First Subnautica XB1 patch in testing

Comments

• xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    edited July 2016
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig OMG! OMG! OMG! (I hope we can get it as soon as possible because weve been waiting for almost 3 months, but yay!!)
  • Rustled_JimmyRustled_Jimmy USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216920Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    @Rustled_Jimmy we're not fanbois laddy, you're just being an ass and mostly trolling and whining. Constructive criticism hmm, I don't think you understand that word

And everyone who knows me on here, knows I've criticized lotsa stuff regarding their games (proper constructive criticism)

Trolling? So you just use fun internet lingo and not know wtf it means?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

You are misinformed on a few major points:
    -I understand that granting Subnautica console access was a last minute success. They were not sure it would be possible until it happened.
    -This build is not the one they hoped to provide but due to arranged deadlines with the xbox compliance process it was this or miss it entirely and lose the opportunity.
    - having "several" patches on just means one was already ready when this process started on xbox and then another released. Not more work, "previous" work. Effort has been balanced since the release.
    -They were able to provide a patch in a reasonable timeframe of near 30 days but were not satisfied that it improved the game so it was held back on console but due the the quick changes available it was able to be released through PC/Steam. This is not additional effort or preference but rather one worked and one did not. Would it be right to withhold both because one failed? Personally I think they did right by going forward with the successful side, it does not mean those same changes will not be applied to xbox asap.
    -ASAP in this case is subject to the schedule/test/review timeframe offered to the devs as their only option into platform success. It is not like they can pay for a faster application, it is a standardized process all games go through but the difference here is this being a game under development cant be altered by developers whim as it needs. Any changes are subject to the schedule/test/review timeframe.
    -In a way I'm sure this process is contracted. In the contract there are rights and responsibility's that don't always work in your favor. Kinda like regretting your choice in cell provider but not being able to make changes until the contract is resolved, they cannot go any faster than the system offers.

I feel the impatience building from this community but I remain eager and hopeful. I check every day for updated info and this will be a great game when it reaches v1.0. It really has not been an unreasonable amount of time or system preference if you consider the whole situation. Doesn't stop me from wanting it NOW also but harsh words wont help at all.

While the overall response was informative, helpful and to the point, I'm sorry if the way i talk offends some. That's how it is, and i don't care to change it. :)

Honestly from a studio of 20 (unknown) and 15 (grip) people, jumping on to another platform was apparently too big an endeavor, and quite honestly probably a bad idea. I had long discussions with frontier development over the release of elite dangerous and how even for them, who are much larger (260), multi platform wasn't being fair for anyone, and they ended up increasing their console support over it.

Expecting to tackle an endeavor that hundreds of employees struggle to accomplish, with less than 50 people to me seems a mistake.

I can't fault them for trying, but they simply need to be humble and transparent and simply say "we bit off more then we could chew, but we're really trying to make this work". That would get far more respect, imo, than this story they're trying to dish out.

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Calm and dignified response @Rustled_Jimmy I can respect that. It doesn't all have to be so official but still no reason to be rude when delivering a point. I like some personality from companies myself and if the failed update notification was titled "Crap, that didn't work" I'd appreciate the humor and transparency. . . . AND THE NEW UPDATE IS HERE OMG YAY! Thankyou @Squeal_Like_A_Pig for the great news!
    So happy to have your approval. God knows i lose sleep over strangers on the internet not liking the words i type so much they attack my character. I can finally sleep now. Thank you
    @Slackerstu

@Sqeal_Like_a_Pig nice timing.
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    @Rustled_Jimmy Yes indeed, nice timing, good lord im so excited for the update, i hope we dont have to wait more for the scheduled release, because i think a 3 month wait is enough. XD
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig Oh i guess i lost track of time, my bad. but a big thanks to all of the staff who tried their best to get the update rolling!
    So is this going to have to re-cert, or is that a hot fix I smell?
    @Rustled_Jimmy Well i believe it passed MS Cert so thats why its ready for public release like @Squeal_Like_A_Pig had said.
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usa Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Members
    Nice! So now its up to the Xbox MC team to get it out?
    Nice! So now its up to the Xbox MC team to get it out?

No, it already ready for puplic release.
  • bghst03bghst03 USA Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218204Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

No re-cert. Cert already granted we are waiting for MS to push the button.

Hard to 'hotfix' on Xbox due to the cert process timescale, which is why this has taken a long time to get out. We want to be sure it's good the first time.

can't wait. keep up the good work

No re-cert. Cert already granted we are waiting Nowfor MS to push the button.

Hard to 'hotfix' on Xbox due to the cert process timescale, which is why this has taken a long time to get out. We want to be sure it's good the first time.

Now is that just an ID@xbox process? I know several devs who claim they are using "hotfixes" and I've always wondered, with certification the way it is, is it even possible to hotfix on console, or are they blowing smoke to make it look like they're doing things faster than they are.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    They need guys like me...

No, you are gravely mistaken. Nobody needs ppl like you.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @Rustled_Jimmy we're not fanbois laddy, you're just being an ass and mostly trolling and whining. Constructive criticism hmm, I don't think you understand that word

And everyone who knows me on here, knows I've criticized lotsa stuff regarding their games (proper constructive criticism)

Begone pest

Grow up, child

Stop projecting and while you're at it have a look at your own damn behavior...
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    I'm entitled to my opinion.

This was a old version when it was released, which means they already knew about 90% of bug potential moving forward. To avoid over explination that apologists won't accept anyway; they rushed console side to make more money, used those funds to make PC better, and when ever they get around to it, they'll finish console for full release. Enjoy your discount and wait till full release, or the game turns vaporware.

Get as mad at me as you like, but I've worked in the industry, so i know what that smell is.

Having an opinion is understandable. Having worked in the industry, I would guess that you should know about the Xbox Preview program, and what it entails.

Users have a choice to purchase the game in it's current state or not. They get access to a 1 hour demo, for free to assess if the game is worthy of their money or not. Steam users do not get this currently. If people try it, and find it's not running well enough for them, or has not enough content, they are free to not purchase it.

On every Microsoft Game Preview page, it states:
    Game Preview This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.

We released a version of the game that passed certification and was admittedly, behind the steam version. However, despite it's flaws, through the preview program we have the opportunity to keep working on it and improve it - that's the whole point of putting out early builds for the public to get feedback on issues.

Accusing us of not caring about our customers is false. We will only release patches to our game which improve it. This is why one has not been released yet. We have all worked very hard to bring a more up to date version of the game out in the Preview Program and I'm glad to say it's on the horizon.

Now, in regard to your attitude - we welcome opinions and all kinds of criticisms of our game. It's the only way we learn to make it better. But the attitude & swearing at us does nothing for your credibility or weight of opinion. We can have a civil conversation about our faults without needing to resort to that kind of talk or attitude.

your games amazing please take your time im willing to wait longer as it will be better and done well and make the hate xbox players wait for being
    The update appears to be ready to send out to the public and we are scheduling its release. Stay tuned for more info.

amazing THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    To the developers, I know most of us who appreciate you are saying as much and I want to add to that. Especially in this thread where it seems necessary to counter the messages from the jerks who don't have a clue how to be decent people while expressing their disappointment in delays.

Thank you for developing a beautiful, unique game. I know it is more frustrating to you all, as the artists of this title, when things don't go perfectly. I just want to echo the sentiments of the other cooler heads that we look forward to any updates that come and don't mind waiting a little when the wait brings us a better game.

You are all doing a fine job! <3<3

Begone pest

Grow up, child

You're the one resorting to personal attacks, not me. Last time I'm responding to you too.

Have a great day
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Begone pest

Grow up, child

You're the one resorting to personal attacks, not me. Last time I'm responding to you too.

Have a great day

Oh cry me a river, you deserved nothing less! Your behavior was a pisspoor excuse to try and be that edgy anti dev guy with flawed logic, made up brainfarts and deliberately misinformed opinions to try and get a rise out of people. I'm glad you decided to go sit in the corner and be quiet from now on :) Come to think of it, you actually added nothing to the conversation besides childish negativity. I just called you out on it and it seems you don't like that.

Well played trying to save face, it's just a shame we've all read what you wrote hmmm. Have a great day? I'll gladly make up my own mind if I want to have a great day dammit. Don't tell me what to do :tongue:
    Yeah, I'M the troll. *slowclap*
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Yeah, I'M the troll. *slowclap*
    well at least you got one thing right ... Too bad the part where you said it was the "last time you were responding" you got totally wrong, though

Oh I'm not going anywhere.lol. this thread is about me now, why would i leave?
    edited July 2016
    Actually this is where we stop feeding it @joni65 ;)

We've rustled Jimmy's feathers it seems, eyyyyyyy
    omg the kids in here lol

so we are just waiting for Microsoft to push the button to send it to us all to download your update buddy

so we are just waiting for Microsoft to push the button to send it to us all to download your update buddy

Guessing that is a timeframe of a week, more or less? We shall see...
    omg the kids in here lol

Sad thing is the dutch one is like 40 years old
    I'm entitled to my opinion.

This was a old version when it was released, which means they already knew about 90% of bug potential moving forward. To avoid over explination that apologists won't accept anyway; they rushed console side to make more money, used those funds to make PC better, and when ever they get around to it, they'll finish console for full release. Enjoy your discount and wait till full release, or the game turns vaporware.

Get as mad at me as you like, but I've worked in the industry, so i know what that smell is.

Having an opinion is understandable. Having worked in the industry, I would guess that you should know about the Xbox Preview program, and what it entails.

Users have a choice to purchase the game in it's current state or not. They get access to a 1 hour demo, for free to assess if the game is worthy of their money or not. Steam users do not get this currently. If people try it, and find it's not running well enough for them, or has not enough content, they are free to not purchase it.

On every Microsoft Game Preview page, it states:
    Game Preview This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.

We released a version of the game that passed certification and was admittedly, behind the steam version. However, despite it's flaws, through the preview program we have the opportunity to keep working on it and improve it - that's the whole point of putting out early builds for the public to get feedback on issues.

Accusing us of not caring about our customers is false. We will only release patches to our game which improve it. This is why one has not been released yet. We have all worked very hard to bring a more up to date version of the game out in the Preview Program and I'm glad to say it's on the horizon.

Now, in regard to your attitude - we welcome opinions and all kinds of criticisms of our game. It's the only way we learn to make it better. But the attitude & swearing at us does nothing for your credibility or weight of opinion. We can have a civil conversation about our faults without needing to resort to that kind of talk or attitude.

your games amazing please take your time im willing to wait longer as it will be better and done well and make the hate xbox players wait for being
    omg the kids in here lol

Sad thing is the dutch one is like 40 years old

na think you should go back to school and talk sence then sit there typeing away and giving hate lol only kid i see here is you tbh
This discussion has been closed.