Guns

GlemishGlemish Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221085Members
This game is anti 2nd amendment. No guns allowed. How am I suppose to defend myself when I'm forced to take the stance of Ghandi.

Please don't ban my forums acct over this, ty.

Comments

• SneakySharkSneakyShark Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221739Members
    The whole point of the game is a peaceful survival world not a shoot'em up game. So the only "weapon" is the knife, the others are just crowd control tools.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Glemish wrote: »
    This game is anti 2nd amendment. No guns allowed. How am I suppose to defend myself when I'm forced to take the stance of Ghandi.

Not really. Stasis Rifle + knife should work if you must remove a predator, but if they're in stasis, there's plenty of time to get away, unless you really want / need them gone. Hmm. We should have flash-bangs to scare them off as well, come to think of it..
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Shame its not Civ V version of Gandhi...

Seriously though, look for the propulsion cannon and stasis rifle fragments, you'll get your gun. If you really just want something dead, accelerate to ramming speed!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Ralij wrote: »

No-one is safe from him. Not even Hitler.

• CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members

No-one is safe from him. Not even Hitler.

You should youtube, Hitler finds out about the new Tool album. I swear that's the best one.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm sad those hitler memes don't really work, when you understand the bastard :open_mouth:
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members

"F**k your guns, COD boi.™" -Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    (I'm half way convinced this thread was made as troll bait, but on the off chance it isn't....)

When I first played Subnautica many (many) months ago, I remember being disappointed as well at the lack of at least a spear gun to defend myself with.

However, after playing for a while (especially after getting back into the game earlier this month) I've found an actual rifle/pistol what have you is really not needed.

If you want ranged offense you can already harvest gasbag spores and use them with the propulsion gun as a makeshift grenade launcher to repel creatures (or outright kill biters) or simply upgrade the propulsion cannon to a repulsion cannon and you can launch sand sharks, (or whatever normal nasty that's irritating you) into low orbit with a single shot. (Or fire debris chunks or ore even chunks at creatures to inflict considerable damage.)

The Sea Moth gets an electrical field upgrade, and both the Sea Moth and Prawn Suit have torpedo launchers, so there's more than enough offensive punch to keep you safe in any environment if smart use of the Stasis rifle is not desired for whatever reason.

In short the lack of "guns" is a real selling point of Subnautica imho, and makes exploration a lot more fun and suspenseful when you can't simply pull out a fully automatic spear rifle and turn every would be threat into a pin cushion.

Give it a chance and you'll see the gameplay isn't about hunting/killing the hostile creatures you encounter, but more about survival and exploring an alien world and immersing yourself in a unique and refreshingly different experience than other run of the mill "survival games."

(And if you really do want a survival game with "guns" for whatever reason, check out Planetary Explorers, you can craft not only hand held weapons but also create your own vehicles with as much firepower as you feel like strapping onto them.)
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Traditional weapons really aren't needed, as Silveressa pointed out. There's nothing you can't accomplish with the current tools you're given, and there's hardly any reason to be killing the monsters anyway - you can't get any resources from killing them, so the only possible reason would be to thin out the threat from being in a specific area, and even that's hardly necessary since most threats are negated once you get the Seamoth and almost entirely removed when you have the Cyclops.

If you really feel that the need to kill everything in sight is that important to you, remember these words: "When in doubt, ram it with the Seamoth" Works on pretty much everything, though I would not recommend attempting this on the leviathans ;)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    If you really feel that the need to kill everything in sight is that important to you, remember these words: "When in doubt, ram it with the Seamoth" Works on pretty much everything, though I would not recommend attempting this on the leviathans ;)

If you are gunning for leviathans, though, I might reccomend my personal favorite strategy:
    l3ywl282dixd.jpg

If you are gunning for leviathans, though, I might reccomend my personal favorite strategy:
    l3ywl282dixd.jpg

Now this is a productive way of dealing with leviathans!

Who needs guns when you can pull out a grappling hook and hitch a ride on the monsters?
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited November 2016

l3ywl282dixd.jpg

Now this is a productive way of dealing with leviathans!

Who needs guns when you can pull out a grappling hook and hitch a ride on the monsters?

It is either a fast (if uncontrollable) method of transportation, or you can go all Bro-force and punch them in the face with your own, heavily armed and augmented fist! :sunglasses:

Who needs guns when you can do that!?
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    I would grapple them a little further away from there head to avoid going into the ground and to avoid damaging my stuff
    dexter397 wrote: »
    I would grapple them a little further away from there head to avoid going into the ground and to avoid damaging my stuff

Ah yes, how could I have possible made such a rookie mistake? :wink: Someone should make a guide on the proper Leviathan-riding methods!
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    This game is anti 2nd amendment.

I never knew the game was situated in 'Murica.
    Reefseeker wrote: »

*cue American Imperialism* It is NOW!
    xnle9stmfrlv.png

Do you have a flag, 4546B?
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members

It's election season... we get a bit irritable and jumpy this time every four years. Sorry.

It's election season... we get a bit irritable and jumpy this time every four years. Sorry.

4 Days to Armageddon! The countdown is on!
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    fuck you we want gun spam people
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Seems you're in for a dose of freedom there buddy :smiley:
    edited November 2016
    yoink you we want gun spam people

Blunt language aside, I agree that the amount of "Give us guns!" posts gets a bit tiring. If having a wealth of firearms and various weapons is really that important to these people, there are other games that have them. They can just go play one of those instead, since no amount of asking or complaining is going to get those weapons into this game too.
This discussion has been closed.