Give Early Access Feedback to the Dev Team

Comments

• Kingdolphin510Kingdolphin510 Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222242Members
    Not sure where exactly to leave this, but multiplayer in this game would be awesome. Also making it to where you could go into a waiting list and randomly get thrown in with someone else who plays. Anyways carry on lol this thought hit me while I am standing on top on my escape pod looking at my seamoth needing 2 more copper for the cyclops lol wishing I could send a friend on the mission to go find the copper ;-)

Don't know if you've seen this, but multiplayer has already been confirmed never to happen
  • oasxoasx Denmark Join Date: 2016-09-30 Member: 222718Members
    I recently started a new game since there has been 2-3 new content patches since I last played, overall I don't like the direction the game is going.

I like adding the Prawn, the expansion of things to explore in the Aurora, and just additional items in general.

The two main things I don't like : 1. Bonesharks being in literally every biome, part of the appeal of this game to me was that unlike most survival games it seemed more about exploring and less about killing the player. Now you are being punished for exploring before you have the seamoth.

2. Wrecks. Instead of a linear progression where you explore to find blueprints, every single part of the game now revolves around wrecks. Want to get in and out of the Aurora, you need a propulsion gun, and you can find that in a wreck. Blueprints for the moonpool? In a wreck. Want to get lower than 300 meters? You need to fabricate an upgrade, and the blueprints for the fabricator is in a wreck

I never really found wrecks that fun before, but at least they were mostly optional, but given that they are often deep underwater, and in areas surrounded by bonesharks, they have gone from being a less fun part of the game to being a chore.

I still get a lot of enjoyment out of the game, I just liked it better before.
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    edited October 2016
    i just had a thought for the devs, instead of deactivating the you-know-what, just take it off of autonomous mode, that way you don't have to worry about the power down effect
    (you know as a temporary measure)
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    How deep mushrooms (white) can sustain near Giant Tree (near Underground River, temperature +5) and in Lava zone (temperature +55) at the same time? With such surviveability it can conquer all the biomes.
  • JarekJarek Poland Join Date: 2016-10-03 Member: 222824Members
    Hi everybody!

Well, first of all I have started playing Subnautica just a few days ago, so I'm just starting and may not know many things that are very obvious for most of you. Also english is not my native language so please be forgiving :wink:

What is my general opinion, which is shared by some other players from what I've already seen, many creatures in the game want to kill you. Too many I guess. The thing is that we do not have any weapon except for the knife, which we can MAYBE use for killing SpongeBob :tongue:
    I can uderstand that this is yours (developers) idea for the game, but it also makes the player a little afraid of going anyway further from the rescue capsule that you start a game in. I understand that further in the game you build submarines etc. but at the beginning, when you have to collect the blueprints and swim on your own, you can be eaten by nearly everything :wink:

Sooo, getting to the point - I was thinking about adding some "tool" to the fabricator - let's call it Personal Protection Sphere
    I imagine this as something like force field or physical sphere that you can get inside in case of emergency. Naturally, when inside, you cannot move/swim, but it protects you from predators. When it's safe again, you deactivate it, hide it into your inventory and continue exploration. I was also thinkng about making it seal, so you could take a breath inside, maybe using some additional tool.

Please take my idea into serious consideration, because now, especially at the beginning, the game is like mix of survival and horror :tongue:

Oh, one more thing - you REALLY should add at least short description to every tool/equipment you can make in the fabricator. OK, it's obvious what knife or fins/flippers do, but lately I have fabricated some sh*t that is a mystery for me :lol:
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    I love the game so far and i hope to see oxygen last a bit longer but have normal oxygen be 30(without tanks)
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Now have over 100 hrs in the game and have had to do my first rebuild from update-caused probs. Because the cheats let me get back where was, it all worked out, and for the better.

Now have the Cyclops - and as the saying goes, having it "changes everything"! The Cyclops nav
    system needs major work. The biggest prob is with the cameras. As another commenter said, use the 5 hot-keys for camera access. And loose the HUD style view, and give us useful data across the bottom of the screen: depth beneath keel,depth,power stats,coordinates,compass heading, and maybe a condensed health status.

As soon as you enter pilot-mode, switch the hot-buttons, and enable cameras. Also on the cameras, I really don't get the need for the framing-grid and the cute red "record" LED. Let's jus get a clear uncluttered view! Since the Cyclops really can't be controlled usefully without camera views, just make that the default piloting mode and allow controll thru hot notions. Maybe the mouse scroll wheel could give a couple levels of zoom.

Above all - keep up the great work on this amazing game! Can't wait to see what goodies lie ahead.
  • VoilodionVoilodion Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223230Members
    Having been away for a while and now playing the Dangerous Creatures update, I will say that I hope the developers are now done adding content that we are explicitly and implicitly told to stay away from. "Here's a cool sea dragon we spent many hours modeling. It's huge and breathes fire, so if you see it, swim away." Okay, will do. Lots of gameplay hours added for me with that addition. "You know that cool area in the Grand Reef with resources, thermal vents, and access to even deeper zones? Well, the crabsquid lives there and can now short-circuit all your structures and vehicles, so don't build seabases there." Got it, glad to have fewer interesting areas to build in.

Yes, that's sarcasm. What a waste. Really, this seems like basic common sense: Adding challenges to a survival game is fine, if you also add tools or options for handling those challenges. How long have people been suggesting perimeter defense systems for bases? Challenges with answers improve and extend gameplay. Challenges that just get avoided reduce it.

Here's my suggestion: Base Perimeter Defense Pylon. Power Transmitter + Seamoth Perimeter Defense Upgrade + Computer Chip. Place a bunch around your base, & they automatically shock fauna that come too close. Easy to develop, uses pre-existing game items. Expensive in game resources if you have a large base, so that's an effective balance.

Also: EMP Shielding Upgrade for Seamoth/Prawn/Cyclops. Gives more reason to collect lead. Cheap to make, but takes up an upgrade slot. Do you use a slot to just deal with one creature? Maybe, if you want to spend a lot of time in its territory. Good tactical choice to make there. (And EMP shielding exists for electronics on Earth, today.)

I'm really enjoying the game overall, but the whole "you shall not become a predator" philosophy seems really inconsistently applied and very contrived. I'm fine with not being able to exterminate whole ecosystems, but I'm playing a person who is trying to survive just as desperately as any other organism in the ocean. I have futuristic technology and can build a suit capable of punching a sandshark to death or a device for repulsing other creatures at deadly velocities, but I can't jury-rig a basic speargun? I can make a defensive shock blast for my submersible, but not a stationary version? Come on.

Oh, and for god's sake, please please please add in-game mapping. The Seaglide and the Scanner Room can ALREADY do it. Make us go back and forth over all the terrain to create the map, but let us create maps so everyone doesn't have to use out-of-game maps and bring up the F1 console panel to see where they are.

I wouldn't post all this if I didn't really like the game overall and hope that it will continue to improve. Thanks.
  • PattersonPatterson Germany Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214179Members
    things i do like :
    • Grafic
    • sound
    • Music
    • Gameplay, find stuff and build and survive
    • Story
    • ready to use radiation - diving suit parts near some of the not so succesful lifepods
    • Signs and stores with lettering functions
    Things i don´t like
    • control system of the cyclop - it should work more like the one that is used with the seamoth
    • new amount of energie gained with the bioreactor ( a reactor that needs the large, round multi-room first, to be build ...of course )
    • If i need to check up with a WIKI of the game to get the idea WHERE some of the missing parts a hiding

Things that pi** ** ***, really !
    • the lifepod drift-a-way bug - it must be a bug, because the only working and repaired lifepod on the whole planet gets light-like dissapearing speed, the same moment you construct a fabricator inside a base, - while the turned-over wrecked one near the Aurora holds position like a nail.
    • the way the fragments are now shatterd in biomes far far away ....and hidden in wreckspots. Ok some are outside, but with "some" only you will have no blueprint. So lets get inside.... Example ? To get the last part of a blueprint of a water filtration device i needed to cut through a door in 200 m depht - with a cutter, that needs a Diamond inside to be build first...wich has been lootable near a underwater-wall by an Island, where biters and bleeders party all day long...it would be of course more easier with a seamoth or a cyclop sub, but the fragments needed to glue a mobile vehicle bay together are ... gone. ...Or hidden as good as a white egg in the snow. So simple stay alive with an inventory full of O2 - tanks ...and some batteries ....or build a pipeline with airpipes - three days or a week or so.
    • And now, while i still have no mobile vehicle bay YOU spawn new Monsters in the KELP Forest, just because I build a propulsion gun ? - You don´t want to know how much i do not like that I ´m going to expect some reapers in the safe shallows, when the PRAWN ist ready..again.

The game is challenging enough , there must not be a more and more AND MORE danger-thrill in the small and early biomes
    I would like to search some shark-teeth without some reapers hunting for Seamoths in the Kelp forest ( Ok , that has been in the version before - this time i have not that much progress because of the merry easter ´n search festival )

I hope I could make myself understandable
  • przybysz86przybysz86 Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223387Members
    edited October 2016
    Hi all, I think I've finally played game long enough to give some preliminary feedback.

I really like the game - it made me update my rig: with 8G of RAM it was constantly choking on loading. We will see how it deals with 16G later today.

From things that I think would require some looking into:
    -no crush depth for diver.
    -no pressurized tanks: it can be done as with battery + battery charger, we can have O2 bottle and O2 compressor with slot for 1-2 bottles filled over time. It should give you much longer dive time (10 mins from one tank for example) but would require you to return to base or at least Cyclops to refill. Availability of compressor fragments can determine how early into game player would be able to use those bottle (they should be built empty)
    -when I build room/corridor/etc that is partially in water I have water inside my base. It's not doing anything bad but it's little oversight that impacts the whole impression :)

I think those are main "deficits" in game mechanics right now but options for improvement are plentiful. I really love work so far and I hope it will stay that way.
  • ookasmcplookusookasmcplookus Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223300Members
    Hey, I hadn't really checked the general forums until recently so first time looking at this thread.

Firstly thanks for all the effort you guys are putting into the game and for being super transparent with the development process. If you want to go through my suggestions they are here. It's a long read , but I tried to put an effort into considering as many aspects of the game as I could and ways they could be enhanced / given extra depth with either the addition of new features or tweaking of current ones. I've tried not to go overboard on adding things that don't already in some way exist, hoping that it would make the suggestions easier to implement, but I wouldn't really know if that's been achieved or not.

Again thanks for the game and the continued updates, I look forward for what's to come.
  • SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
    I think it would be so wickedly aweso.e if the planet had sentient aliens.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Can we adjust field of view yet? I'm still waiting to purchase this title but cannot until I know there's a FOV slider in either a config or the game itself. I literally cannot play the game until that option is in cause I suffer from some stupid motion sickness. please lmk
  • werner513werner513 Belgium Join Date: 2016-12-17 Member: 225056Members
    hello there ,

i bought subnautica because it looked like a cool game to play in VR.
    but there's a little problem , i can only use mouse and keyboard or a gamepad (wich i do not have).
    the game looks incredible in VR but i can not use my mouse and keyboard while wearing my VR (Obvious) because i can not see what i'm doing!
    is there any way you guys can add the htc-vive controllers to the list so i can actually play the game it was ment to be?
    thanks in advance!
    a VR fan ;)
  • romilomiromilomi deutschland Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225351Members
    can the game get a 2.4 ghz and a worser graficcard update became than i cant Play that game then my pc is to bad
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    Great job on the game so far devs B)
  • TurielDTurielD Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226185Members
    The [incredibly dangerous lava-based creatoid] seems too easily disabled by the Stasis riffle. Perhaps a reduced effect?
  • DuralootDuraloot Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226612Members
    Dear Devs,
    Your game is amazing but i have a few questions,
    1.how on earth did the precursors manage to escape the planet if they built a gun that shoots down ships?
    2.if they didn't escape where are their ships?
    3.if they did escape where did they go?
    4.how did the activate the gun if they did escape?
    5.why did they leave? they didn't get infected! Did they?
    6.what does the infection do?
    7.is there more than one gun on the island?
    8.if yes cool! if no then could you not escape by flying away on the other side of the island!
    9.are the warpers the precursors because the are immune to the virus?
    thanks Duraloot!
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    edited January 2017
    Duraloot wrote: »
    1.how on earth did the precursors manage to escape the planet if they built a gun that shoots down ships?

If they built the gun themselves before leaving the planet, then logically they would able to either set their ships as friendlies in the guns IFF program, or if it shot down everything, only armed it after they were safely off planet.
  • DuralootDuraloot Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226612Members
  • raven0akraven0ak finalnd Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211425Members
    on experimental, bit displeased how near dangerous kelp forests pod landed (from previous saves where it got somewhat nearer only safe kelp forest) but very pleased how easy acquiring seamoth was, although felt odd to get both mobile bay and seamoth completed before finding any seaglide fragments:)
  • DripdryDripdry Georgia Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226041Members
    hi,
    have been playing for a couple weeks and have some feedback after reading some other users' suggestions. Loving this game like crazy!

idea-First, I like the snarky computer and think it adds tons of character to the game. If you're going to have more tutorial (and you really should, this game can be a little intimidating to some people for sure) then use that computer. It's a fun way to 1) not feel so lonely in the game and more importantly 2) introduce the cool features of the game. Think of it as part of the user interface. Obviously, keeping some mystery is good and helps keep the player from just walking through the game, but having color commentary is at least fun if not always helpful.

idea-Collect / research more from various biomes/flora/fauna: insulation from arctic or lava biome, base lights research/bioluminescence from Blood Kelp or Jelly Shroom Caves, maybe resource use/gathering efficiency from the Sea Treaders (??), or oxygen efficiency/generation from the Brain Coral in safe shallows; maybe you get better and better stuff the farther into the game it goes (creepseed brings bioluminescence, then JellyShroom upgrade, then something else). Basically, allow flora, fauna, and biomes to be subjects of research worth investigating for the player, and full of as many interesting secrets and surprises as possible. Make people want to stay in the world, and always think there might be something new and exciting around the corner. That includes flora/fauna behavior/ecology as well as knowledge gained by the player to advance the game and just interesting stuff (not everything has to advance the game).

idea-Solar panels seem a bit overpowered. If you don't allow them to store energy, you have an opportunity: Allow the player to build a Power Storage (upgradeable?) of some kind that would be a stepping stone to the moonpool and other high energy cost activities (floodlights at night, base defense at night, whatever). The Cyclops has power storage, the Lifepods do, why not the base? Not a rhetorical question, if there's a good reason for it then so be it. Maybe the power storage is an upgrade/modification to the battery or powercell charger, for instance.

idea-Shellfish would be great. basically, additional sea-life is wonderful, and more variety might be a nice addition.

bug-Please get the performance nailed. The system crashes on me after about 2 full days of playtime saved, and it says to submit crashes to the devs but putting a google docs link and all that nonsense is frustrating. Can we just email you the files with a description of whatever else you need?

idea-Personally? I think the DNA/serum idea is not great (sorry). It doesn't enhance the game in any way, I'd much rather see a new biome or many more creatures, or fleshing out currently-implemented ideas than be able to swim a little faster or whatever, especially since this game isn't based on competition, but survival.

comment-I think keeping weapons out of the game is smart.

comment-I love the Abyss idea: one endgame could definitely be building down farther and farther, exploring more and more; this could be a really awesome progression if a mystery is kept up.

comment-I deeply appreciate your focus on keeping it a player story, not a developer story. That alone tells me you guys are a great dev team, thanks for not insulting us and allowing us to have a little bit of our own (organic) adventure!

bug-Base integrity: I don't know what's up, but even with a super high integrity my base falls apart bit by bit still. I don't see why bases need to inherently take damage in the safe shallows; seems to me that everything there would never be able to hurt it.

comment-I hope the cyclops expands as a base of operations, and it gets an upgrade for the control interface; it felt amazing to have that thing plop into the water... I'm juiced to be the next extra-terrestrial Jacques Cousteau!!

idea-Consider having more items for crafting in the game. There aren't many uses for some materials. If this is intentional as a design decision I think I can see where you're coming from, but it might be neat to have a reason to gather more of certain materials (salt, gold, lead come to mind)

idea-More base module types? Or styles? As we move farther into the game it might be cool to have stuff that looks different, or functions slightly differently for different biomes.

sorry if this is the wrong place for such a long post, I'll gladly move it as necessary.

Thanks!
  • HenryHingstHenryHingst Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226783Members
    Is Subnautica an online only game? I'm asking if you can play it without any kind of internet connection at all. I have no internet access at home and bought the game a few days ago but it won't load it's just stuck on the opening screen.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    Is Subnautica an online only game? I'm asking if you can play it without any kind of internet connection at all. I have no internet access at home and bought the game a few days ago but it won't load it's just stuck on the opening screen.

You can play it with steam in offline mode without any difficulties. (beyond the current plethora of bugs already in the game anyway.)

Did you install it somewhere else with an internet connection? If so then you may need to fully boot it up once with a active internet connection to finalize the install before you can play it in offline mode.
  • GimboidGimboid France Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214956Members
    Hey Guys, some general feedback:

Balance
    The change from constantly needing food/water to being 100% easily self sufficient is a bit too drastic. Breeding and Plant growing should occur much much slower. At current, a single outdoor grow-bed with Marblemelons can keep the player infinitely fed. A pair of filtration machines can also provide infinite water for what feels like very little cost.
    • Drastically slow down edible plant growth
    • greatly reduce captive breeding speeds
    • Water Filtration machine should be significantly more complex to craft (Fiber Mesh, Lubricant, computer chips etc)

Water Filtration machines and other equipment should require maintenance. At the moment you can build a few thermal generators and your base is perpetually perfect. Thermal generators as an example working under extreme heat should break down over time, require being repaired by the player.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Gimboid wrote: »
    Hey Guys, some general feedback:

Balance
    The change from constantly needing food/water to being 100% easily self sufficient is a bit too drastic. Breeding and Plant growing should occur much much slower. At current, a single outdoor grow-bed with Marblemelons can keep the player infinitely fed. A pair of filtration machines can also provide infinite water for what feels like very little cost.
    • Drastically slow down edible plant growth
    • greatly reduce captive breeding speeds
    • Water Filtration machine should be significantly more complex to craft (Fiber Mesh, Lubricant, computer chips etc)

Water Filtration machines and other equipment should require maintenance. At the moment you can build a few thermal generators and your base is perpetually perfect. Thermal generators as an example working under extreme heat should break down over time, require being repaired by the player.

Disagree, except on a separate, optional "hardcore survival mode" of some sort. Everything gets easy once you know what you're doing, but bootstrapping from a single fabricator to a base without extra knowledge is enough of a challenge. Also, I don't like busywork repairing.
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    edited April 2017
    I wanted to weigh in on oxygen mechanics as someone who has done recreational diving. Subnautica is a game about exploring however the current state of oxygen mechanics makes early game exploration obnoxious. The issue is that the rate of oxygen consumption does not appear to properly scale with depth for example in the shallows a single standard sized tank would realistically last last about an hour where the time would decrease significantly past the 50M point however you would still be able to get several minutes of dive time instead of the ridiculously short duration were seeing here.

Additionally for longer duration dives additional tanks would not be stored in the player inventory but rather strapped together on the characters back I would say that a diver could comfortably fit about 3 standard sized tanks on their back before extra tanks would start to take up inventory space. At deeper depths where the player is using a re breather system the tank configurations would have to include additional gasses.

Basically I would suggest giving the player 3 equipment slots for tanks to allow longer duration dives without sacrificing inventory because it really doesn't make sense the way tanks are stored in the player inventory and somehow magically provide air when not equipped. Having multiple equip slots for tanks also allows the exploration of advanced gas mixtures later in the game
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited April 2017
    mikeloeven wrote: »
    I wanted to weigh in on oxygen mechanics as someone who has done recreational diving. Subnautica is a game about exploring however the current state of oxygen mechanics makes early game exploration obnoxious. The issue is that the rate of oxygen consumption does not appear to properly scale with depth for example in the shallows a single standard sized tank would realistically last last about an hour where the time would decrease significantly past the 50M point however you would still be able to get several minutes of dive time instead of the ridiculously short duration were seeing here.

Additionally for longer duration dives additional tanks would not be stored in the player inventory but rather strapped together on the characters back I would say that a diver could comfortably fit about 3 standard sized tanks on their back before extra tanks would start to take up inventory space. At deeper depths where the player is using a re breather system the tank configurations would have to include additional gasses.

Basically I would suggest giving the player 3 equipment slots for tanks to allow longer duration dives without sacrificing inventory because it really doesn't make sense the way tanks are stored in the player inventory and somehow magically provide air when not equipped. Having multiple equip slots for tanks also allows the exploration of advanced gas mixtures later in the game
    mikeloeven wrote: »

I think if the Dev's were going for a "realistic" approach, your whole suggestion would be right on the money.

But since it's obvious that They are going at this from more of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy approach, all of that would probably tend to put more of a burden on the actual game play that They have created so far.

It seems, that They really want to have the player take on the game more as an enjoyment, rather than a task.

Perhaps down the road They may create another more difficult mode above HARDCORE that would include the interesting ideas about gas mixtures and such.

B)
    edited April 2017
    The gas mixture thing was only a side note my primary suggestion there were more equipment slots for tanks so that you can keep extra tanks on your back strapped together without wasting inventory space. supposedly there is a capacity upgrade for tanks however it is rather small and I have yet to actually find the item modification station. Its kinda like to find this stuff you must go deeper to go deeper you need more oxygen :/ To be honest if they implemented stacking for items of the same type or reduced all items to one slot than this really would not be an issue however with the current state of the game's inventory management there is kinda a problem here. But first and formost you said that the devs wanted the game to be more about exploration and to do that you need to make oxygen tanks easier to manage.
    edited April 2017
    Here is a good example of the inventory problem take food items. a Fish and a Lantern fruit when seen in game appear to be visually the same size yet magically the fruit takes 4 spaces and the fish takes one

you can see a lantern tree growing next to a fish tank and the fruits and fish seem to be roughly the same size
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907107436