The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    yeah 350mb this morning...anyone figured out what is new yet? The last bigger update had 180mb and did not add a lot of visible things, so it might be just background or spawnable stuff.

Maybe you should check out an area you've been to before.... ;)

I'm calling witchcraft on this one. Last time I checked it, it was gone, and now it's back and bigger. :D
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    yeah 350mb this morning...anyone figured out what is new yet? The last bigger update had 180mb and did not add a lot of visible things, so it might be just background or spawnable stuff.

Right, back into the game I go then xD

To the Aurorrraaaa!
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    edited August 2016
    The Aurora is NOW MASSIVE. I just checked it out myself and can confirm that the new rooms are in. They seem to be mostly finished with a few bugs and also there are some flooded and dry areas on the Aurora. There are the living quarters, seamoth launch bay, drivecore room, office, cargo room and the Robotics room (the Exo room! - it's like a factory!). Sorry for bad grammar, in a rush to type this. I suggest go checking it out, there are heaps of PDAs and bring a heap of fire extinguishers. It is pretty damn cool!
    Now, stop reading and go see it for yourself :P

Great work Devs! Appreciate it and a huge thanks from me and (I'm sure) from the rest of the community too :D
    edited August 2016
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    The Aurora is NOW MASSIVE. I just checked it out myself and can confirm that the new rooms are in. They seem to be mostly finished with a few bugs and also there are some flooded and dry areas on the Aurora. There are the living quarters, seamoth launch bay, drivecore room, office, cargo room and the Robotics room (the Exo room! - it's like a factory!). Sorry for bad grammar, in a rush to type this. I suggest go checking it out, there are heaps of PDAs and bring a heap of fire extinguishers. It is pretty damn cool!

Great work Devs! Appreciate it and a huge thanks from me and (I'm sure) from the rest of the community too :D

Yeah I noticed a few doors that I had to open multiple times before it finally let me in xD
    I had to go around the long and dangerous route to access the Office, since the "easy shortcut way" that we all know and love has an access-code blocked door separating it. The Seamoth Room I can't get into at all. I weld the thing, open five doors, and then the last one just.... Can't be opened?

Lovely work, absolutely lovely! And it's good to see the Fire Extinguisher getting some use as well.

Ooh, and the Exosuit's new and improved recipie:
    Aerogel x2
    Plasteel Ingot x2
    Polyaniline x2
    Lubricant x2

Sounds like it'll be some fun making this thing!

I found a Nutrient Block in one of the crates, and it was using a Power Cell's model?? Unintentional I imagine XD
    Rezca wrote: »

Yeah I noticed a few doors that I had to open multiple times before it finally let me in xD
    I had to go around the long and dangerous route to access the Office, since the "easy shortcut way" that we all know and love has an access-code blocked door separating it. The Seamoth Room I can't get into at all. I weld the thing, open five doors, and then the last one just.... Can't be opened?

Lovely work, absolutely lovely! And it's good to see the Fire Extinguisher getting some use as well.

Ooh, and the Exosuit's new and improved recipie:
    Aerogel x2
    Plasteel Ingot x2
    Polyaniline x2
    Lubricant x2

Sounds like it'll be some fun making this thing!

I found a Nutrient Block in one of the crates, and it was using a Power Cell's model?? Unintentional I imagine XD

Good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing those bugs, oh and also, were you able to get into the living quarters on foot? I couldn't figure out how :?
    edited August 2016

Good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing those bugs, oh and also, were you able to get into the living quarters on foot? I couldn't figure out how :?

I wasn't able to get into the locked rooms there. The security code from the Office doesn't work on either of them, and I tried putting in the birthday dates also provided, and they didn't work either. So there's either some other key hiding around elsewhere, or they're not meant to be opened just yet. There's a "missing PDA entry" I picked up at some point, there's always the chance it could be hidden in that... Though I sort of doubt it.

4qhvdxoctas9.jpg

For everyone else, this is how you'll need to access the Office, since you're unable to reach it through the Reactor Entrance aka the safe reaper-less entrance.
    92bv2owsyjrp.jpg

Ooooh, the Communications Relay provides signals to the crashed lifepods now!! I only just found that out while decorating my base.
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    edited August 2016
    Rezca wrote: »

Nah, Its just packed with energy!
    Hah, packed with energy xD
    Something screwy happened with your Quote chain there though, @TheLordEternal ^^
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Yeah i know, Don't know why though.
    Yeah i know, Don't know why though.

Ah it's fine - was still able to read your witty and humorous comment ^^
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Pardon me Obraxis was what your talking about a small patch? I played today saw it was quieter all the things i cooked in the past were there the animals stayed not vanished at all and the ores they stayed o.o i was trippin out ^^
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

Alright then "Obraxis Prime" :wink:
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    From here on out, @Obraxis will be known as The mighty Obraxis Prime!

Will he also get an Arch-Ennemy as well? I vote for MegaSquealLikeAPig! :smiley:
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    the sunbeams mesage is diffrent now...
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members

it gives you fire extinguishers at the entrances

it gives you fire extinguishers at the entrances

Fire extinguisher barely lasts at all. Just a few seconds, Aaaaand they're gone. It would be much better if you could also refill them at those fire-station you find them at, Even if just for a limited amount of times.
  • CassadoreCassadore Germany Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211446Members
    This might be interesting:
    In the "Double check basic creature animations" card is a list of all creatures. The Rock puncher is on the list and two new subspecies of the Cave crawler are mentioned, the Cave crawler 2 (pink) and the Shuttle crawler.
    edited August 2016
    Cassadore wrote: »
    This might be interesting:
    In the "Double check basic creature animations" card is a list of all creatures. The Rock puncher is on the list and two new subspecies of the Cave crawler are mentioned, the Cave crawler 2 (pink) and the Shuttle crawler.

There was also talk about increasing the Moonpool's "auto-terraforming" to make room for the Exosuit. Which I find odd, if they're intending to remove terrain deformation. To get ready for that removal I've been building my Moonpool over ledges and two stories up rather than on seafloor level terrain.... So, why include that as a note if terrain deformation is being removed? I figured that was an all-or-nothing feature, we either have it in or we don't.

Unless this carving into the terrain from the MoonPool is simply a temporary adjustment?

35728 /main 2016-08-03 10:49:37 moonpool auto terrform digs now a bit deeper to leave enough space for exosuit

Also looks like the Temperature mechanics are being worked on, cool!
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I checked out what I could of the 'new' Aurora, but got 'stuck' at the Seamoth Bays; I welded the door panel but it wouldn't open, instead there was a double-door bug! :/
    Coranth wrote: »
    I checked out what I could of the 'new' Aurora, but got 'stuck' at the Seamoth Bays; I welded the door panel but it wouldn't open, instead there was a double-door bug! :/

Seems they're working on that right now, since they're listed on the checkins page :)
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    Coranth wrote: »

Exact same thing happened to me. When I weld the panel and try to open the door it is like there are multiple individual doors that want to be opened, then the door turns red again and can't open anymore. I did, once, jump around trying to glitch my way in, in which case I did but only got stuck inside. I had to warp out.
    Got some sweet hi-def art for a new creature egg...

Creatures_eggs_12.jpg
    Latest Checkins

35847 Added items for ExosuitPropulsionArmModule, ExosuitGrapplingArmModule, ExosuitDrillArmModule, ExosuitTorpedoArmModule. Rearranged moonpool upgrade console crafting tree (common modules, seamoth modules, exosuit modules).

35845 lost river temperatures

35844 LR temps

35843 reduced diffuse emission of lifepod wall panel 01

35842 updated cache

35841fixed weldable panel final positions fixed sky ref for platforms in aurora updated light prefab added crash eggs to crash home slot spawns moved obstructions in thallway area added entry for ringroom terminal 2 to log section of pdadata moved obstructions in thallway lower section to collapsed ramp further up reduced diffuse emission on weldable panel material to 0.2 added propulsion cannon fragment to thallway added pda with cargo pda1 string to thallway (references propulsion cannon) adjusted pda light

35840 improve SkyDebugTool

35839 mixing for crash

35838 Translation files update. Legacy database update.
    Coranth, what do you think of that Ghost Leviathan checkin from a few days ago?
    edited August 2016
    Coranth, what do you think of that Ghost Leviathan checkin from a few days ago?

I saw some people talking about it on the Wikia, and someone responded with this:
    latest?cb=20160804213542
    Spoiler'tagged it because image was kinda big IMO.

He specifically said "Phantom" in that message and not "Ghost", buuuuuuuuuuut.... I'd love to see them put it in at some point though, if not during the Early Access stage of things.
    Yeah, thanks for sharing the image. It's a shame, but possibly after 1.0 (I hope).
    edited August 2016
    The Main Menu just got a hi-res boost; it looks beautiful!

k5u0vlbcbo98.jpg

I wish they would restore the original PDA voice intro, though, "In the late 22nd Century, humanity was beginning to colonize space..." and then run the Lifepod Crash Sequence, as that bit of intro speech gives you the context; the "why" of why you're here.

Also, here's a nitpick: the Lifepod isn't really 'leaving' from the Aurora at all, as you can see water in it even as the Crash Sequence launches. It's already 'on' the world as an object. Breaks immersion and makes me want to cry out "FAKE!" on the wonderful intro sequence!
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Maybe a water pipe burst on the Aurora's escape pod deck, and some got into the pod with you.
    Mirality wrote: »
    Maybe a water pipe burst on the Aurora's escape pod deck, and some got into the pod with you.

No. Lmao. Sorry, but just no.