action will be taken, but they should be considered as a hostile body (unless someone should be able to win them over).

A little late on this, but could I represent the UCR (United Crabsnake Republic), despite my vote for the Biter? I feel the Crabsnake needs representation, and I'm not a particular fan of the Shoal's actions. Is there anything against this switch of allegiances?
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Halt!

I wish to inform you all that a war thread, consisting of a map complete with military forces and units, as well as advances and battles, is in construction. This thread will also include the terms of engagement. Consider this a message from the peeper administration: limit all conflict to small skirmishes, with nothing too major in terms of military moves. It will be much easier to have a larger map to view the total conflict from, so as to not complicate things too much.

P.S.

Establishment:
    N-LAP
    NVP
    SAHP (uneasy allies)

Communist:
    GCSC
    PH/SP

Neutral:
    AAA
    Every other party...

I'm pretty sure the territories have been defined by @Jamezorg, though I wish to make a few things clear: the establishment parties have been neutral up to this point- I wish to make it clear that the Peeper admistration establishes the safe shallows as a neutral zone, for refugees- this includes the crash-site shallows as well. However, the administration is more inclined towards the establishment alliance, considering the Peeper party is, well, the establishment government. The ECPA promotes neutrality, though the Grand Reef is sort of allied with the establishment. However, let's wait and see if any of the party reps @BENSKI or @Ralij. announce any position.

The crabsnake uprising raged on for some time, however most recently all has been quiet. According to Eye-eyewitness espionage accounts, the species stopped their infighting a while back after both sides sustained heavy casualties. It was reported that a new order had been established in the Jellyshroom caves, the United Crabsnake Republic. Sources say the principles of the republic are nationalistic, and they have a "Jellyshroom first" mentality. Additionally, they have announced that they are openly hostile to anyone crossing their path. Considering the shallows are neutral, they have not attempted invasion into those biomes, but the biomes surrounding the shallows are a potential target. It is unknown at this time what action will be taken, but they should be considered as a hostile body (unless someone should be able to win them over).

A little late on this, but could I represent the UCR (United Crabsnake Republic), despite my vote for the Biter? I feel the Crabsnake needs representation, and I'm not a particular fan of the Shoal's actions. Is there anything against this switch of allegiances?

Yea, that would be good. We need a representative for the UCR, even though they aren't doing much at the moment. And are surrounded. And stuff. But just do it!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    Halt!

P.S.

Establishment:
    N-LAP
    NVP
    SAHP (uneasy allies)

Communist:
    GCSC
    PH/SP

Neutral:
    AAA
    Every other party...

Yea, that would be good. We need a representative for the UCR, even though they aren't doing much at the moment. And are surrounded. And stuff. But just do it!

As long as I'm not creating an outburst of anger for the switch, I guess I'm the representative of the UCR.

Do we have some pre-determined campaign ready for this war?
    Do we have some pre-determined campaign ready for this war?

We, the Crabsnakes, are going to stay neutral for a while longer, and heal the wounds in our government and population. However, I would like to make a peace treaty for the time being with the Shoal. As some of your troops share the Caves with us, we both are at risk of each other. So, you don't attack us, we don't attack you.
    As a side note, how do you get pictures you take in Subnautica, into the forum?
    edited December 2016
    @Skope You can use the "Attach image/file" button, or, just what I discovered on the Sandworm thread, paste the url of the video/image directly on your comment, without the BBCode. I always wondered why my other posts with videos and images never had them appearing openly on my post, just the links.
    I also have some narratives for James to follow. I will use them according with the actions being taken on this war. But I believe he will stay put on Aurora for the time being.

I know, but how do you get pictures off of Subnautica, onto my computer, onto this tread?
    I believe that button allows to do that. It has a Drop Image/File area
    Maybe you're explaining this perfectly and I'm just dumb, but how do I get pictures I take off my Subnautica file?
    edited December 2016
    Maybe you're explaining this perfectly and I'm just dumb, but how do I get pictures I take off my Subnautica file?

What you have to do is click the Link to Steam button (or something like that) and then go onto your steam folder and find the picture. Drag and drop that shit and you're set (search on the internet about how to find the steam folder, I forgot how :) )
    edited December 2016

What you have to do is click the Link to Steam button (or something like that) and then go onto your steam folder and find the picture. Drag and drop that shit and you're set (search on the internet about how to find the steam folder, I forgot how :) )

Thanks for the advice. Now that that has been taken care of, let us return to war. Didn't think I would ever say those words.
    edited December 2016
    Might as well make this a formal treaty I guess.

This peace treaty is for the Shoal and Reef Conglomerate, and their leaders @phantomfinch and @Jamezorg, about peace between our peoples.

We are a weak nation as of right now, after enduring many hardships of civil war. However, we are the only species to have fought in war, and we do it pretty dang well. I only ask that we be left neutral at this time, to heal the wounds of our small nation.

While the rebels have been incapacitated, there are sympathizers to their radical thinking, and we of the UCR must take action to make sure that their "kill all but yourself" attitude never reaches the surface of this world. We agree with the hatred of humans, as we were plagued by a number of them. Thanks to their actions, they led to the beginning of our terrible war, and as such, no humans will be tolerated in The Caves.

It is an awful time to be in our position as of late, as our world stands at the brink of a terrible war. And, being a veteran myself, I can say without a doubt that war will only bring sorrow and death. But I fear we have gone too far for this advice to be heeded. So I ask of The Shoal and Reef Conglomerate, to find your fishanity (humanity for fish, for all of you who don't understand puns) and spare us at this time.

Despite this, any attack on our homes will be an act that we Crabsnakes will not tolerate. We will be forced to war once more on behalf of any aggressive actions. And I don't think anyone would want that.

We Crabsnakes will not choose a side in war, unless provoked to. Meaning any all threats to the UCR will be taken seriously.

And as a Sir Isaac Snaketon once proposed...

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning any act against the UCR, will be met with and equal, opposing reaction.

Warm seas friends, and as a final plea to all, do not fight in a war when you don't like the outcomes of it.

Skope, Commanding General in the CCW (Crabsnake Civil War), Leader of the UCR.

That was way too much fun to write. :)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

This peace treaty is for the Shoal and Reef Conglomerate, and their leaders @phantomfinch and @Jamezorg, about peace between our peoples.

We are a weak nation as of right now, after enduring many hardships of civil war. However, we are the only species to have fought in war, and we do it pretty dang well. I only ask that we be left neutral at this time, to heal the wounds of our small nation.

While the rebels have been incapacitated, there are sympathizers to their radical thinking, and we of the UCR must take action to make sure that their "kill all but yourself" attitude never reaches the surface of this world. We agree with your hatred of humans, as we were plagued by a number of them. Thanks to their actions, they led to the beginning of our terrible war, and as such, no humans will be tolerated in The Caves.

It is an awful time to be in our position as of late, as our world stands at the brink of a terrible war. And, being a veteran myself, I can say without a doubt that war will only bring sorrow and death. But I fear we have gone too far for this advice to be heeded. So I ask of The Shoal and Reef Conglomerate, to find your fishanity (humanity for fish, for all of you who don't understand puns) and spare us at this time.

Despite this, any attack on our homes will be an act that we Crabsnakes will not tolerate. We will be forced to war once more on behalf of any aggressive actions. And I don't think anyone would want that.

We Crabsnakes will not choose a side in war, unless provoked to. Meaning any all threats to the UCR will be taken seriously.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning any act against the UCR, will be met with and equal, opposing reaction.

Warm seas friends, and as a final plea to all, do not fight in a war when you don't like the outcomes of it.

I'm sorry but the reef has taken too much from the shoal.

And if you think of joining the reef, well you better start rationing them oculus because nothing will get in or out of that cave
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Update: War thread almost finished. Anyone like Risk?

While the rebels have been incapacitated, there are sympathizers to their radical thinking, and we of the UCR must take action to make sure that their "kill all but yourself" attitude never reaches the surface of this world. We agree with your hatred of humans, as we were plagued by a number of them. Thanks to their actions, they led to the beginning of our terrible war, and as such, no humans will be tolerated in The Caves.

I'm sorry but the reef has taken too much from the shoal.

And if you think of joining the reef, well you better start rationing them oculus because nothing will get in or out of that cave

Ooh, threats! I've never been too involved with these political threads, but I can see why people enjoy them so much. I've never been hypothetically threatened over the internet before, what a rush!

On a serious note, I never said I would join either side unless my people were under substantial threat. So, as I said before, you don't hurt us, we won't hurt you.

Pffft... talk to my "Family Risk Champion" award. I've been waiting for the day it would come in handy.

Dude, I lay Lord of the Rings risk, I'm getting Game of Thrones risk for Christmas, so yea, I love that shit!

Dude, I lay Lord of the Rings risk, I'm getting Game of Thrones risk for Christmas, so yea, I love that shit!

So, do you like Risk? Or do you like half-mythology, half-fantasy games that relate to war? ;)

So, do you like Risk? Or do you like half-mythology, half-fantasy games that relate to war? ;)

Gonna answer with a solid 'both'.
    Jesus, off topic just a bit, listening to the Polar Express opening music and I've got the goosebumps. Christmas is here :)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited December 2016

Boy I'm so risky that I won a pawn shop with my old man and my son, big hoss.

(Da hell is Risk, il play monopoly or a game of risk.)

Dude, this better be an awesome freakin' thread! I'm tingling with excitement!

So when you say almost, what does that mean?
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

It mean's I'm just photoshopping the last elements onto the map

As long as that doesn't mean in a few days, I'm okay.

Think it'll be done in a couple of hours? It's around about 8 where I am in the world. Not to pressure you or anything, but the bags under my eyes are larger than usual. Me and my pallingtons were having a Civ V tournament last night so yea.
    Ooohh, this is gonna be good

You know it! The alliances are at a standstill at the moment, but a Sandshark uprising is about to go underway, and that will probably trigger a lot of stuff.

You know it! The alliances are at a standstill at the moment, but a Sandshark uprising is about to go underway, and that will probably trigger a lot of stuff.

Hm this is the only thing I am sad about:
    James will have to stand down and stand quiet. I'm playing with some ideas for him if certain things happen during the war, like if Aurora suffers an attack, and if this attack is from the nose of the ship or not, what would happen during the escape of James, if he tries to go to the Conglomerate transpassing the Void, or if he goes through the shallows (with these last two, there are 4 lines of narratives I could follow). Probably main events that could require an action to be taken by the survivor. But, unfortunately, he will stay quiet and put.