WHEN IS THE UPDATE!

Kingwolf2016Kingwolf2016 Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217690Members
There is no rush but it's been forever and all were getting is riddles from the riddlers, we need the date PLEASE!!!!!!!

Comments

• FrogmanFreemanFrogmanFreeman US Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217626Members
    edited June 2016
    I thought there will be an update today.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    edited June 2016
    Please take a look through the forum before making posts like this as this question gets asked (and answered) pretty much every other day, which does nothing but clutter up the forum with post after post asking the same question. There's also the FAQ which is pinned at the top of the Xbox One section which was specifically designed to answer such Frequently Asked Questions (funnily enough) and contains all the latest answers from the developers.

I imagine the day they tell us will be the day it's released though, as they don't want to commit in advance and then disappoint if they can't hit that deadline.

And the only thing due to launch today is the devs on their flights home from their week long break.
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    The update is confirmed for 2017 :trollface:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2016
    Mini_Gaara wrote: »
    The update is confirmed for 2017 :trollface:

I heard the game got cancelled J/K
  • killenjokekillenjoke Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 216997Members
    edited June 2016
    I think the update comes out tomorrow, but they had to hold back the light sabers, underwater Giant Mechs(which aren't even underwater they're so big) and Kaiju. sorry.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'd take a Gundam over a Jaeger anytime. They are in a completely different league of course, but hey :D
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    This thread is becoming bullshit, but after all, the beginning question was stupid ;)
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    This thread is becoming bullshit, but after all, the beginning question was stupid ;)

Anyone up for a sweepstake? How long until the next 'When is the next update?' pops up? ;)
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    EverReddy wrote: »

Anyone up for a sweepstake? How long until the next 'When is the next update?' pops up? ;)

Oh, if there is no one tomorrow, this is a miracle
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    I know it's a bit irritating but there are going to be a lot of forum noobs directed here from the game, console players with little or no forum experience, so just accept it as part of the learning curve for all, players AND developers bringing pc games to consoles in general and Xbox preview in particular.
    taffman66 wrote: »
    I know it's a bit irritating but there are going to be a lot of forum noobs directed here from the game, console players with little or no forum experience, so just accept it as part of the learning curve for all, players AND developers bringing pc games to consoles in general and Xbox preview in particular.

Don't worry, we're just trolling :)
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
    Patiently waiting they can take one more month for me if it just plays smoothly.
  • Kingwolf2016Kingwolf2016 Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217690Members
    Yes thank you for letting us know!! + why were you guys in retreat?
    edited June 2016
    Yes thank you for letting us know!! + why were you guys in retreat?

Sometimes you have to retreat your forces (developers), reposition (recharge) and plan your next offensive (content patch/bugfixes)
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @Kingwolf2016 Come on dude, everybody needs a break there and then. Anyway, it was also a good opportunity for all of them to finally meet in person as they all live in different parts of the world.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    JESUS! Xbox people are so impatient! Beginning to think that the Devs made a mistake porting Subnautica to Xbox >:(
    The Devs have lives.
    We can do without the young and sulking Xbox fans :/
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    edited June 2016
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    JESUS! Xbox people are so impatient! Beginning to think that the Devs made a mistake porting Subnautica to Xbox >:(
    The Devs have lives.

oh im sorry where you released an older version of the game to where you glitch through your world to where u get stuck and are only able to run under water as the game thinks your above water... or better yet where you paid 19.99 for a game preview that is considerably less then the game preview for Ark but atleast in ark they do updates once a month if not more we just want a working game preview for a good game where like other games steam is ahead of the game and console users are left in the dust per the norm to steam games going on consoles more then 80% of the current features for xbox dont even work as the FPS drops to much game crashes to much and farming and collecting the fragments are insanely hard since everything is glitching.. so yes we are impatient cuz we want to play the dam game..
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    There are good people here patiently waiting for a game we see great potential in as well but you'll hear less from us than the whiners lol. Great game, happy to wait for quality and thanks for letting us in early.... sorry for the mob of trolls xbox community brings but we wont all cry at once.
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    The Devs have lives.

oh im sorry where you released an older version of the game to where you glitch through your world to where u get stuck and are only able to run under water as the game thinks your above water... or better yet where you paid 19.99 for a game preview that is considerably less then the game preview for Ark but atleast in ark they do updates once a month if not more we just want a working game preview for a good game where like other games steam is ahead of the game and console users are left in the dust per the norm to steam games going on consoles more then 80% of the current features for xbox dont even work as the FPS drops to much game crashes to much and farming and collecting the fragments are insanely hard since everything is glitching.. so yes we are impatient cuz we want to play the dam game..

This game is it is not full price and there was a waring befor you got this ver that it was not up to par or far as the pc ver. The game has along road ahead of it. Just think we could have no game. And if you piss the dev off they could not do anything with the xbox ver and only focus on the pc ver. DEAL WITH IT!!! We will get the update when they send it or do you want the updated ver to be the same as this one???
  • Kingwolf2016Kingwolf2016 Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217690Members
    @Kingwolf2016 Come on dude, everybody needs a break there and then. Anyway, it was also a good opportunity for all of them to finally meet in person as they all live in different parts of the world.

Yeah I know I was just wondering
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usa Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Members
    It's not just the Xbox one players that act up. I have a Gaming Pc the Pc plaryers cry just as much. Just look at the Blizzard forums. I want this game to do good but it won't if we start a Pc Vs Console wars here.
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    There are good people here patiently waiting for a game we see great potential in as well but you'll hear less from us than the whiners lol...

Story of humanity, people who enjoy a product usually don't end up going online to post about it
    I know what I said was a little rash, but the point is it is early access. The Devs can't make it any clearer than they already do.
    There are good people here patiently waiting for a game we see great potential in as well but you'll hear less from us than the whiners lol. Great game, happy to wait for quality and thanks for letting us in early.... sorry for the mob of trolls xbox community brings but we wont all cry at once.

Yeah, thanks to those that do and I'm not saying all of the Xbox community is bad, it just seems like there's a greater chance of whinging when it comes to the Xbox fans. It just annoyed me to see the Devs getting back from a retreat to whinging people, that's all. Shout out for being one of the people who are actually patient :)
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    edited June 2016
    I know what I said was a little rash, but the point is it is early access. The Devs can't make it any clearer than they already do.

Yeah, thanks to those that do and I'm not saying all of the Xbox community is bad, it just seems like there's a greater chance of whinging when it comes to the Xbox fans. It just annoyed me to see the Devs getting back from a retreat to whinging people, that's all. Shout out for being one of the people who are actually patient :)

This is the Xbox section ur on pc what u doing in pur section go away solves ur problem

This is the Xbox section ur on pc what u doing in pur section go away solves ur problem

(,)* you're* PC* (.)* (What)* (are)* you* our* (?)* Go* (it)* you're* (.)*
    :P
    edited June 2016

(,)* you're* PC* (.)* (What)* (are)* you* our* (?)* Go* (it)* you're* (.)*
    :P

Thanks!

@HYBRID1313 You've gotta keep in mind that "early access" is quite new in the lands of consoles. So with that comes an adjustment period, I for one am glad they are now finally taking steps into the lands of PC, where we have had mods/early access/startup games for years now. Inexperience in the ways of forums and early access is not their fault.

The thing is that if you buy a console, you are also buying into two major things compared to PC

- Couch gaming factor (which is still way easier to set up with consoles)
    - Ease of use, plug and play factor

Mods/early access/startup games, I do hope they will all migrate to the lands of the console (they've been missing out for way too long (hehe homebrew)), however they do go against what console gaming has stood for for, well like forever. So with that comes the, transition period?

@itsspartan313 don't go and ban all non-consolies now matey, UWE themselves said it best...

3ca6a7e15d3765078e7326af58e0df7c_400x400.png
    To unite the world through play

dropped-mic.jpg

the game has been out 1 month tomorrow there has already been an update for PC but not for Xbox... i cant even load my world at this point without the FPS dropping to where the game crashes or freezes... i have 4 seamoths and 2 cyclops incase some break from depth or what have you and 8 exterior plant beds filled with with bi seeds for the bioreactor and my pod surrounded at top of the water so it does not go off into the distance and disappear on me again which all this adds to the dropped frame rate but still 1 month and no bug fixes... but yet pc gets add ons and what not already... no wonder people are complaining for xbox.. i am almost at the point where i cant even play the preview and want a damn refund ... why pay for something i cant even play... fix it dev's or youll end up losing the fan base on console .. granted your not wildcard studios who puts out an update for fixes and new content every month like ark but still you would think you would want that kind of fan base... not going to get that if people cant stay in your game!.. just a thought.. im out..
    edited June 2016
    Mind you this wasn't a jab at you at all :) The way I understand it is that on PC they have developed the game much further and they can actively push patches and updates through Steam, mainly because Steam has been around for this very specific use and is much easier to work with to push patches. It has been designed around fast iterations for early access programs.

From what I heard, it is a lot different on Xbone. Which has to go through an approval program, meaning you cannot iterate and prototype as fast as on PC. And it is a much better idea to launch bigger patches for Xbone, which as a result take more time to finalize and get approved.

Add to this that PC is indeed further along it's development cycle, while Xbone development has just started essentially.

There has been an official response as to the timeframe the new patch for Xbone will arrive, placing development next to PC once more.
    Flayra wrote: »
    I'm getting this question a LOT.

In the land of video games (at least the way we make them), we never know the date of anything. We are working hard to get an update to you as quickly as we can. We were hoping to start testing last week, but now we're hoping to start testing this week (week of June 13th) with hopefully not too much longer after that before it gets through certification and into your (wet?) hands.

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    the game has been out 1 month tomorrow there has already been an update for PC but not for Xbox... i cant even load my world at this point without the FPS dropping to where the game crashes or freezes... i have 4 seamoths and 2 cyclops incase some break from depth or what have you and 8 exterior plant beds filled with with bi seeds for the bioreactor and my pod surrounded at top of the water so it does not go off into the distance and disappear on me again which all this adds to the dropped frame rate but still 1 month and no bug fixes... but yet pc gets add ons and what not already... no wonder people are complaining for xbox.. i am almost at the point where i cant even play the preview and want a damn refund ... why pay for something i cant even play... fix it dev's or youll end up losing the fan base on console .. granted your not wildcard studios who puts out an update for fixes and new content every month like ark but still you would think you would want that kind of fan base... not going to get that if people cant stay in your game!.. just a thought.. im out..

You can type so you can read. It is clearly marked as a rushed version, the updates have been announced. Many here have been trying to make suggestions to help like DELETE 3 of your seamoths and go sink 1 cyclops. Keep complexity down, 2 beds at most to have more than enough for power. I have managed to make a massive and stable base now but is tricky. Go build another separate base in another biome if you need that much gear it helps system load to spread out a bit. The update should be in Microsoft's hands in the next few days if not already but the developers do not get to just click update, they have to send it in for review and are on Microsoft's timetable now.
This discussion has been closed.