WHEN IS THE UPDATE!

Comments

• kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    edited June 2016
    I am just tired of the disrespect towards the developers that's been going on by certain people. I'm on Xbox as well and yes crashes are frustrating and I'm as anxious as anybody else for the update. I just don't like rude and disrespectful post when I'm trying to read through the comments to figure out if the updates been released yet or not while I am on post and can't touch the game.
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    edited June 2016
    I am just tired of the disrespect towards the developers that's been going on by certain people. I'm on Xbox as well and yes crashes are frustrating and I'm as anxious as anybody else for the update. I just don't like rude and disrespectful post when I'm trying to read through the comments to figure out if the updates been released yet or not while I am on post and can't touch the game.

When there's news on the update, while it will most likely get posted here, if you're sick of wading through the crap on the forums you can stick to checking the blog and the Xbox version's Twitter account , and I'm sure they'll send an email if you're subbed to the Xbox email list.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    woops wrote: »

When there's news on the update, while it will most likely get posted here, if you're sick of wading through the crap on the forums you can stick to checking the blog and the Xbox version's Twitter account , and I'm sure they'll send an email if you're subbed to the Xbox email list.

That still doesn't change how rude and disrespectful some people are being toward each other :/
    TBH there is really no reason for any of this, we are all here trying to enjoy the game and get the best out of it :P
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    That still doesn't change how rude and disrespectful some people are being toward each other :/

No, but there really isn't much anyone can do about it. If a post is really out of line, flag it and an admin will most likely take care of it.

From what I've seen, an announcement as big as "we're finally updating the Xbox port" would be posted to those places I linked as soon as UWE is ready to share the information. They haven't really posted any new info about the update here aside from "it's coming," so that's why I suggested maybe taking a break from the forums if they are becoming such a bummer to read. Those types of posts will die out soon, due to either the patch coming out or boredom, so you could step away from here for a few days and not miss anything but the whining, is all I was getting at.

And I'm not saying there should be an all out free-for-all of being rude to the devs, but even you said that you think people have a right to be frustrated - and this is the place to post feedback about the game. And really, at this point, every time someone posts a complaint about the patch not being out, there's at least 3 posts responding to them complaining about their complaining.

And now I'm complaining about the complaining about the complaining. This is why the update needs to come out. :)
    woops wrote: »

No, but there really isn't much anyone can do about it. If a post is really out of line, flag it and an admin will most likely take care of it.

From what I've seen, an announcement as big as "we're finally updating the Xbox port" would be posted to those places I linked as soon as UWE is ready to share the information. They haven't really posted any new info about the update here aside from "it's coming," so that's why I suggested maybe taking a break from the forums if they are becoming such a bummer to read. Those types of posts will die out soon, due to either the patch coming out or boredom, so you could step away from here for a few days and not miss anything but the whining, is all I was getting at.

And I'm not saying there should be an all out free-for-all of being rude to the devs, but even you said that you think people have a right to be frustrated - and this is the place to post feedback about the game. And really, at this point, every time someone posts a complaint about the patch not being out, there's at least 3 posts responding to them complaining about their complaining.

And now I'm complaining about the complaining about the complaining. This is why the update needs to come out. :)

Haha, okay, I understand. My bad, you have my apologies :)
    Thanks for explaining :blush:
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    Instead of everyone arguing, we should all get together and build an undersea base somewhere with nonexistent government laser beams coming out of our habitat builder/ear cleaner. I call top bunk! :p
    @njohnson1448
    I call window bed and cat poster :P
    And @Squeal_Like_A_Pig totally is stuck sharing the bed with the Airsack....XD....please don't dev smite me now...
    And @Squeal_Like_A_Pig totally is stuck sharing the bed with the Airsack....XD....please don't dev smite me now...

Sharing the bed with the air sack?! Please catch me up on what you mean hehehe... :P
    Well, see, there was limited room for beds...and Reginald the Airsack needed a place to stay. So Squeal, out of the goodness of his heart let him share a bed with him. There IS the issue of Reginald being a fish, and the no water thing and all....but psssh. Details. And so the undersea base mascot was officially Reginald the Airsack.
    Well, see, there was limited room for beds...and Reginald the Airsack needed a place to stay. So Squeal, out of the goodness of his heart let him share a bed with him. There IS the issue of Reginald being a fish, and the no water thing and all....but psssh. Details. And so the undersea base mascot was officially Reginald the Airsack.

Ah okay hahaha, thanks for explaining. What a nice lad. :smile:
  • BCDravenBCDraven SC Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218819Members
    I've been patiently awaiting the update, I hope it's soon but there's still plenty to do in the game until then. It's been a fun journey so far none the less. The bugs, well...that's just something you have to deal with for now. Just remember to save a lot! Especially if you go to the mushroom biome. I'd rather the dev's take their time and get it right then just push something out for the sake of it...imo.
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USA Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Members
    What I don't understand is why PC user feels the need to troll the XBOX forums ! If you aren't on the dev team or don't play on XBOX, or even use a console why are you always responding to everybody else posts ? Do you get paid per vowel or something ? It's called trolling, mate.
    Guys...I can cheer everyone up. I....have found.....BIGFOOT!
    1RoMo1 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why PC user feels the need to troll the XBOX forums ! If you aren't on the dev team or don't play on XBOX, or even use a console why are you always responding to everybody else posts ? Do you get paid per vowel or something ? It's called trolling, mate.

It's because when a Dev writes a comment it comes up at the top of the forum and is basically highlighted. I suppose people get curious and look at what the Devs are saying and what not. Then, they see some of the comments and get involved. Also, I don't really see anyone trolling? Some of us are answering your questions along with the Devs and before you ask, yes, what happens here affects PC as well, such as the experimental mode now having been merged with the XBOX branch for the upcoming updates. We are all here for one purpose, to enjoy Subnuatica, so I see no need to discriminate XBOX players from the PC players, we are all here to have a good time. I have been answering peoples' questions as a PC user (questions that were already answered) and have tried my best to make it a happy and enjoyable place for the community. Lastly, I'm also notified when someone comments on this thread as per my notification settings. Please look at the forum rules; we are all here for enjoyment. :blush:
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
    edited June 2016

you can't blame people for getting angrier then others we all deal with stuff differently and you don't release something months behind from what you have right now on PC clearly knowing in what state the game was back then and people need to stop with the " Its a game preview '' please don't take me for a moron....but i don't call the shots so yeah some people might feel deception and duped and that can make people say really bad stuff, look at the trailer for instance , that's not from Xbox One and not in the State the game is right now.

anyways can't blame people for acting differently then you because we all receive and feel things differently but of course you can try and stay polite but sometimes anger makes things move quicker......
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    edited June 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Myself and the playtesting team have been testing the merged Xbox branch intensely. While we did find some pretty big bugs, the awesome Max fixed those quickly and we're close to sending it off for Certification. The reason we've been testing and re-testing it a lot is that if it fails certification, then you guys have to likely wait another week on top (after we fix whatever issue Microsoft found, and issues can take days to fix sometimes). We'd much rather take a bit longer to try and make sure we pass certification.

Thanks everyone playing on Xbox and your patience. You'll be getting a Reaper-Sized update soon! :smile:

since the merger i must say i was finally able to play the game since the first 8 saves .. had to do a new save under survival did not bui
    @nanonoob

your better off buying it for steam as the devs are faster at putting out fixes and updates for the steam version of the game

I had thought we'd explained the situation pretty clearly already in this thread. As has been stated several times now, the long delay in the first Xbox One update is due to the large task of merging both Xbox and PC versions, once and for all. Now that it is almost done, it looks like all future updates will be much more in sync, with simultaneous releases on Xbox and Steam. With the only difference being the certification process on Xbox, which can take up to a week after we have a release candidate of the update.

There's a difference between Legitimate Complaints and complaining because you can. if you are going to complain, at the very goddamn least do it in a civil tone.

Here's the Jig: You'll complain if it's broken when it comes out, and you'll complain if they take time to fix the Xbone exclusive bugs before they release the patch. So UWE is in a No-Win Situation.

~AurOn2

You don't seem to get it do you?
    i'll be blunt, cut the bullshit, or get out. You're annoying not just me, but other Forumgoers.
    also, questioning moderator activity when you've already put yourself on the watchlist is a surefire way to be banned.

~AurOn2
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    So...but random...but Australian people really say mate a lot? It's not some stereotypical thing?

they also say C rhymes with bunt alot to.. especially when they are playing COD
    Well now. Ain't we a happy friggin ray of sunshine? :p
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    hey mod i dont go doing what you do.. if i cared how a mod felt i would ask... u dont scare me none.. all i know is i paid 19.99 for the game preview.. for the children who play and post on here.. fyi! for most people that 1 hour of work... that 1/10 hours i worked in a day to buy the game preview that doesnt work half of the time.. i can complain how i want and when i want.. its called free speech... if you dont believe me here is the definition to free speech another term for freedom of speech... freedom of speech; plural noun: freedom of speeches; noun: free speech; plural noun: free speeches the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.... like it love it and get off me about it

Hate to break it to you, but freedom of speech does not mean "to express any opinions without censorship or restraint". It means that you can say what you want and not be thrown in jail for it, and that can still happen in case of slander or hate speech. That's not relevant here, but freedom of speech does not mean what you say it means.
    edited June 2016
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    hey mod i dont go doing what you do.. if i cared how a mod felt i would ask... u dont scare me none.. all i know is i paid 19.99 for the game preview.. for the children who play and post on here.. fyi! for most people that 1 hour of work... that 1/10 hours i worked in a day to buy the game preview that doesnt work half of the time.. i can complain how i want and when i want.. its called free speech... if you dont believe me here is the definition to free speech another term for freedom of speech... freedom of speech; plural noun: freedom of speeches; noun: free speech; plural noun: free speeches the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.... like it love it and get off me about it

Hate to break it to you, but freedom of speech does not mean "to express any opinions without censorship or restraint". It means that you can say what you want and not be thrown in jail for it, and that can still happen in case of slander or hate speech. That's not relevant here, but freedom of speech does not mean what you say it means.

oh im sorry i tried the easy words way.. but if you want to be technical.. the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference, subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion, etc.

since im not breaking against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion, etc. .. im pretty much doing what i said in the first place.. but hey what do i know right... *sigh*
  • Redninja5901Redninja5901 usa Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218799Members
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Myself and the playtesting team have been testing the merged Xbox branch intensely. While we did find some pretty big bugs, the awesome Max fixed those quickly and we're close to sending it off for Certification. The reason we've been testing and re-testing it a lot is that if it fails certification, then you guys have to likely wait another week on top (after we fix whatever issue Microsoft found, and issues can take days to fix sometimes). We'd much rather take a bit longer to try and make sure we pass certification.

Thanks everyone playing on Xbox and your patience. You'll be getting a Reaper-Sized update soon! :smile:

since the merger i must say i was finally able to play the game since the first 8 saves .. had to do a new save under survival did not bui
    @nanonoob

your better off buying it for steam as the devs are faster at putting out fixes and updates for the steam version of the game

I had thought we'd explained the situation pretty clearly already in this thread. As has been stated several times now, the long delay in the first Xbox One update is due to the large task of merging both Xbox and PC versions, once and for all. Now that it is almost done, it looks like all future updates will be much more in sync, with simultaneous releases on Xbox and Steam. With the only difference being the certification process on Xbox, which can take up to a week after we have a release candidate of the update.

There's a difference between Legitimate Complaints and complaining because you can. if you are going to complain, at the very goddamn least do it in a civil tone.

Here's the Jig: You'll complain if it's broken when it comes out, and you'll complain if they take time to fix the Xbone exclusive bugs before they release the patch. So UWE is in a No-Win Situation.

~AurOn2

hey mod i dont go doing what you do.. if i cared how a mod felt i would ask... u dont scare me none.. all i know is i paid 19.99 for the game preview.. for the children who play and post on here.. fyi! for most people that 1 hour of work... that 1/10 hours i worked in a day to buy the game preview that doesnt work half of the time.. i can complain how i want and when i want.. its called free speech... if you dont believe me here is the definition to free speech another term for freedom of speech... freedom of speech; plural noun: freedom of speeches; noun: free speech; plural noun: free speeches the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference, subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion, etc. .... like it love it and get off me about it

Yes you are entitled to complain about the game your fault for not knowing what you're getting into what we don't like and what you don't need to do is the blatantly disrespectful tone that you talk to everybody that is why everybody is putting you out
    #patienceisabeautifulthingwhichisrare
    edited June 2016
    netto wrote: »

you can't blame people for getting angrier then others we all deal with stuff differently and you don't release something months behind from what you have right now on PC clearly knowing in what state the game was back then and people need to stop with the " Its a game preview '' please don't take me for a moron....but i don't call the shots so yeah some people might feel deception and duped and that can make people say really bad stuff, look at the trailer for instance , that's not from Xbox One and not in the State the game is right now.

anyways can't blame people for acting differently then you because we all receive and feel things differently but of course you can try and stay polite but sometimes anger makes things move quicker......

Yes agreed the video could be misleading and some people don't know what previews are I fully understand that. I could care less about people complaining or being angry about that but I don't like as I stated before is the blatant disrespect see above my comment right above @HYBRID1313 and you'll see what I mean
    'Right above this one?!'
    Wow, much disrespect to patience :(
    'Right above this one?!'

You posted right as I was posting that just saw that you're above me now going to edit LOL
    'Right above this one?!'

You posted right as I was posting that just saw that you're above me now going to edit LOL

Hahaha yea I figured, just messing with you, but aside from that I completely agree with what you are saying. :)
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Hi dev team i understand there is alot you have to do to convert so ive been trying my best to not complain but have not seen in the development tracking site you habe listed here any info to the machinary update just some none specified xbox trailer and 1 other none specified wish you guys would have it listed there your progress you guys game is good but this no info thing except promises is making womder if my money was well spent no offense :/ still waiting patiently but if it takes another month im gonna have to complain to xbox due to it showing work on it being what would seem to me at that point tossed out the door again nothimg against you guys
This discussion has been closed.