Please fix issues before adding content

2»

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    If you want to get ahold of the devs, I'd suggest using the Subnautica Discord server and private messaging one of them (or you can @mention them in the general chat). If you are polite and patient, usually they'll get back to you relatively fast (in my experience, anyways).

Key word: POLITE
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited November 2016
    Someone can't grasp the difference between VR enabled or not... then talks about being "ABSOLUTELY CLEAR"
    /facepalm

VR requires additional coding, animation, etc... if it is not released it is because it's not done. How many times people need to tell you that before it registers? They clearly stated they are working on it... but you are not the priority. They will do this how they see fit... and that generally implies base game will be touched first then VR aspect after that not the other way around. You can't add VR portion of something and then add that something in... that doesn't even make sense... So guess what, vehicles will get worked on and then and only then they will be worked on from VR standpoint. If this still doesn't register... nobody can help you.

You sleep in your precious Occulus or something?
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    As far as optimization and bugs go, the game is fine for me. It certainly has its issues, but they're mostly very minor and just graphical, easy to ignore.

Keep in mind that it's still in early access, they want to figure out what they want in the game before tying everything together and polishing it, just like with anything else that takes a long time to make. You wouldn't want to start buffing and waxing a car that you're building before you've even put the chassis in would you? Let them continue to flesh the game out, and when they've gotten closer to being done they can optimize it, polish it up and fix the long list of minor graphical issues.

If it bothers you that bad, just do what I've been doing for over half a year now and drop the game. I decided I wanted to stop playing to prevent myself from fully exploring everything before they've even added objectives into the game, if the bugs bother you that bad then by all means, do the same. I'm waiting for more objectives and a fully fleshed out story, you can wait for bug fixes and optimizations.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    Someone can't grasp the difference between VR enabled or not... then talks about being "ABSOLUTELY CLEAR"
    /facepalm

VR requires additional coding, animation, etc... if it is not released it is because it's not done. How many times people need to tell you that before it registers? They clearly stated they are working on it... but you are not the priority. They will do this how they see fit... and that generally implies base game will be touched first then VR aspect after that not the other way around. You can't add VR portion of something and then add that something in... that doesn't even make sense... So guess what, vehicles will get worked on and then and only then they will be worked on from VR standpoint. If this still doesn't register... nobody can help you.

Fluffers wrote: »
    As far as optimization and bugs go, the game is fine for me. It certainly has its issues, but they're mostly very minor and just graphical, easy to ignore.

Keep in mind that it's still in early access, they want to figure out what they want in the game before tying everything together and polishing it, just like with anything else that takes a long time to make. You wouldn't want to start buffing and waxing a car that you're building before you've even put the chassis in would you? Let them continue to flesh the game out, and when they've gotten closer to being done they can optimize it, polish it up and fix the long list of minor graphical issues.

If it bothers you that bad, just do what I've been doing for over half a year now and drop the game. I decided I wanted to stop playing to prevent myself from fully exploring everything before they've even added objectives into the game, if the bugs bother you that bad then by all means, do the same. I'm waiting for more objectives and a fully fleshed out story, you can wait for bug fixes and optimizations.

Guys, you're misunderstanding.

There's another storefront -- think like the Xbox store -- for Occulus. That storefront (Occulus Home) hasn't had the updates that the Steam store and Xbox have had, hence his point. He's not saying the VR side is behind (we all understand that), but he's saying the entire game isn't updated on the Occulus store.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    /facepalm

Fluffers wrote: »

Guys, you're misunderstanding.

There's another storefront -- think like the Xbox store -- for Occulus. That storefront (Occulus Home) hasn't had the updates that the Steam store and Xbox have had, hence his point. He's not saying the VR side is behind (we all understand that), but he's saying the entire game isn't updated on the Occulus store.

This is why I think they should have held off on putting it up there (Assuming it was their decision) until the game was ready for release. It seems that it's not as simple / quick getting updates to the version there as it is to Steam. I mean look at the Xbox - they have to submit a review application, wait for it to be accepted, then wait further for the folks at Microsoft to look the patch(es) over, and then hope it's given the greenlight - otherwise, they have to start it all over again. Which is more tedious than Steam which doesn't even bat an eye at updates, no matter how good or broken they are.

For all we know, it might be a similar mess with pushing updates to the Oculus Home store, hence the slower updating. Just my two insignificant cents on the matter.
    Just found this:

Obraxis wrote: »
    We sent the build to Oculus, but something went bad in transit. We're trying to sort it out with them ASAP.
    The Oculus Home update should be going live very soon. Apologies for the delay.

• Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    edited November 2016
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Just found this:

We sent the build to Oculus, but something went bad in transit. We're trying to sort it out with them ASAP.
    The Oculus Home update should be going live very soon. Apologies for the delay.

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited November 2016
    Good thing it was just a kink in the line from the devs to the Occulus Home store, then, eh?
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I've edited a couple of the last few comments after reading through this thread and becoming increasingly unhappy with its tone. I want to make it clear that it has nothing to do with the fact that they were critical. Rather, because they were belligerent and rude, which is absolutely not welcome here. Please keep it civil from now on.

The issue is that whilst they are both PC platforms, Steam and Oculus Home don't have a perfect 1:1 relationship. There were some issues with the Oculus build that took a little time to rectify. We're sorry about the delay. It's not a matter of us ignoring any particular problem; sometimes there are just difficult problems to solve.
  • FlixFlix Join Date: 2016-11-16 Member: 223912Members
    edited November 2016
    Insane wrote: »
    I've edited a couple of the last few comments after reading through this thread and becoming increasingly unhappy with its tone. I want to make it clear that it has nothing to do with the fact that they were critical. Rather, because they were belligerent and rude, which is absolutely not welcome here. Please keep it civil from now on.

The issue is that whilst they are both PC platforms, Steam and Oculus Home don't have a perfect 1:1 relationship. There were some issues with the Oculus build that took a little time to rectify. We're sorry about the delay. It's not a matter of us ignoring any particular problem; sometimes there are just difficult problems to solve.

Perfect timing I was just running out of popcorn
    5-10 people play in VR, ya that is naive if not veiled trolling. Sorry you're too poor but there's at least a quarter million VR users, not including mobile at this point. 5-10 people? It was a laughable comment.

I find that you saying basicly that people without VR can't afford VR is very rude and offensive. Many of the people such as my self don't have VR for a big simple fact. roughly 10% of all game being developed will have VR support. At a current price of $799 before taxes for a VR setup, well I can't bring myself to purchase that hardware for a single game I have that has a version with VR support.

As far as development I will point out an obvious flaw in your reasoning that steam and oculus home should get updated at the same time.

Steam = NO VR SUPPORT

Occulus home = All versions have VR support. (Yes I know it has a desktop mode but that doesn't remove all the code for the VR support)

In order for them to update both at same time they have to fix any residual bugs that are limited to VR issues, and make other platforms wait. By your standards if Oculus home doesn't get an update then no version should.

Since Steam version is the least amount of coding as it has no console restrictions and no VR then it only makes since that steam will get updates sooner than all other version.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited November 2016
    Insane wrote: »

Then can you kindly get rid of ALL negative posts please instead of just mine?
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I thought you could play the game in vr mode through steam? If I end up with a VR set will I need to re-purchase the game through the occulus store then?
    Ralij wrote: »
    I thought you could play the game in vr mode through steam? If I end up with a VR set will I need to re-purchase the game through the occulus store then?

No. Both the Occulus Home store and Steam have regular and VR modes. Something went wrong with the updated UWE sent to Occulus Home, so it was behind.