UPDATE ALMOST HERE!! COUNTDOWNS INTENSEFYING!!!

awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS A COUNTDOWN OHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Awps_R_BandAwps_R_Band Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221481Members
    Looks like I re-installed just in time B)
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    He made a post cause its EXCITING AS HECK!!!
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    edited August 2016
    uh...... not to hate, but why did you make a forum post about this? <.<

Probably because since the start of subnautica this is the biggest update yet (i think)
    and people want to talk about it :)

EDIT: Only 3 days now
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    edited August 2016
    Really ???
    Where do you see the date of the update ?? :)

Oops...Just find it in the trello
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    I hate to be that guy but the devs aren't known to be very exact with the release dates and Obraxis has already alluded to that the update will take a few days more than they anticipated.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    They did say that it was locked in for the coming week, but anything can happen, so patience is necessary, you don't want to end up like this guy at the end:

(read the first guys sentence as 'we all have three more days of delay') :tongue:
    ^ Just reusing a joke, all credit to @Enderguy059
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We signed off on the update (3AM my time) this morning. Will be released early next week.
    Woo!
    Game said my save game is outdated but don't find any big update this morning (experimental).
    I miss something ?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Waterfall wrote: »
    Game said my save game is outdated but don't find any big update this morning (experimental).
    I miss something ?

Experimental is updated daily. It gets EVERYTHING in our next update, because it's our Live development build. Very buggy mess until near patch date, as this is what we're working on.

Steam regular version (Stable) gets updates once a month (on average). This is the update we're talking about.

In short, if you want to experience the updates in nice big stable releases, don't switch to experimental.
  • jrose78jrose78 MA Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221437Members
    I miss something ?

Experimental is updated daily. It gets EVERYTHING in our next update, because it's our Live development build. Very buggy mess until near patch date, as this is what we're working on.

Steam regular version (Stable) gets updates once a month (on average). This is the update we're talking about.

In short, if you want to experience the updates in nice big stable releases, don't switch to experimental.

I don't mean to be rude but what you just said makes no sense to me. Can you clarify? If experimental is daily and stable is monthly then the daily has been up to date the whole time. Why would the saves be no good? and just to stop the possible knee jerk reaction. I know in experimental I will lose my saves and I have not one bit of an issue with that. Thanks
    edited August 2016
    You get the warning if the map data changes. This will happen much more often in experimental than in stable. If the game has newer map data than your save, then you can still play it but it will use the map from your save, not the game -- which means you'll be missing some new content.

When the stable update does hit, everyone in current stable will get the same warning. Those playing experimental will have had the warning many times over the same period.

Short version: play stable if you want updates roughly once a month which are relatively bug-free. Play experimental if you want daily (or even more frequent) updates which are a preview of things to come but might explode and burn down your submarines at any given moment.
  • jrose78jrose78 MA Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221437Members
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that stable versions would lose saves too when there is an update. As for the submarines exploding and burning down I have to say I have bumped and slammed my cyclops into every rock and underwater beast I could and that thing runs like a champ. I almost wish they would make it a little more sensitive, but I digress :-) .
  • tokamstokams Las Maliborski Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221370Members
    edited August 2016
    Nice, I will also have some more time next weekend, turned out good timing for me. I don't care if old saves would work, I would star over anyway, the whole point of the game would be lost for me if you have your base and everything. My only question is why are the saves so big? Are devs working on that maybe?
    tokams wrote: »
    My only question is why are the saves so big? Are devs working on that maybe?

That because the terrain is terraformable. You can dig up the sand and can even destroy rock by ramming into it with the seamoth. All potential changes need to be saved, so that's where the size comes from.
    They are indeed working on that. Terraforming will be completely removed in the future, mostly for performance issues (loading times, stuff popping in, stuttering,...).
  • tokamstokams Las Maliborski Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221370Members
    edited August 2016
    Terrazin wrote: »
    That because the terrain is terraformable.
    I knew you can dig sand but not terraform, my save is still quite big even though i didnt terraform much except making a base. It would be fine for me if they removed it. I've seen post that terraformer is being removed next update is that true anyone knows?

edited August 2016
    It's currently scheduled for the September update.
    If terraforming is removed (terraformer already removed in experimental but terrain deformation not already), will the map load faster ? I want to say less lag when you move.
    If terraforming is removed (terraformer already removed in experimental but terrain deformation not already), will the map load faster ? I want to say less lag when you move.

Yes.
  • fierybonesfierybones Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216190Members
    in three days i am going to cedar point dang
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I miss something ?

Never did. I like to play the portion of the game that's nearly done instead of dealing with bugs. After all, it's not the Spaceballs that are making the game (The Spaceballs and their Instant Video Cassettes... which come out before the movie is finished)...
    When will then be now? Soon.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    2 DAYS MAN!!!!

I dreamed about the precursor gun last night. I was on the mountain island and I punched in my garage door code to open a door and there was a keypad that turned off he planet?!?
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    edited August 2016
    Mirality wrote: »

Well... at least our logic circuits didn't fry like Dark Helmet's did when he went through that scene.

Though I bet some players would love to just go into Steam and find the update right there.

Starts at 1:30 unless you want to watch the entire clip. :)

And now I'm curious... do the Devs have a Mr. Coffee in their office? And will we end up getting one that works for our sea base?

Hope they won't delay the update :|
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I am so excited I am checking the homepage and trello every 30 minutes at work. :D
  • JasonV16JasonV16 Indonesia Join Date: 2016-07-22 Member: 220560Members
    OH MY GOD WE ARE SOOOOO CLOSE *HEAD EXPLODES*