MORE Explorable Aurora?

awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
edited August 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I think the Aurora is not have enough inside.... Its stupid but I think it needs more. There is a hanger looking place at the back of the ship and exploring that would be cool. I bet the medical bay would have stuff to scan. What's that I hear? The ending will involve a rocket ship. (look at trello) The hanger would be a good place to scan stuff. There is a lot more opportunity inside the Aurora waiting to be added. So what do you think? Should the aurora hove more to it?

Comments

• SatadorosSatadoros Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217833Members
    the AI-Core is or a sci-lab would be nice.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    The Cafeteria, where we can have some proper human-food for once, like cake and cookies.
  • Canek2317dCanek2317d Russia Join Date: 2016-06-17 Member: 218696Members
    Make rooms in Aurora: Mission Control Center , with a huge screen , which will DRAWINGS Aurora and her steering wheel so that you can download from there drawing and authors to fix it . A milestone on the where to make the radio room . Where else do the hangar to repair military aircraft means that you can fix it ..
    We need to do the hangars in Aurora for a smaller space transport of three types: military, transport and repair (do transport ship a little more than a military or repair). In which it will be possible to fly in the atmosphere. But before that we will need to restore them: the power supply, drives the hangar doors, hangars force field (to be able to fly in them as in Star Wars), hallways, paneling. And then in these hangars can modify the aircraft to a repair or military. You can also enter the mine which will produce titanium or silver. The photo indicated the location of the hangars.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Canek2317d wrote: »
    We need to do the hangars in Aurora for a smaller space transport of three types: military, transport and repair (do transport ship a little more than a military or repair). In which it will be possible to fly in the atmosphere. But before that we will need to restore them: the power supply, drives the hangar doors, hangars force field (to be able to fly in them as in Star Wars), hallways, paneling. And then in these hangars can modify the aircraft to a repair or military. You can also enter the mine which will produce titanium or silver. The photo indicated the location of the hangars.

If we did have a hanger I would think all the ships would be destroyed beyond repair. But maybe we could board a dropship or two for rocket parts (confirmed ending). What would be cool is if the hanger is important (SPOILERS AHEAD)
    for the Sunbeam landing site. Seeing the gun swivel around and blow up the Sunbeam to rest in the scrapyard behind the Aurora. They are a trading vessel so my guess is that they would be small enough to fit in the Aurora back hanger. We would just have to clear out ships and other things.
  • logician93logician93 Netherlands Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221931Members
    One of my favorite parts of the game is heading into the aurora to explore and scavenge, so yes, more to explore please!
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    We need to be able to visit the bridge. Even if we have to scour around the ocean floor to find it I will do it. Maybe there could be a massive data download of that would tell you more about the mission. Just a thought I had.
  • NecromNecrom The Grave Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215444Members
    To be able to explore more would be great, but it would show some things we most likely wouldn't want to see. The crew and passengers number over a hundred. Which begs the question, where are they? If anything can survive in the aurora after the explosion, where are the bodies? Or skeletons even? A few will have escaped in other life pods, but died on impact. Just saying, it could be an epic and shocking moment when you find whatever aliens on the planet, and they all have armor decorated with human bones.
  • jw137279jw137279 truro cornwall uk Join Date: 2016-09-04 Member: 222054Members
    How about a bay where the lifepods used to be and have one damaged one still in its cradle
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Why? The Aurora is primarily a pile of twisted burning metal now. I don't feel any pressing need to see the mangled charred corpses of the Aurora crew members.

...Now that I think about it, the engine might be capable of atmospheric stuff, right? Hmm.
  • Claire_CosmiqueClaire_Cosmique France Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218361Members
    I wish, indeed, visit the aurora more info ... and exploit it.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I wish, indeed, visit the aurora more info ... and exploit it.

I think it would make sense to use Aurora mass to build the rocket. It's reasonably close to safe shallows, which is where you'd probably do it anyway. There's obviously plenty of mass there, even if MOST of it is twisted metal.

So, the player:
    • Sets up a big, expensive, stationary, long-range tool that shoots out a beam at the Aurora
    • Builds a mass-transport system almost exactly like the power transfer beams. Hell, some of the code might even repurpose easily.
    • Builds a rocket-construction-construction device.

Then, this creates a device that starts building the massive launch pad. Once that's done, the transfer beam switches over to the pad, and starts building the rocket.

The player gets whatever special material it needs for a power core, or other special materials it can't get from ripping apart the Aurora. No model changes are necessary, the Aurora is BIG, they can just say it's pulling from the smashed innards.
    AWESOMEGUY101 But tools that can be turned off, and imagine how it would be cool to fly on a rocket and not on Aurora or a spacecraft. Where did you get idёyu about rockets? Technologies have reached intergalactic ships, missiles already past antediluvian weapons ship is much better ...
    edited September 2016
    Make Aurora recovery as one of the branches of the script. This is really interesting to do, and it makes sense to climb over all sorts of materials through the caves. At the end of the corral recovery may be to pump out water and seal the holes and level the ship ... It's much more interesting scenario. And all this can be done in the command room in front of a big screen .. Damn this ship should have a big screen, where a lot of function keys and systems into any game this is not !!! There should be a wheel. That any one game does not make a (.
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    All these ideas are great, and it would be cool to have the areas gated with a type of gear check. Initially just the fire extinguisher is needed, then the cutting torch, then the propulsion cannon and finally a section that requires the PRAWN suit with the drill arm. That way you'd be encouraged to make the trip multiple times as you obtain new blueprints/information. I really like EvilSmoo's idea about using the Aurora for end-game mats, in a sense, cleaning up the mess that was made.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    Why? The Aurora is primarily a pile of twisted burning metal now. I don't feel any pressing need to see the mangled charred corpses of the Aurora crew members.

...Now that I think about it, the engine might be capable of atmospheric stuff, right? Hmm.

We aren't going to see any corpses. It's a PG game, not space NCIS.
    we aren't going to see the aurora take off either. We have the new rocket for that.

• Cruster_GamingsCruster_Gamings USA Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220926Members
    I think there is enough in the Aurora. There may be more room to add more but going into the Aurora gives you access to enough OP stuff as is and I feel adding more would be pushing it.
    edited October 2016
    AWESOMEGUY101 I think many people will be interested to overhaul ... will make Aurora the vote.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Put this in there somewhere:
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Map (if acquired from the Internets and not in-game) breaks immersion. But, what if the map was downloadable from the Aurora, from a black box room buried inside or something (let's say there were several redundant black box rooms throughout the Aurora, and one survived with minimal damage, allowing the player to recover a brief overview scan of the crash area that the Aurora managed to sweep quickly on the way down. I mean, if (more of) the crew had survived, this information would have proved invaluable, so it makes sense for the AI to prioritize a few microseconds to glance at where it was headed after de-orbit..

The map I was talking about:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/425944999618096538/AC971AF19D47F7AB6B6F14F86DA56AC635629FFD/

Maybe (if you feel like decreasing difficulty) have the map be the only thing recoverable from the Aurora without the propulsion gun? (But have it still require repair welder and/or laser cutter)

EDIT: You could even remove the specific resource areas, and just have an in-general overview, as the orbital scan wouldn't have specific locations. Also, obviously the map shouldn't have technology pickup locations that were created in the secondary explosion of the Aurora. So more of just the different zones, the islands and what you can probably find in those zones (no teleport locations obviously).

• CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    How about a larger room for information. We should be able to find more about the planet, and who the Degasi survivors were from in the ship, rather than from our own, and their PDAs. And WHO IN THE WORLD is the main character? I understand if there is going to be no characterization but what the player gives, but who was the character? An engineer? A PRAWN pilot? Why do we survive so well?
  • BranjomanBranjoman Join Date: 2016-09-28 Member: 222682Members
    Just to add, I think the main drive core should be moved and made larger, because if you use freecam to see the Aurora layout, the main drive core is quite small and near the hull of the ship, which makes no sense whatsoever.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    I personally love the idea of finding a map in the aurora,
    Heck find fragments of it around the Aurora and the map!
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I am so disappointed in the way the Aurora is used. It is a MASSIVE ship. Apparently sections right next to the surface have important rooms and hallways in them, according to the wrecks.

I kind of imagined a gigantic room in the middle, with the phasegate components ready to be deployed, and all the hallways around that with big windows looking in (maybe flooded with a Reaper Leviathan swimming around). I want to have to walk a lot to get from place to place. The bridge should be up top, and the drive room should be much bigger, and at least in the back of the ship. I want giant scisms within the ship that I have to use the PRAWN grappling arm to swing from broken catwalks to reach the other side. How can you deploy a Seamoth and a PRAWN from the center of the ship? Nothing about the way the ship is makes any sense. There's enough space to design the inside how you want it, and then set the model inside the shell of the ship, with just a few openings. I hope the Aurora gets redone.