First Subnautica XB1 patch in testing

1246789

Comments

  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United StatesMembers Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Posts: 31 Advanced user
    edited July 2016
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig OMG! OMG! OMG! (I hope we can get it as soon as possible because weve been waiting for almost 3 months, but yay!!)
    Post edited by xxxL3gitRushxxx on
    --- Aaron-San <3
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Members Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Posts: 242 Advanced user
    Calm and dignified response @Rustled_Jimmy I can respect that. It doesn't all have to be so official but still no reason to be rude when delivering a point. I like some personality from companies myself and if the failed update notification was titled "Crap, that didn't work" I'd appreciate the humor and transparency. . . . AND THE NEW UPDATE IS HERE OMG YAY! Thankyou @Squeal_Like_A_Pig for the great news!
    xxxL3gitRushxxx
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United StatesMembers Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Posts: 31 Advanced user
    @Rustled_Jimmy Yes indeed, nice timing, good lord im so excited for the update, i hope we dont have to wait more for the scheduled release, because i think a 3 month wait is enough. XD
    --- Aaron-San <3
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United StatesMembers Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Posts: 31 Advanced user
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig Oh i guess i lost track of time, my bad. but a big thanks to all of the staff who tried their best to get the update rolling!
    --- Aaron-San <3
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United StatesMembers Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Posts: 31 Advanced user
    @Rustled_Jimmy Well i believe it passed MS Cert so thats why its ready for public release like @Squeal_Like_A_Pig had said.
    --- Aaron-San <3
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usaMembers Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Posts: 9 Fully active user
    Nice! So now its up to the Xbox MC team to get it out?
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United StatesMembers Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Posts: 31 Advanced user
    Nice! So now its up to the Xbox MC team to get it out?

    No, it already ready for puplic release.
    --- Aaron-San <3
    TheSonicSpartan
  • bghst03bghst03 USAMembers Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218204Posts: 10 Fully active user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    So is this going to have to re-cert, or is that a hot fix I smell?

    No re-cert. Cert already granted we are waiting for MS to push the button.

    Hard to 'hotfix' on Xbox due to the cert process timescale, which is why this has taken a long time to get out. We want to be sure it's good the first time.

    can't wait. keep up the good work
    taffman66
  • zimzumzimzum Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Posts: 251 Advanced user
    They need guys like me...

    No, you are gravely mistaken. Nobody needs ppl like you.

    The new posts that pop up daily by some guy with 3 hours playtime who knows how to perfectly balance this game already make me want to vomit - PaLaGi
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    @Rustled_Jimmy we're not fanbois laddy, you're just being an ass and mostly trolling and whining. Constructive criticism hmm, I don't think you understand that word


    And everyone who knows me on here, knows I've criticized lotsa stuff regarding their games (proper constructive criticism)

    Trolling? So you just use fun internet lingo and not know wtf it means?

    Begone pest

    Grow up, child

    Stop projecting and while you're at it have a look at your own damn behavior...

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Members Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Posts: 161 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    I'm entitled to my opinion.

    This was a old version when it was released, which means they already knew about 90% of bug potential moving forward. To avoid over explination that apologists won't accept anyway; they rushed console side to make more money, used those funds to make PC better, and when ever they get around to it, they'll finish console for full release. Enjoy your discount and wait till full release, or the game turns vaporware.

    Get as mad at me as you like, but I've worked in the industry, so i know what that smell is.

    Having an opinion is understandable. Having worked in the industry, I would guess that you should know about the Xbox Preview program, and what it entails.

    Users have a choice to purchase the game in it's current state or not. They get access to a 1 hour demo, for free to assess if the game is worthy of their money or not. Steam users do not get this currently. If people try it, and find it's not running well enough for them, or has not enough content, they are free to not purchase it.

    On every Microsoft Game Preview page, it states:
    Game Preview This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.

    We released a version of the game that passed certification and was admittedly, behind the steam version. However, despite it's flaws, through the preview program we have the opportunity to keep working on it and improve it - that's the whole point of putting out early builds for the public to get feedback on issues.

    Accusing us of not caring about our customers is false. We will only release patches to our game which improve it. This is why one has not been released yet. We have all worked very hard to bring a more up to date version of the game out in the Preview Program and I'm glad to say it's on the horizon.

    Now, in regard to your attitude - we welcome opinions and all kinds of criticisms of our game. It's the only way we learn to make it better. But the attitude & swearing at us does nothing for your credibility or weight of opinion. We can have a civil conversation about our faults without needing to resort to that kind of talk or attitude.



    your games amazing please take your time im willing to wait longer as it will be better and done well and make the hate xbox players wait for being
    The update appears to be ready to send out to the public and we are scheduling its release. Stay tuned for more info.

    amazing THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!
    Darwin-Evolution
  • joni65joni65 KansasMembers Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Posts: 166 Advanced user
    To the developers, I know most of us who appreciate you are saying as much and I want to add to that. Especially in this thread where it seems necessary to counter the messages from the jerks who don't have a clue how to be decent people while expressing their disappointment in delays.

    Thank you for developing a beautiful, unique game. I know it is more frustrating to you all, as the artists of this title, when things don't go perfectly. I just want to echo the sentiments of the other cooler heads that we look forward to any updates that come and don't mind waiting a little when the wait brings us a better game.

    You are all doing a fine job! <3<3
    Gaming: It's not just for kids.
    Darwin-EvolutionRooks_Nemesistaffman66
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    @Rustled_Jimmy we're not fanbois laddy, you're just being an ass and mostly trolling and whining. Constructive criticism hmm, I don't think you understand that word


    And everyone who knows me on here, knows I've criticized lotsa stuff regarding their games (proper constructive criticism)

    Trolling? So you just use fun internet lingo and not know wtf it means?

    Begone pest

    Grow up, child

    Stop projecting and while you're at it have a look at your own damn behavior...

    You're the one resorting to personal attacks, not me. Last time I'm responding to you too.

    Have a great day

    Oh cry me a river, you deserved nothing less! Your behavior was a pisspoor excuse to try and be that edgy anti dev guy with flawed logic, made up brainfarts and deliberately misinformed opinions to try and get a rise out of people. I'm glad you decided to go sit in the corner and be quiet from now on :) Come to think of it, you actually added nothing to the conversation besides childish negativity. I just called you out on it and it seems you don't like that.

    Well played trying to save face, it's just a shame we've all read what you wrote hmmm. Have a great day? I'll gladly make up my own mind if I want to have a great day dammit. Don't tell me what to do :tongue:

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

    joni65
  • joni65joni65 KansasMembers Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Posts: 166 Advanced user
    Yeah, I'M the troll. *slowclap*
    well at least you got one thing right ... Too bad the part where you said it was the "last time you were responding" you got totally wrong, though

    Gaming: It's not just for kids.
    Kouji_San
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    edited July 2016
    Actually this is where we stop feeding it @joni65 ;)

    We've rustled Jimmy's feathers it seems, eyyyyyyy
    Post edited by Kouji_San on

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

    joni65
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Members Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Posts: 161 Advanced user
    omg the kids in here lol
    Rustled_Jimmy
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Members Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Posts: 161 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    So is this going to have to re-cert, or is that a hot fix I smell?

    No re-cert. Cert already granted we are waiting for MS to push the button.

    Hard to 'hotfix' on Xbox due to the cert process timescale, which is why this has taken a long time to get out. We want to be sure it's good the first time.

    so we are just waiting for Microsoft to push the button to send it to us all to download your update buddy
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    So is this going to have to re-cert, or is that a hot fix I smell?

    No re-cert. Cert already granted we are waiting for MS to push the button.

    Hard to 'hotfix' on Xbox due to the cert process timescale, which is why this has taken a long time to get out. We want to be sure it's good the first time.

    so we are just waiting for Microsoft to push the button to send it to us all to download your update buddy

    Guessing that is a timeframe of a week, more or less? We shall see...

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Members Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Posts: 161 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    I'm entitled to my opinion.

    This was a old version when it was released, which means they already knew about 90% of bug potential moving forward. To avoid over explination that apologists won't accept anyway; they rushed console side to make more money, used those funds to make PC better, and when ever they get around to it, they'll finish console for full release. Enjoy your discount and wait till full release, or the game turns vaporware.

    Get as mad at me as you like, but I've worked in the industry, so i know what that smell is.

    Having an opinion is understandable. Having worked in the industry, I would guess that you should know about the Xbox Preview program, and what it entails.

    Users have a choice to purchase the game in it's current state or not. They get access to a 1 hour demo, for free to assess if the game is worthy of their money or not. Steam users do not get this currently. If people try it, and find it's not running well enough for them, or has not enough content, they are free to not purchase it.

    On every Microsoft Game Preview page, it states:
    Game Preview This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.

    We released a version of the game that passed certification and was admittedly, behind the steam version. However, despite it's flaws, through the preview program we have the opportunity to keep working on it and improve it - that's the whole point of putting out early builds for the public to get feedback on issues.

    Accusing us of not caring about our customers is false. We will only release patches to our game which improve it. This is why one has not been released yet. We have all worked very hard to bring a more up to date version of the game out in the Preview Program and I'm glad to say it's on the horizon.

    Now, in regard to your attitude - we welcome opinions and all kinds of criticisms of our game. It's the only way we learn to make it better. But the attitude & swearing at us does nothing for your credibility or weight of opinion. We can have a civil conversation about our faults without needing to resort to that kind of talk or attitude.



    your games amazing please take your time im willing to wait longer as it will be better and done well and make the hate xbox players wait for being
    GabrielBC
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Members Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Posts: 161 Advanced user
    omg the kids in here lol

    Sad thing is the dutch one is like 40 years old

    na think you should go back to school and talk sence then sit there typeing away and giving hate lol only kid i see here is you tbh
This discussion has been closed.