Update for Xbox one on 07/08/16 problems

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    We just got word from Microsoft that the hot fix passed cert and should be going live.
  • Colalord86Colalord86 Canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219884Members
    edited July 2016
    Sweet, very excited to jump back into this game.. very addictive. Thanks for the updates Squeal_like_a_pig.
  • MrClean83MrClean83 United States Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219894Members
    edited July 2016
    Yes, I just go the update. But the game still says game preview, which I hope it does not mean I only get 1 hour, when the game is paid for. That and it changed all the controls that I was use to. That and the bio reactor is called de something and not in the power supply area of the PDA. Hope all work well.
    On a up note cyclops has way more power. Got bunch new upgrades for cyclops and seamoth.
    Excited to get to play again, granted there are no problems with it being in preview mode. Love the game. Border line addiction. Which is why I was devistated when the problem occured. Happy exploring to all!!!!
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    everybody, hard reset your xbox, the update is 2.9GB
  • SgtsturkSgtsturk canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219878Members
    Hey there I'm having an issue with button mapping I changed the left hand setting from a to left trigger and I didn't change the use functions button mapping (which is A) but when trying to use anything ex. Fabricator, hatch . It makes me use left trigger ???
  • RADARBrianRADARBrian Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219943Members
    Hearing the brain plant air charge repeating over and over...
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    RADARBrian wrote: »
    Hearing the brain plant air charge repeating over and over...

Curiously, this actually happened to me before the update.
    edited July 2016
    Hearing it over and over makes for very unenjoyable gameplay! Ha! Is there a console command to turn off that sound?
  • Matlefebvre1234Matlefebvre1234 Canada Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219939Members
    Today i do the uptade with 2.9 G but i have the same probleme that yesteday . I don t have load game so i think i lose my game
    It actually suggests starting over with the latest patch.

The air sound..... Make......it.......................stop......... o?0
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    The load menu wont appear until you save a new game. Was that way for me, and you can temp fix the bubble sounds by saving and reloading or by destorying the brain coral but it respawns.
  • seapixie1seapixie1 Boise, ID USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219958Members
    Skidrow .. I've wondered that ? myself. I bought the game on the Xbox, and don't want to dl it on the PC if it requires a new payment for the game. Can anyone tell if having the game on Xbox transfer to being able to play on the PC? I'm hoping this messup gets fixed soon.
  • skidrow74skidrow74 United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219874Members
    I did try the free trial first. Me and my son watch this guy name sl1pg8r on YouTube playing the PC version. And it looked like a fun game. I'm just not a pc gamer so when I seen the trial for I got it and got the full game on the 5th. I love the game just wish they would fix it so I can play it. PS any of you have kids that watch YouTube a lot I recommend sl1pg8r. He's really funny and kid friendly.
  • JuanCarlosJoseJuanCarlosJose England Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219912Members
    I would like to say that the patch to fix the save/load issue's has worked but I can't even load the game now, arrrggghhhh!. I'm going to try to reinstall it but I am lacking in faith at the moment. Dreading the next updates if there are going to be any more :'(
  • CarrierAnomalyCarrierAnomaly United states Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219957Members
    edited July 2016
    All the wildlife in my new survival game has disappeared. Plus my saved survival from before the hotfix was deleted when i logged on today = Very disappointed, scanning objects doesnt work at all + solar panel fragments are spawning in great abundance.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Hey @MrClean83 - I haven't heard of that problem. Have you tried the hotfix?

I wonder if it's just taking a reallly long time to load? Maybe try leaving it for an hour? I just sent this problem to the other devs so we'll look into it right away.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited July 2016
    Posting the bugs I encountered here since the other thread got closed:

- looping brain coral sound activates randomly, creatures howl constantly all around, reload fixes this.
    - pod gets to damaged state after repairing it randomly, happens often after reload.
    - copper is invisible after mined from limestone. If you spam action button you still get it.
    - blueprints don't scan properly, they don't update craftables or finish progress bar. Fix with starting new game.
    - HUD freeze, happens randomly, can't see inventory or ingame menu. O2, depth and HP indicator not updated.
    - falling through water and walking on seafloor, happened right after game restart, cutscene skip and exiting pod.
    - fauna in all biomes suddenly disappears, infact also scrap metal and other resources. Fixed with restarting SN.
    - random flashes of light. Looks like an engine problem.

If helpful I can keep posting bugs encountered. Cheerio.

EDIT: updated list, added specifics. Yay i'm a game tester in my freetime *laughs*
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Mk2 wrote: »
    EDIT: updated list, added specifics. Yay i'm a game tester in my freetime *laughs*

Thanks for that list. The Preview program and Steam Early access allows us to make the game alongside the community. With everyone's help the game can be much better than it would have been developing in a vacuum.

• seapixie1seapixie1 Boise, ID USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219958Members
    I'm just a bit beyond agitated. I've tried a hard reset on the Xbox as someone suggested that the update & hotfix yesterday, my X missed one so to do reset. Didn't work. Next, did a uninstall, new install. Same problem. Can't save, the controls are all *ucked up. I want the old content back!! Anyone have any idea when this is al going to get fixed so I can actually play again. Dev's if you're reading, love this game and its infuriating that I'm literally blocked from it.
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    edited July 2016
    Instead of just uninstalling the game itself. Also delete the tiny kB files for your profile and subnautica itself. They will be created again when you start a new game. The only sour thing is, it will delete all the things you have done on the old save file. But such things are to be expected in a pre-release game.
    I did all this and have been playing 3 hours straight. The only thing that goes loko after some game time are, in order:

- Framerate slowdown
    - Missing objects, animals. Yeah I couldnt find a single living thing or resources etc around the Aurora, no crawlers, bleeders and no modules were inside the ship either.
    - Game freezes if paused for too long on the pause/ start menu.

Control layout are set a bit different after the update, but thats easly changed in the options menu.
  • Grimble3125Grimble3125 Madison, WI Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219988Members
    I keep dropping to the sea floor when I first leave the life pod. Can't swim and no air timer shows. Updated last night, now, can't play the game, at all. No way back to the life pod.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    edited July 2016
    The sound . The air sound.. indeed,,,, make it stop. it makes the game unplayable Realy! I can't even explore after the update because this sound makes you batshi# crazy.

I can't even give you feedback because a new game starts directly with this issue and it's unbareble to play any further.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    RADARBrian wrote: »
    Hearing it over and over makes for very unenjoyable gameplay! Ha! Is there a console command to turn off that sound?

if there is pls tell me :p
  • TreyATreyA texas Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220021Members
    I hear a hot fix is coming which is awesome! The problems were almost game breaking but not quite. Some of mine were:
    -Hearing my O2 tank being refilled everywhere I went by purple brain coral. Even when I hadn't been near or used one yet. Very early on. tried restarting/ dying. nothing worked.
    -Another problem i had was after breaking limestone sometimes ores would be invisible or nonexistent. By invisible I mean I'd get the option to press A to pick up then it'd be gone, not rolling around just gone. I've personally never broken limestone and had nothing come out. Not sure if that was an addition or if it just happens sometimes.
    -Can't give feedback. I'd type it in and then press down or over and end up on the other side of the screen. never able to submit or move on past the initial typing. Tried three separate times.
    - I had a locker disappear.
    - I've also been stuck to the ground while coming out of the pod for the first time. No way out always pulls you back, can't get far.
    - While using the scanner after a short period I would scan things but nothing would happen. No Titanium added, no blueprint progress, nothing. After a short period I looked at my PDA and apparently I had multiple things unlocked like the seaglide, mobile vehicle bay and other building things but neither were in my deployables. And yes I did try scanning things it said I had unlocked and nothing happened. I was however able to scan things by wrecks like the vending machine or trashcan. Blueprints however were simply eaten.
    - Slight lag issues every so often nothing major.

---These are what I've experienced I think i got everything. Hope this helps! This is an amazing game and I hope this gets fixed I've been waiting so long for an update! And as for saves I restarted after the update to experience the new things so I couldn't speak on the issue.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    For all who are having the sound byte issues or all life dissapering. Saving the game and reloading seems to fix it temporarely. Backing all the way out and restarting Subnautica seems to be even a little better. Hope this helps. Happy diving!
  • extrememasters1extrememasters1 MN Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220033Members
    Man I was extremely excited for the update, took me two days to download cause my internet is slow, and now I cant even play the game. I made a new game because I wanted a fresh start, it loaded in like normal but when I exited the pod, cant swim and I just walk on the sea floor, and there is a looping sound effect, the textures on the character are flashing gloves and flippers, and when you die you just hear the looping sound effect and it sits there infinitely on a black screen really bummed hope the bugs get fixed soon. :(
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    So do we call you dev still or artist? Mr. Squeal_Like_A_Pig for proper titling on here that is
  • mechtrix11mechtrix11 United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219603Members
    Any one seeing the reaper?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    So do we call you dev still or artist? Mr. Squeal_Like_A_Pig for proper titling on here that is
    Not sure how to answer that question. I am an artist (my role is actually Art Director) and I am a developer.