Unable to use scanner on anything

Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
edited December 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Simple as that. I can't scan sea life, a seaglide fragment I found near the lifepod, ect ect. I really need help because a scanner is the only way of progressing.

Comments

• Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
    -Kind of need this fixed quickly so i'm just going to bump this.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Switch to experimental. See my sig.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Can't, i'm only 13. Can't afford the game, so I was forced to use cracked. My buddy cory (who also can't afford the game, we just want to enjoy it) is able to use the scanner and he has the same version as me, no experimental. Any other way to fix this?
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members

Can't, i'm only 13. Can't afford the game, so I was forced to use cracked. My buddy cory (who also can't afford the game, we just want to enjoy it) is able to use the scanner and he has the same version as me, no experimental. Any other way to fix this?

Did you really just post on the official forums about openly pirating an indie game?! hahahahhaahahaha, Man, too funny. I wouldn't expect to get much help here now. haha.
    mndfreeze wrote: »

Did you really just post on the official forums about openly pirating an indie game?! hahahahhaahahaha, Man, too funny. I wouldn't expect to get much help here now. haha.

I'd rather experience the awesome game than not, is that really such a bad thing?
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    When its stealing someones hard work, yes. hahaha.

I'm totally going to go shoplift myself a new xbox scorpio when it comes out. I'm sure they will understand that I just want to experience the new console but dont have enough cash for it. Is that really such a bad thing?

Morals aside, Subnautica is early access and a giant pile of unoptimized bugs as it is, the game changes and gets patched all the time and no pirated copy is ever going to function well because of that. The cracks they write are usually very half ass and buggy themselves, and who knows if they properly packaged up whatever old version they decided to copy to pirate out, and finally pirated software is a major insertion point for malware and virus's, so be careful. :smiley:
    mndfreeze wrote: »
    When its stealing someones hard work, yes. hahaha.

I'm totally going to go shoplift myself a new xbox scorpio when it comes out. I'm sure they will understand that I just want to experience the new console but dont have enough cash for it. Is that really such a bad thing?

Morals aside, Subnautica is early access and a giant pile of unoptimized bugs as it is, the game changes and gets patched all the time and no pirated copy is ever going to function well because of that. The cracks they write are usually very half ass and buggy themselves, and who knows if they properly packaged up whatever old version they decided to copy to pirate out, and finally pirated software is a major insertion point for malware and virus's, so be careful. :smiley:

Yes, I know there's risks to torrent pirating. But to be honest it's the same torrent that my best friend cory used, and he has no problems. I've currently found no bugs in the game except this one, the only things I can scan are the desks and things like in the floating island past the aurora in my creative save, it only seems to fail in survival.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    edited December 2016

The devs wont be fixing anything on a pirated game XD
    ech0gh0st wrote: »

The devs wont be fixing anything on a pirated game XD

Yes already been over that, if I had the money I would honestly buy it, the game is great. I don't think it's worth just bashing me for that, I just want to experience the game and I need the scanner to work.
    Erm. It's $20

So, let's do some figuring.

You have no expenses that you have to pay. If you made $5 a week you could buy Subnautica in a month. Earn & save some money, then buy a Steam gift card at Walmart or something.

Even if you can only make $1 a week from scrounging quarters dropped around vending machines (and you could probably make a lot more doing other things as well), in 20 weeks you'd be able to own Subnautica.

Do you get an allowance? If so, save that, and add to it by either scrounging or doing odd jobs.

Even plastic bottles have a 5 cent deposit, if you return 20 of those a day, you'd get Subnautica in 20 days.
    edited December 2016
    Erm. It's $20

So, let's do some figuring.

You have no expenses that you have to pay. If you made $5 a week you could buy Subnautica in a month. Earn & save some money, then buy a Steam gift card at Walmart or something.

Even if you can only make $1 a week from scrounging quarters dropped around vending machines (and you could probably make a lot more doing other things as well), in 20 weeks you'd be able to own Subnautica.

Do you get an allowance? If so, save that, and add to it by either scrounging or doing odd jobs.

Even plastic bottles have a 5 cent deposit, if you return 20 of those a day, you'd get Subnautica in 20 days.

No allowance, Live 1 hour from closest town so no luck with vending machines, No daily payments, no recycling happens up here, I'm in the middle of no where in a mountain. I do get money on christmas and birthdays, but I'd have to wait till my birthday because I need every cent of christmas money to get a drawing tablet I'm trying to get. (My parents would be pissed if they found out I blew 20$ on a game, because they don't even like computers in general besides using them for like craigslist and information ect ect.) Also I wouldn't need a gift card considering I buy things via paypal.
    Eh, well... maybe see if you can convince them to get you Subnautica for Christmas, but other than that.

Umm. Hmm. If Subnautica goes on sale for Christmas it might even be $12 again, but with no money that doesn't help.
    edited December 2016
    Eh, well... maybe see if you can convince them to get you Subnautica for Christmas, but other than that.

Umm. Hmm. If Subnautica goes on sale for Christmas it might even be $12 again, but with no money that doesn't help.

Mhm. It's not like I want the game owners to be broke, I just honestly can't afford to pay for it right now. But could this get back to the topic? Without scanning anything I can't go further. I remember that the scanner worked in creative when going to the floating island near the aurora. I could scan the desks and such.
    edited December 2016
    <redacted temporarily>
    Heh. I should also note that I'm not supporting the pirating of this or any game. :(
    I'm checking a few things, stand by.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2016
    Sorry, we cant support cracked versions of the game. We understand some people cant afford it, but we've made the game as cheap as possible (especially around sale times).

I'll have to lock this thread, but best of luck OP.
This discussion has been closed.