Update for Xbox one on 07/08/16 problems

13»

Comments

• skidrow74skidrow74 United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219874Members
    My game is up and running but there is a lot of lag. Some times it really bad. Did have to start a new game. But I can save it and load it. Hope you all are having the same luck. Fingers crossed
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    So do we call you dev still or artist? Mr. Squeal_Like_A_Pig for proper titling on here that is
    Not sure how to answer that question. I am an artist (my role is actually Art Director) and I am a developer.

So its cool we all call you art director (out on a limb here) your dev part is art director handling yes's and no's quality checks on all the artistic things of this game yes? Btw love the designs feel you did the barracooda aka the animal you need to tooth for the enamel glass was a little to normal for a alien planet
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    So do we call you dev still or artist? Mr. Squeal_Like_A_Pig for proper titling on here that is
    Not sure how to answer that question. I am an artist (my role is actually Art Director) and I am a developer.

why is the monsters not spawning into the world and the bubble sound anyway you can bring a hot fix asap for both of what i said buddy
  • MikeTakerMikeTaker Danmark Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219869Members
    I had the sound sound problem and i can live with it (barely) but the everything de-spawning (creatures, fragments, limestone, etc,) is very game breaking. Love the game and the work all you guys do.
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    MikeTaker wrote: »
    I had the sound sound problem and i can live with it (barely) but the everything de-spawning (creatures, fragments, limestone, etc,) is very game breaking. Love the game and the work all you guys do.

Check discussion "Ha i figured out how to fix" i wrote somthing that works for me on survival its easy and womt drive you up a wall its not a perminant fix either but has worked for me alot
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Whenever all the spawns disapear (spell check) for me a quick save and reload always fixes it. Same with the sound bug. Just save, quit and load. As for the missing creatures im assuming they will be fixed soon seeing as they are listed as features and shown in videos showcasing the update. You cant announce and showcase an update and not have the features shown working right?

Other notes while im at it.
    1 - FPS is great, at first. Over time it starts to get choppy and a full restart will bring the good FPS back. The FPS dropping over time may indicate that only optimaztions are needed now. (RAM handling and whatnot)

2 - Blueprints. Ive started mulitple new games because things that ive unlocked and built would disapear from the build list. No more fragments of the item would spawn either because like i said they WERE completed. DEV console doesnt seem to be able to fix it or i just dont know how to use it right. ("Blueprint solarpanelblueprint" for ex would give me nothing. not sure if i did it right though) This all seems to occur if the scanner bugs out in anyway while scanning a blueprint. stopping before the scan completes will not affect the outcome. once scanner bugs out, blueprints bug out in my experience.

3 - The game seems to forget custom button mapping in certain playthroughs. Strangely enough if the game doesnt remember your button mapping then there is a good chance your blueprints will bug out to which condradicts what i said above about the scanner maybe causing the bug but im only typing from experience. Anyways, yesterday started 3 new survival games. First 2 the games did not remember my button mapping and blueprints bugged out. 3rd game it remembered my button mapping and so far blueprints havent bugged out. havent ventured passed kelp forest in that game yet so that should tell you all the blueprints ive got so far.

4 - Took me nearly an hour to figure out the Seamoth fragments are no longer cubes and where they spawn.

5 - Battery charger is louder than any real life charger ever made. Why is advanved technology super loud? Even when the sound bug isnt occcuring i can hear it if im close to my base. Im just saying all its doing is charging batterys. does it really need to sound like it has some sort of contained ball of super energy oscilating in it?

The last 2 were for laughs but the battery charger is loud.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    edited July 2016
    Man i'm looking forward to play this game. But the last update didn't improve it for me. The game now has even more trouble with the rendering of the envirement, I also see a lot of you also have the sound/air/bubble issue.

When the game gets a bit more attention to the rendering of the terrain i will turn it on again. For now it;s pretty bad to play. Sorry to bring it like this. I love the game but its pretty unplayable at the moment.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited July 2016
    Some more of those elusive not so elusive sea bugs... Gotta catch 'em all! :wink:

- Waterproof lockers (the free floating ones) disappear after restarting SN and loading a save that has them.
    - Recipes of cooked airsacks or purified water disappear when restarting SN and loading a save that should have them unlocked.
    - Not a 100% on this, but it also keeps saying "new creature discovered" and readding encyclopedia entries for old fish.

Hope this helps. Will update or add things when and if I come across them. Cheerio.

PS: The fragments not updating blueprints kind of hampers my ability to progress and test more.
    PPS: I want to do it in survival mode as I feel that if I just use the console I won't catch the sneakier bugs.
  • TheRedWarriorTheRedWarrior United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220080Members
    I have a glitch where i can't put a new battery in my sea glide.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members

Did you assign a button for it? You now need to do it manually
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Might have found a new one. Problem with the dev panel cheats. I know some don't work right but this did before the new patch.
    - Using any of the cheats to acquire all blueprints like allblueprints, unlockall, bobthebuilder will usually work...once. I have been playing around with new starts and have noticed when using any to open the blue prints and then play a bit you will have to save and reload at some point. After the reload I only have SOME of the blueprints and it is a bit random and unstable what if left. Also even more important I think is any of the cheats listed will no longer work ever in this save again.
    Although inconsistent on what I've been left with in the habitat builder it is usually about 1/2 of the first tab, none of the power options, 1/2 or the third tab and none of the last.

I love being a part of the game at this stage and hope this helps. I have been playing around with it for a while now today and it does kinda impact playability or at least the immersion for me but I'll find things to keep me busy :)
    The best i can tell your saying using the dev console to get back glitched blueprints isnt working. Which in my opinion is great. If the workaround that was allowing us to progress is no longer working then the devs will have to fix the blueprints by the next update. cant write it off with the old "use the dev console" anymore.
  • TheRedWarriorTheRedWarrior United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220080Members
    Mk2 wrote: »

Did you assign a button for it? You now need to do it manually

Thanks for that Mk2 it worked.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Not really. Most of what was missing was higher level stuff like the moonpool and existing blueprints. An update though I just deleted and reinstalled the game entirely and it seems resolved as I now have the full list in my save without using any cheat.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    Would someone recommend to use console commands for visual improvement on the xbox for now? I just found you can set rendering distance, shadows, bloom. etc. Will this help for now? I haven't tried to touch the visual commands on the console due to too less info.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    mechtrix11 wrote: »
    Any one seeing the reaper?

YES. I just had my first encounter ever. I literally had to save my game, and exit to the menu, and come to my computer.

Holy macaroni. This game freaked me out before when there wasn't even many threats...That was my first time ever experiencing it. You DO NOT want run into one...That was horrifying. I freaked out and like slammed into my cyclops trying to get my seamoth back in there.

What an incredible experience this game is! There are issues with the new patch but the game is still very playable, and absolutely horrifying
  • ArchememnonArchememnon USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220007Members
    edited July 2016
    - fauna in all biomes suddenly disappears, infact also scrap metal and other resources. Fixed with restarting SN.
    Norulv wrote: »
    - Missing objects, animals. Yeah I couldnt find a single living thing or resources etc around the Aurora, no crawlers, bleeders and no modules were inside the ship either.
    why is the monsters not spawning into the world
    Whenever all the spawns disapear (spell check) for me a quick save and reload always fixes it.

I grabbed the few that I saw having the same issue as I am. I tried saving and loading, exiting the game and reloading, I even created a new game, and it was empty as well. When I deleted all my save files and started fresh it went fine for a time, and then everything was gone again. I came to this thread and saw that I wasn't the only one, and was thankful it wasn't just my xbox being wholly stupid. Anyhow, this bug is very irritating, and I've since, with a few exits and reloading of saves, been able to get it to come back. So I can say it is fixable, even if it doesn't seem to work the first time.

I am enjoying the game immensely other than this fact. The other bugs can be a hassle but easily workable. Though I must say as a hardcore player, that when I die, the OK button won't allow me to click it. I have to dashboard and reload the game... dunno if that was intended to be true 'hardcore' or not rofl. (I doubt it was.) Another interesting bug. At a certain point in the game, seems random from time spent or things built, but I get a signal, water, and ration bar Thought I'd throw that out there too as I haven't seen it in the bug lists.
    YES. I just had my first encounter ever. I literally had to save my game, and exit to the menu, and come to my computer.

Holy macaroni. This game freaked me out before when there wasn't even many threats...That was my first time ever experiencing it. You DO NOT want run into one...That was horrifying. I freaked out and like slammed into my cyclops trying to get my seamoth back in there.

What an incredible experience this game is! There are issues with the new patch but the game is still very playable, and absolutely horrifying

Blind I LOLed so hard, and told the story to my on mic friends and caused a subnautica hardcore death. You deserve a cookie! Love it!
    - fauna in all biomes suddenly disappears, infact also scrap metal and other resources. Fixed with restarting SN.
    Norulv wrote: »
    - Missing objects, animals. Yeah I couldnt find a single living thing or resources etc around the Aurora, no crawlers, bleeders and no modules were inside the ship either.
    why is the monsters not spawning into the world
    Whenever all the spawns disapear (spell check) for me a quick save and reload always fixes it.

I grabbed the few that I saw having the same issue as I am. I tried saving and loading, exiting the game and reloading, I even created a new game, and it was empty as well. When I deleted all my save files and started fresh it went fine for a time, and then everything was gone again. I came to this thread and saw that I wasn't the only one, and was thankful it wasn't just my xbox being wholly stupid. Anyhow, this bug is very irritating, and I've since, with a few exits and reloading of saves, been able to get it to come back. So I can say it is fixable, even if it doesn't seem to work the first time.

I am enjoying the game immensely other than this fact. The other bugs can be a hassle but easily workable. Though I must say as a hardcore player, that when I die, the OK button won't allow me to click it. I have to dashboard and reload the game... dunno if that was intended to be true 'hardcore' or not rofl. (I doubt it was.) Another interesting bug. At a certain point in the game, seems random from time spent or things built, but I get a signal, water, and ration bar Thought I'd throw that out there too as I haven't seen it in the bug lists.

Blind I LOLed so hard, and told the story to my on mic friends and caused a subnautica hardcore death. You deserve a cookie! Love it!

Epic...Man I had read a few posts about how the Reaper isn't in the update, but you can spawn it in, which is kinda lame, I didn't want my first experience to be me spawning it.

So I was right sort of between the aurora, and the mushroom forest, kind of on the mountain that leads down to the mushrooms. I had assumed they weren't in the game yet, but wow...I just got back in my seamoth and it roared and just missed me, I assume now it was trying to get my actual character swimming, but I hopped back in just in time by accident.

People said you can hear them roar...it didn't make a sound until it was there haha...I also tried to take a video of it, but since Xbox only records about 30 seconds all the video is, is me smashing my seamoth into the cyclops a few times and getting in and saving hahaa. I'm glad it was entertaining for someone, if I knew how to link my video I would!

Great times man, I've had a fear of deep sea games since Ecco the dolphin on Sega, Subnautica is literally a dream come true game for me!
  • SheriffUnit357SheriffUnit357 California Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220108Members
    I'm having issue on Xbox One Version. I have not been able to figure out if its my controller or the game. Does anyone else have these issues?

- Unable to turn off or on Internal or External lights in the cyclops
    - Unable to use the camera feature on the cyclops
    - When turn left of right a major lag spike happen till you straighten out
    - Unable to use some of the features in the Map room, like the mineral marker/detector
    - When underwater for a little your character starts sounding like he continuing to breath while being in a sub or your own base were there no water
    I'm having issue on Xbox One Version. I have not been able to figure out if its my controller or the game. Does anyone else have these issues?

- Unable to turn off or on Internal or External lights in the cyclops
    - Unable to use the camera feature on the cyclops
    - When turn left of right a major lag spike happen till you straighten out
    - Unable to use some of the features in the Map room, like the mineral marker/detector
    - When underwater for a little your character starts sounding like he continuing to breath while being in a sub or your own base were there no water

The lights somewhat work, the inside ones only seem to turn lights on to items in your cyclops, and the outside ones are only really noticeable when facing something at night, but I had to switch my control set up to "left hand=left trigger" This seems to make things work (such as the lights, and the seamoth defense) However I can't figure out how to operate the camera on cyclops either.

In terms of lag spikes, the cyclops in general seems very rough right now, it's super choppy for me traveling it any direction. I don't think all the map room features are working right now, and lastly yes, there are a few really weird sound issues, the devs seem to know. However I re-installed my game twice today and while I am still getting some sound problems, I am not getting nearly as much as before I re-installed.

Hope this helps, and if anyone else knows how to use the camera in cyclops do share!
  • skidrow74skidrow74 United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219874Members
    Getting so really bad lag and would love to see an auto save that would help out a lot.
  • Simon70Simon70 Sydney Australia Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220121Members
    When is the new patch