When the next update

sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
I can't wait for the next update. It look like there going to be a lot put in this one

Comments

• sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone have an idea what going to be in the be update, other lost river.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    At a guess, machinery.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    The machinery update.It will be released in april (this month) and will contain precursor bases,wrecks,crabsquids,warpers and the sea dragon leviathan.

HYPE TRAIN AT FULL SPEED

Are you being serious? The Warpers are being released this month?
    I think I'll join you on the hype train!
  • PrimozGPrimozG Slowenia Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215333Members
    please give us the missing eggs too :)
    When is it going to be released.
  • Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members
    Patience. It will come sometime this month. If not? Well, then we can start the riots.
  • DAOXDAOX denmark Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203909Members
    im just waiting for the Rock puncher to the added/ HOPE!
    DAOX wrote: »
    I hope so too and they save the terraformer.

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    DAOX wrote: »

Probably not, as he could terraform and terraforming is on schedule to get out of the game. So they'd have to rework the rock puncher or fix the terraforming issues first. The latter would have been posted by the devs with big announcements. And a rework would take time. So don't expect that creature this month. Sorry to tell you.
    sabin77 wrote: »
    When is it going to be released.
    Patience. It will come sometime this month. If not? Well, then we can start the riots.

They already opened the Lost River and made almost all creatures spawnable this month. Only the Sea Emperor Kin and the Rock Puncher are missing now (and I think a soon to come Ghost Ray for the LR). The Rock Puncher schedule is shifted to unknown, so they probably work on getting the Sea Dragon inside.

They also reworked and still rework the ILZ, Lava Castle and Lava Zones massively.

So creatures and new terrain seams to be good in schedule.

It's a bit different with machinery. Scanner room work isn't evolving much right now, but almost finished. Small machines like the interior reactors and cell rechargers have finished graphics, but need functional implementation. All these could get finished anytime now. The cyclops rework on the other side might miss the monthly deadline.

And therefore I think we can expect the update to come at end of this month. Things having a high chance to be shifted to May: Sea Dragon, Cyclops Rework. The name of the update could change to "Lost River Update", considering how much work is put into it, but only if they can present a Lost River area that looks good. Right now the Lost River is too empty.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @sabin77 Sorry, but the terraformer is going away for good.
  • Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
    I just hope they put the Seamoth handling back to the way it was. It's a game breaker and I can't believe more people aren't making a big deal about it.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Recon777 wrote: »
    I just hope they put the Seamoth handling back to the way it was. It's a game breaker and I can't believe more people aren't making a big deal about it.

Check out the dev's response in this thread. The changed Seamoth steering is most likely a bug and they will fix it as soon as they know what exactly went wrong there.
  • KaliyoKaliyo Poland Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215803Members
    I really hope for female protagonist in upcoming update.
  • TheJewelOfJoolTheJewelOfJool Southwestern Ontario Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211261Members
    Kaliyo wrote: »
    They have a lot of work to do before the female protagonist is implemented, judging by the Trello card. It's not as simple as copying the male animations onto a female model.
    Kaliyo wrote: »
    They have a lot of work to do before the female protagonist is implemented, judging by the Trello card. It's not as simple as copying the male animations onto a female model.
    the probably do it to be gender equal, which is common.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    The machinery update.It will be released in april (this month) and will contain precursor bases,wrecks,crabsquids,warpers and the sea dragon leviathan.

HYPE TRAIN AT FULL SPEED

Dolphin! :3
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    You don't really get to see your character except for some bad clipping and hollow shells when looking down sometimes, so what's the point of the male/female options? Unless, of course, we get the option to have first and third person views.
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    I was about to say that exactly :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    You don't really get to see your character except for some bad clipping and hollow shells when looking down sometimes, so what's the point of the male/female options? Unless, of course, we get the option to have first and third person views.

There is the Scanner Room that you can see your character provided you have some type of window attached to the Scanner Room and the camera looking through the window. The character looks like it belongs in a freakshow. Everything below the head is fine, but the head looks like someone took a piece of white paper, cut it into the shape of a head, and grafted it onto the body. Would certainly make for a weird horror movie.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    sabin77 wrote: »
    the probably do it to be gender equal, which is common.
    They have the female model ready - you can view it on Fox3D's Sketchfab - and I was rather hopeful that it will be implemented at some point, but after watching the recent Twitch stream with the developers... that hope is gone now.

starkaos wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »

There is the Scanner Room that you can see your character provided you have some type of window attached to the Scanner Room and the camera looking through the window. The character looks like it belongs in a freakshow. Everything below the head is fine, but the head looks like someone took a piece of white paper, cut it into the shape of a head, and grafted it onto the body. Would certainly make for a weird horror movie.

Really weird horror? Doesn't it temporarily look good enough for EA? Here a pic:
    fkxt3e8n64la.jpg
    I think the female and male are ready for 3rd person views and the heads will look good on a final release. The problem will be more the many animation adaptions for the already existing female model.

Of course we get the option to view ourself anytime as soon as the devs allow us to access the cams from within out PDA. Or even better to bind hotkeys for cam access instead only limiting them to the scanner screens.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Looks like Kuifje (Tintin)?

I hope this doesn't have consequences for the cute fish and he starts to bark. Although, if I think about it ... me being so lonely ... now a cute fish swimming and playing with me ... The cutefish expansion:

The player will find a fish captured somewhere and safe his life. The fish will start following him and create strange sounds near the player. Curious as he is he has the tendency to sneak into trouble and warn the player, yet always seems to escape attacks. If the player is inside the station, the cute fish will try to stay as close as possible to him (again making those strange sounds).

The big aquarias get a pipe extension to allow the cute fish to enter the station and travel from aquarium to aquarium to stay close to the player. When the player shoots stuff away from him with the propulsion cannon, the cute fish gets after it, fetches it and returns to the player. We can pet the cute fish and feed him.
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    What are precursor bases?
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited April 2016
    About external vews and white 'face color'. We can create photo ramp - why we can't creat a simply MIRROR for looking on ourself? Or like in another game get function 'look on your character' with ability to rotate an image
  • AdmiralPainAdmiralPain Germany Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215206Members
    I have Muscles. I want Muscles . Gender Sex here, Gender Sex there, but where are my Muscles :smiley:
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    dargan012 wrote: »
    What are precursor bases?

The answer to that question is a definite game/story spoiler.
    The precursors are intelligent beings that live extremely deep and may or may not have had something to do with the projectile that caused the Aurora to crash.
    If they are alien and still alive they can only be the warpers. If extinct, we only see their remains. If human, the evil lies within Alterra (sounds somehow Aliens alien to me) ... unless of course ... let's do the timewarp ... the precursor bases are nothing else then our own bases after we went back in time trying to solve the Subnautica problems ...
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    I thought of the precursors also as aliens first but since "precursor" means "came before" I would now rather think that we already saw 2 of those "precursor" bases. On the floating island and in the JellyShroom (TM) caves.