WHEN IS THE UPDATE!

2456

Comments

  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Perhaps it might be worth occasionally visiting Trello to see what the devs are up to to feel reassured?

    Aside from "Check out base-building constraints for XB1" under Backlog and two cards of "XBox Trailer" under To Do, there is nothing on the development Trello about the Xbox version of the game, unless I am totally missing something.
    Trollolol07
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut HabitatMembers Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Posts: 1,091 Advanced user
    woops wrote: »
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Perhaps it might be worth occasionally visiting Trello to see what the devs are up to to feel reassured?

    Aside from "Check out base-building constraints for XB1" under Backlog and two cards of "XBox Trailer" under To Do, there is nothing on the development Trello about the Xbox version of the game, unless I am totally missing something.

    Playtesting and Bugfixing have recent material, mostly with specifically XB1 stuff as far as I can see. But that is a bit besides the point of in general having something to show that the devs are working.
    woops
  • EverReddyEverReddy UKMembers Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Posts: 206 Advanced user
    woops wrote: »
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Perhaps it might be worth occasionally visiting Trello to see what the devs are up to to feel reassured?

    Aside from "Check out base-building constraints for XB1" under Backlog and two cards of "XBox Trailer" under To Do, there is nothing on the development Trello about the Xbox version of the game, unless I am totally missing something.

    As I understand it, the impending update for the Xbox One should bring us level (or at least very close to) that of the PC at which point the development path for each will be the same, making separate cards for each version pointless.
    Would rather lose by an inch than win by a mile. If you have to win to have fun, you've already lost.

    Member of Gamers Respawn - Mature gaming community for gamers aged 21+. We are a friendly bunch who like to have a laugh, chat about gaming, share banter and game together when we can. If you are bored of gaming alone feel free to check out our forums and say hello at www.gamersrespawn.co.uk
    woops
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for those links, literally didn't know those other Trello pages existed. So according to the bugfixing Trello it looks like they started testing the update yesterday, which means it hasn't been submitted to MS for cert yet.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut HabitatMembers Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Posts: 1,091 Advanced user
    woops wrote: »
    Thanks for those links, literally didn't know those other Trello pages existed. So according to the bugfixing Trello it looks like they started testing the update yesterday, which means it hasn't been submitted to MS for cert yet.

    To assure myself you have the full picture then, here's the general UWE Trello. You can reach it from any section page by clicking "Unknown Worlds" and then "View team page". Not all Subnautica sections are still relevant, but there's still some six worth a view once in a while.

    It's possible those bugs are discovered later or less urgent to fix than the deadline for the update to make, so they don't have to have any meaning to the state of the update. All the same, I don't think it's unreasonable to presume the update isn't finished yet. It's my guess the XB1 update will be delayed a little because the PC updates currently are too and they don't even have to pass the MS checklist.
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    EverReddy wrote: »
    As I understand it, the impending update for the Xbox One should bring us level (or at least very close to) that of the PC at which point the development path for each will be the same, making separate cards for each version pointless.

    I assumed that, and I get that the team might be a little more focused on finishing the actual patch rather than constantly updating Trello and posting in every "BUT WHERES TEH UPDATE :'( " thread. But with all of the hubub on the forums, don't you think there could be just a teeny tiny little bit more clarification on what's going on on the Xbox side? PC side has the experimental builds, and I understand that there is no way that something like that could come to Xbox (and that it's not in UWE's power either way), at least PC players get a little bit more to go on than posts from forum regulars saying "the next update "MIGHT" bring Xbox up to date with PC, "SHOULD" fix all the bugs," etc. (you're doing an awesome job by the way, @EverReddy ).

    Have they even posted an official bug list they are working on for this patch, aside from @Flayra posting "We're on it" almost a month ago in the Bugs on Xbox thread? Like, are all of those bugs getting patched? Half? A third? Two or three?

    I've played early access games on PC and on console, and I understand that these aren't large teams that have people dedicated to constant outreach with the playerbase. But the Xbox client has been available for almost a month, and while the PC side has had an update and a sneak peek at what's coming next since then, everything regarding the Xbox update has been the same - the splash page announcement on the main menu in game is the same, the Xbox twitter has posted an email signup page and, "soon," the forums are full of "soon, seriously, soon, soon soon soon, there's gonna be a patch with, uh, some stuff," and the Trello links @DrownedOut shared show some new bugs that are popping up from testing this patch, but no specifics on what is in the patch.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    All the same, I don't think it's unreasonable to presume the update isn't finished yet. It's my guess the XB1 update will be delayed a little because the PC updates currently are too and they don't even have to pass the MS checklist.

    This is the kind of communication I'd like from the team - a bit more balance between "soon" and "here are the full patch notes and the date and time the update will be shipped." And I realize that if all goes according to (what I think is) the plan, there won't be need for dual channels of communication, because the Xbox and PC clients will be on the same update schedule. But right now it's a little annoying.
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USAMembers Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Posts: 13 Fully active user
    The Subnautica DEVS don't even bother to update the XBOX feed on the game hub. What does that tell us about the priority of the XBOX release and patch ???

    I think the blank page tells us all we need to know....
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    1RoMo1 wrote: »
    The Subnautica DEVS don't even bother to update the XBOX feed on the game hub.

    To be fair, there are plenty of developers that don't post stuff to the feed on their Game Hub, especially for multi-platform games.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 AustraliaMembers Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Posts: 332 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    *Just realised there was a second page and that I only saw the first page's comments, feel free to ignore this comment; I'm sure what I've said has already been said :P*

    the game has been out 1 month tomorrow there has already been an update for PC but not for Xbox... i cant even load my world at this point without the FPS dropping to where the game crashes or freezes... i have 4 seamoths and 2 cyclops incase some break from depth or what have you and 8 exterior plant beds filled with with bi seeds for the bioreactor and my pod surrounded at top of the water so it does not go off into the distance and disappear on me again which all this adds to the dropped frame rate but still 1 month and no bug fixes... but yet pc gets add ons and what not already... no wonder people are complaining for xbox.. i am almost at the point where i cant even play the preview and want a damn refund ... why pay for something i cant even play... fix it dev's or youll end up losing the fan base on console .. granted your not wildcard studios who puts out an update for fixes and new content every month like ark but still you would think you would want that kind of fan base... not going to get that if people cant stay in your game!.. just a thought.. im out..

    The reason why the PC was updated in that month is because the update was already in the works the month before and like こうじ_さん said, updates can be shipped to PC with greater ease. That being said, the Devs are now prioritising the Xbox update and they only got back from their vacation a few days ago; it won't be too much longer.
    Also, if you think the current game-state is bad, I would have loved to see you play when the game had first come out on PC. The game has improved drastically since then and it is still improving at a great pace today, Xbox shouldn't be too far behind :smile:
    Now, not to annoy you, this is just for me, but I'm going to fix your grammar:
    the game has been out 1 month tomorrow there has already been an update for PC but not for Xbox... i cant even load my world at this point without the FPS dropping to where the game crashes or freezes... i have 4 seamoths and 2 cyclops incase some break from depth or what have you and 8 exterior plant beds filled with with bi seeds for the bioreactor and my pod surrounded at top of the water so it does not go off into the distance and disappear on me again which all this adds to the dropped frame rate but still 1 month and no bug fixes... but yet pc gets add ons and what not already... no wonder people are complaining for xbox.. i am almost at the point where i cant even play the preview and want a damn refund ... why pay for something i cant even play... fix it dev's or youll end up losing the fan base on console .. granted your not wildcard studios who puts out an update for fixes and new content every month like ark but still you would think you would want that kind of fan base... not going to get that if people cant stay in your game!.. just a thought.. im out..

    The* game has been out (for)* 1 month (by)* tomorrow - Actually I just realised how much work that is, nevermind. :P
    kenticwolfpackRezca
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USAMembers Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Posts: 13 Fully active user
    I knew what I signed up for when I bought it. Some games in the preview program make it, some don't. Hopefully Subnautica starts to get the DEV support it deserves. It's a fantastic concept for a game and shows huge potential .But as it stands now , it's no more than a pay to play demo.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UKMembers Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Posts: 206 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    woops wrote: »
    (you're doing an awesome job by the way, @EverReddy ).

    Have they even posted an official bug list they are working on for this patch, aside from @Flayra posting "We're on it" almost a month ago in the Bugs on Xbox thread? Like, are all of those bugs getting patched? Half? A third? Two or three?

    Cheers matey! :)

    I do my best to keep an eye out for all the latest posts form the Devs and update the FAQ with any that seem particularly pertinent. The last comment on the update was on the 13th and on the 1st June Obraxis mentioned that there will be over 350 bug fixes, which I admit is not a detailed list, but I imagine most of the major issues we're having now should (yeah, I know :wink:) be sorted.
    Would rather lose by an inch than win by a mile. If you have to win to have fun, you've already lost.

    Member of Gamers Respawn - Mature gaming community for gamers aged 21+. We are a friendly bunch who like to have a laugh, chat about gaming, share banter and game together when we can. If you are bored of gaming alone feel free to check out our forums and say hello at www.gamersrespawn.co.uk
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    Yeah, I did see that. Not that this is confirmation, but I was doing some digging yesterday for more info, and @Flayra responded to someone on Twitter that there won't be any change log because there's "waaay too many" changes.
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New JerseyMembers Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Posts: 38 Fully active user
    u can give me excuses all u want for what the devs did but in the eyes of xbox users we see we arent priority.. the devs need to show us and tell us differently anyone can say the xbox update is priority.. well until i can play the game i can say and plainly see it is not true 2 weeks after xbox version was released pc got an addition to the game and fixes we got a big fu .. enough said
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    u can give me excuses all u want for what the devs did but in the eyes of xbox users we see we arent priority.. the devs need to show us and tell us differently anyone can say the xbox update is priority.. well until i can play the game i can say and plainly see it is not true 2 weeks after xbox version was released pc got an addition to the game and fixes we got a big fu .. enough said

    Those fixed are tested on the experimental branch of the game and then pushed onto the main branch. The reason Xbone doesn't have experimental, because they can push out patches on PC when they want, while on Microsoft's platform this is not the case and has to go through that approval program


    Mind you, those bugfixes might not even be compatible with the current version on Xbone, Like they said, they are working on creating one main branch... Which they can work on and push onto their respective update branches (console and PC).

    But PC will probably have more small patches in between main content patches in any case. Mainly because they can actually have an experimental branch on Steam and push those small patches out much more fluidly. The Microsoft process is simply another creature entirely

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    u can give me excuses all u want for what the devs did but in the eyes of xbox users we see we arent priority.. the devs need to show us and tell us differently anyone can say the xbox update is priority.. well until i can play the game i can say and plainly see it is not true 2 weeks after xbox version was released pc got an addition to the game and fixes we got a big fu .. enough said

    Those fixed are tested on the experimental branch of the game and then pushed onto the main branch. The reason Xbone doesn't have experimental, because they can push out patches on PC when they want, while on Microsoft's platform this is not the case and has to go through that approval program


    Mind you, those bugfixes might not even be compatible with the current version on Xbone, Like they said, they are working on creating one main branch... Which they can work on and push onto their respective update branches (console and PC).

    But PC will probably have more small patches in between main content patches in any case. Mainly because they can actually have an experimental branch on Steam and push those small patches out much more fluidly. The Microsoft process is simply another creature entirely

    I'm pretty sure @itsspartan313 was referring to the Power Nap update releasing on PC before the Xbox update was published.

    Either way, at the pace these guys seem to work, I find it hard to believe they cranked out an entire update for PC in the two weeks between the Xbox release and the release of the Power Nap update on PC. I mean, clearly they had been working on it ahead of time. And I get why they don't want to give out dates, because they are usually wrong about it.

    That said, I don't think it's wrong to be frustrated, as if you're not digging through the forums and Trello and the occasional month old twitter post, I totally get how it could look like they flat out forgot about the Xbox version. But, personally, I wouldn't say they are giving us "a big fu" unless they did something like release another major content update on the PC version before giving anything to us on Xbox.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    I have no beef with the frustrations up in here, I just would love to see them directed at the devs WITH context :D

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

    woops
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 AlabamaMembers Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Posts: 32 Fully active user
    Hey guys. I'm a bit new to the forum here, but I've been reading through your posts and I've noticed a ton of negative posts. Personally, I'm impatient, and am dying for the update on a game like this due to the sheer amount of fun I've had with it. However, we don't really have any choice but to wait. I would like to share a different point of view though. I can understand if the Xbox community isn't a priority yet. The developers are still testing the waters :p. They're investing time and money into something that they don't even know is a good investment. Like I said, just a different approach to all this.
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    I can understand if the Xbox community isn't a priority yet. The developers are still testing the waters :p. They're investing time and money into something that they don't even know is a good investment.

    I get your point, but the devs have said that the goal is to have both versions more or less in line with one another (so that content updates come out for PC and Xbox at roughly the same time). A lot of the negativity has come from the PC version getting a content update (the Power Nap Update) before the Xbox version has been made current. Even though this was just sort of how things worked out, and in no way was meant as a deliberate slight towards Xbox users, it still rubbed people the wrong way that new content got pushed out to one version of the game while there has been pretty much total radio silence in regard to the status of the Xbox update.

    Regardless, you are right in that patience is the only real option - aside from this simply being the nature of Early Access games, there are numerous reasons as to why the two versions will never be 100% in line - even if the updates were set to be published simultaneously, Microsoft has a certification process for all games and updates, which will delay it getting into users hands and prevents UWE from pushing out frequent, smaller bug fixes.

    I think most (if not all) of the people here will be happy once a) we actually get a progress update a bit more detailed than "we're working on it, it's gonna be yuge," or b) the update is in Microsoft's hands for cert.

    Unless the patch ends up not fixing some of the more pressing issues in the Xbox build (i.e. framerate). In that case, all we can do is stock up on popcorn and watch the show. :p
    Trollolol07
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 AlabamaMembers Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Posts: 32 Fully active user
    edited June 2016
    I agree that there would be a lot more satisfied people with more frequent updates, or developer input. Something like "How bout it woops? Weather good? That's nice...OH and btw, just finished play testing and it's gonna be on the way for certification after a few tweaks Now gimme the rest of your patience popcorn." And who doesn't like popcorn?! :p
    Trollolol07
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
    I agree that there would be a lot more satisfied people with more frequent updates, or developer input. Something like "How bout it woops? Weather good? That's nice...OH and btw, just finished play testing and it's gonna be on the way for certification after a few tweaks Now gimme the rest of your patience popcorn." And who doesn't like popcorn?! :p

    giphy.gif

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

    njohnson1448Trollolol07HYBRID1313dargan012
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 AlabamaMembers Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Posts: 32 Fully active user
    ITS LITTLE MICHAEL!!! And to Squeal, Awesome man. So....any chance for a working maid robot thing in said update, cause turns out the player character is a bit of a slob....empty water bottles...old fish bones...and don't even get me STARTED on the toilet issue...
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut HabitatMembers Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Posts: 1,091 Advanced user
    edited June 2016
    Okay, not to make this a selfpity party, but as an owner of the PC version of Subnautica, let me tell the nega-portion of the XB1 crowd a story.

    I bought Subnautica several months ago after a long period of not being able to afford such distraction. I was stoked to finally play it myself and guess what? I couldn't. I'd expected I'd have to do updating, but I had miscalculated on the 64bit-only part, which my computer wasn't. That meant I had to reinstall my PC.

    Did you know Subnautica originally was 32bit supported too? And that the devs changed that after a while because they couldn't make the game they envisioned with standards that were becoming outdated? Suddenly, quite a few fans couldn't play anymore. The final form of the 32bit version stayed up a while longer, but has by now long been booted. So please reconsider any "PC's got priority" claims when there's this history to look back on and XB1 hasn't even been around long enough to have a history.

    Reinstalling was acceptable to me, but it still took me some two months before I had sorted all my data into keepers and acceptable losses. After that came the hassle of restoring my files/settings and getting the videocard to work. First the game launched but only as a pink screen, then another was tried but that one didn't work at all, and then for a reason I don't recall the first videocard was tried again and then it suddenly did work. Still have to accept lowest settings while hoping my setup doesn't overheat. It kinda is wry then, when the devs make remarks like "This video will probably be used on the Steam, Xbox Preview Program, and Oculus storefronts. Because of this, we filmed it on medium graphics settings and at 1280 x 720 resolution. That way, we won’t oversell Subnautica’s graphics on other platforms." I wish I could get graphics like that. How's that for all priorities and considerations going to PC?

    When you pick a console version of a game, you pick the comfort of not having to worry if your platform can handle whatever you buy for it. PC is more versatile, but comes with worries of keeping up. With the way Subnautica has grown, PC people have had to keep up. I've seen one person who claimed not to be able to play anymore after the Power Nap update. Meanwhile, all the XB1 crowd has to do is sit on the butt for a few days more than estimated while the devs attend the game's compatibility with specifically the XB1. I wish that'd work for me too.

    At this point, if you keep insisting something's fishy about the PC getting an update two weeks after the XB1 launch, which I'll add the devs didn't announce until a day in advance because they wanted to be absolutely sure of the launch date, you're consciously being untruthful. Enough people have explained how that's not odd at all and for what it's worth I have a hunch the Power Nap update was rushed, likely then in order to make the deadline and not eat up XB1 time. If so, I am fine with that because I love this game and want it to be available to as many people as possible for the same experience. So, like, rather than go tinfoil hat, maybe just give the devs some space to work without the added stress? Seems to me like the max profit option for all of us. I promise, there'll be enough time to complain after "soon" if the update doesn't drop then.
    Post edited by DrownedOut on
    Trollolol07Rezca
  • nettonetto canadaMembers Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Posts: 18 Fully active user
    We understand people are anxious to get the big Xbox update, and we are just as anxious to get it out to you. We wish we could give you more information, but honestly all we are able to say is that we are working hard on getting it ready. We test it, bugs and issues show up, and then we need to spend some additional time fixing those.

    This initial phase has been quite complicated. As we've explained before, the Xbox One version was developed in a totally separate branch from the PC version. We are now combining them all into 1 main version, but that is not a quick and easy task by any means. The PC version had months of bug fixes and features added, some of which caused issues with the Xbox version, or actually reduced performance in some cases, which we've needed to sort out. We want to make sure the version we put out is an improvement all across the board and not a step back in any way.

    Conversely, the Xbox One branch brought changes that affect the PC version, as well. It brings a lot of improvements to the PC version, such as controller support, but we also need to make sure we aren't introducing new issues to the PC version when we release the merged version of the game.

    The Xbox version is very much a focus of our attention at the moment, and we have people solely working on it. That said, we still need to keep development of the core game rolling, as everything we are adding will benefit both the Xbox and PC. So, yes, we did release the new Power Nap update for the PC recently, but that is also rolled into the Xbox version now, and will go out with the upcoming update. And from this point forward, everything will be much more aligned, with almost simultaneous update releases on both platforms (with some lag time due to Microsoft requiring the Xbox version to go through a certification process that the Steam version doesn't need to do).

    But, I promise, we are very close to getting this update out the door. We've been putting it through some rigorous testing, and fixed a ton of bugs, and things are looking good, so it won't be much longer. Thanks for your patience.

    Hi! its me! i'm here lurking dev notes since day one purchase on XB1 Haven't played since day one too waiting for when i will be able to enjoy the game but i have to say this is a love / hate relationship lol.... but you guys have all my support no rush just make it run smoothly.

    Thanks for the updates i can understand the stress you guys must have of seeing the same post everyday lol but just the "hey we are working on it" from you guys makes a big difference and is appreciated.
    DrownedOut
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    I'll never understand the need for PC players to incessantly patronize us lowly console gamers, and normally I'd just disagree/downvote and move on, but this:
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    At this point, if you keep insisting something's fishy about the PC getting an update two weeks after the XB1 launch, which I'll add the devs didn't announce until a day in advance because they wanted to be absolutely sure of the launch date, you're consciously being untruthful.
    is absolutely, 100% incorrect. There are 3 posts on the blog about the Xbox launch:
    From Subnautica XBox One Release Date, posted "3 months ago":
    Subnautica is coming to XBox One’s ‘Preview Program’ on April 1st, 2016 some time around mid 2016, or possibly earlier.
    . . .
    We originally planned to release on April 1st, but haven’t been able to hit that goal.
    From When will Subnautica be released on xbox one?, posted "2 months ago":
    Subnautica will release on Xbox One some time around mid 2016.
    The third is the link you posted, Subnautica Xbox Preview Releases on 17 May, which, as you said, was posted a day in advance of launch. I don't believe your post was directed at me, but if you're going to come in and accuse people of lying (or, excuse me, "consciously being untruthful"), the least you could have done is gotten your own facts straight, especially when you consider said facts come from the very website you're posting on.
    bluegreenash
  • nanonoobnanonoob Members Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211315Posts: 17 Advanced user
    @woops how do i buy this game? Is it on steam?
  • woopswoops Members Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Posts: 43 Advanced user
    nanonoob wrote: »
    @woops how do i buy this game? Is it on steam?
    what's steam, is that like origin?
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 AlabamaMembers Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Posts: 32 Fully active user
    Not sure of they're similar, but it's on steam for sure. Xbox one version will be in the Xbox store.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut HabitatMembers Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Posts: 1,091 Advanced user
    woops wrote: »
    I'll never understand the need for PC players to incessantly patronize us lowly console gamers, and normally I'd just disagree/downvote and move on, but this:
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    At this point, if you keep insisting something's fishy about the PC getting an update two weeks after the XB1 launch, which I'll add the devs didn't announce until a day in advance because they wanted to be absolutely sure of the launch date, you're consciously being untruthful.
    is absolutely, 100% incorrect. There are 3 posts on the blog about the Xbox launch:
    From Subnautica XBox One Release Date, posted "3 months ago":
    Subnautica is coming to XBox One’s ‘Preview Program’ on April 1st, 2016 some time around mid 2016, or possibly earlier.
    . . .
    We originally planned to release on April 1st, but haven’t been able to hit that goal.
    From When will Subnautica be released on xbox one?, posted "2 months ago":
    Subnautica will release on Xbox One some time around mid 2016.
    The third is the link you posted, Subnautica Xbox Preview Releases on 17 May, which, as you said, was posted a day in advance of launch. I don't believe your post was directed at me, but if you're going to come in and accuse people of lying (or, excuse me, "consciously being untruthful"), the least you could have done is gotten your own facts straight, especially when you consider said facts come from the very website you're posting on.

    I am not a "PC player" and did my best to avoid giving that impression with "owner of the PC version of Subnautica". What I meant to convey was that I speak from the perspective of someone who specifically owns Subnautica for PC so for that reason speaks here from a PC perspective, not because I have any general PC favoritism. Like, I own about half of Nintendo's platforms and I strongly favor controllers over keyboard. The fact that I had to do so much catching up to be able to even play Subnautica also is something I hoped would communicate I am not a "PC player". I apologize for giving the wrong vibe still.

    And, yes, my post wasn't directed at you. You've been nothing but reasonable.

    For further clarification, I was speaking about the last-minute announcement of a specific date for the launch to compare to the current situation that the devs aren't giving a specific date for the XB1 update. There's already been promises in the past that couldn't be kept, so these days there's only non-definite talk like "around mid 2016", which in the comparison I meant to make is the equivalent of "soon". What I'm trying to say is that the lack of clear information isn't new and isn't without fair reason. I do think from this as my intended argument, I am not "100% incorrect".
This discussion has been closed.