Problem regarding fragments

KaiserfrontKaiserfront Germany Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200978Members
So I started a new game after the release of the farming update. My first goal was to get the workbench so I can have the upgraded fins for faster swimming. (Easier to handle than battery depending vehicles)
The problem I have now is, that I found only two fragments for the workbench blueprint in the grassy plateaus biome but not one more since then. I found about 20 bio reactor and seamoth fragments though. So I figure that we need some balancing on how many fragments lie around in the early accessible biomes.

Comments

• paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    anyone know where to find the vehicle builder fragments

so far i found:
    28 seamoth
    38 cyclops (this is total of both engine and hull together)

i have all hand tools, radiation suit, stil suit, standard fins, re-breather, and a few other items
    i have also found and emptied about 15-20 supply crates (3 first aid, 3 signal, and the rest were water)
  • KaiserfrontKaiserfront Germany Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200978Members
    paradine wrote: »
    anyone know where to find the vehicle builder fragments

so far i found:
    28 seamoth
    38 cyclops (this is total of both engine and hull together)

i have all hand tools, radiation suit, stil suit, standard fins, re-breather, and a few other items
    i have also found and emptied about 15-20 supply crates (3 first aid, 3 signal, and the rest were water)

I found them in the kelp forest. Where do you found the workbench fragments? I only get bio reactor and seamoth in the grassy plateaus.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    Solar Panel fragments in creep vine forest to south of pod. Sea glide in same place. Bio reactor in red grass. Easy sea moth frags on edge of shallows/creepvine(moth frags also in creepvine)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I think workbench might be in the koosh zone. I found it, but now I can't remember.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Where do you found the workbench fragments? I only get bio reactor and seamoth in the grassy plateaus.

the modification table frags are found in the biome with the multiple floating islands that are underwater. they can be found on the various islands but beware of all the bone sharks lurking around :)

• JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Anyone know where the Power transfer Crystals are?
  • KaiserfrontKaiserfront Germany Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200978Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    Anyone know where the Power transfer Crystals are?
    Yep, I found them earlier today. Seems that the wiki is just outdated and the only place where you can find them are the floating islands.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    So that's underwater islands for mod station AND power relay? Good to know. I went through the island zone earlier but didn't encounter any power relay fragments, only mod station.
  • IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I think workbench might be in the koosh zone. I found it, but now I can't remember.

it is (i think)
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    So that's underwater islands for mod station AND power relay? Good to know. I went through the island zone earlier but didn't encounter any power relay fragments, only mod station.

the power reley are at the bottom of the underwater islands biome. Below the floating islands themselves. One is going to need to go at leasst 550-600 meters deep to find those fragments.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    so to get power relay you need
    1 seamoth with:
    1 armor plating module
    1 power upgrade module
    2 pressure modules

or die about halfway to them
  • ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members
    okapirose wrote: »
    Agreed, or, even better, when a blueprint for an item is acquired, all of its fragments left on the map disappear.

I don't really see a need for that, it's just an extra process, and you can just get titanium from it. Maybe it ould be better if each fragment gave you different materials... like extra sea moth fragments give enameled glass, cyclops gives plasteel, nuclear reactor gives lubricant... idk
    paradine wrote: »
    so to get power relay you need
    1 seamoth with:
    1 armor plating module
    1 power upgrade module
    2 pressure modules

or die about halfway to them

Nah, you just need the pressure modules. So far I've found the armor to be worthless, and I always use the solar charger unless I REALLY need all 4 slots for other things, because solar = pretty much unlimited power.
  • okapiroseokapirose Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211395Members
    Zetlin wrote: »
    Agreed, or, even better, when a blueprint for an item is acquired, all of its fragments left on the map disappear.

I don't really see a need for that, it's just an extra process, and you can just get titanium from it. Maybe it ould be better if each fragment gave you different materials... like extra sea moth fragments give enameled glass, cyclops gives plasteel, nuclear reactor gives lubricant... idk

Something other than titanium would be nice, yea.
    If they did that, the resource given would have to be readily available in the same biome as the fragment being scanned, otherwise it'd break the game - if you could get everything you needed scanning lockers near your base, the point of the game goes out the window.

It's probably a moot point, however, since I'm pretty sure all the tech will wind up being more like the planters and floodlights are now - broken objects mostly found in/near wrecks that you scan for info, and if you've already scanned that particular thing, then it just doesn't scan.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    They've already stated that most everything will be found in the wrecks and what not and the safe looking fragments will go away. Not sure if EVERY SINGLE ONE will have to be found in a static location like a wreck, as that almost seems a bit harsh for the starter stuff. I almost hope though that they dont do it like the cyclops parts are now, where there are 2495287592829562 cyclops pieces every 5 feet in the starter areas. It doesn't have to be static and only in a few tiny spots, but the spawn rate for sure needs to drop a bit.

I can't imagine they dont have plans for balancing it better in general as well. My last game took me fooorrrevvveerrr to find my last seaglide fragment. I had about 90% of all the blueprints in the game before I finally found that lil bastid. If anyone knows if fragments like the seaglide are only found in a specific one of the multiple creepvine forests then the wiki could use an update, beacuse its very possible I just kept overlooking one kelp zone and only hardcore searched the other ones mainly.
  • Servus953Servus953 Germany Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213714Members
    Hello everyone

I have a question:
    where there is the seamoth upgraded station and the workbench fragments ?
    I do not find her.

greeting
    Dennis
    And which Fragments there Are in the koosh Zone
    The modification station (for personal gear) is in the underwater islands. The seamoth upgrade station (the thing you build in the moonpool) is in the grassy plateau? I think that's right. The moonpool itself is in the grand reef.
    Hi everyone

Sry i mean seamoth docking Station
    I own the seamoth Upgrade Station

Hi guys
    I have a question to all

there are here people who speak German
    Servus953 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Sry i mean seamoth docking Station
    I own the seamoth Upgrade Station

The seamoth docking station is the Moonpool, and it's in the Grand Reef.
    Servus953 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I have a question to all

there are here people who speak German

There is a translations forum, which might help you.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/subnautica-translations
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    Finding the moonpool and the stasis riffle is almost impossible cause even if you are where they are suppose to be it still so rare/hard to find them!!!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    Finding the moonpool and the stasis riffle is almost impossible cause even if you are where they are suppose to be it still so rare/hard to find them!!!

in my most recent game ive started i noticed that alot of the moonpool fragments have been relocated to MUCH deeper than where they used to be. An un-upgraded seamoth can dive to 225m max and most moonpool frags are much deeper than that which means that in order to save yourself alot of trouble i recommend building a rebreather and a few air tanks before going on the hunt for them.

Personally, i like to make air tanks so that my maximum air capacity goes above 200. Combined with a rebreather i can park my seamoth at like 223-224m and dive far/long periods of time which makes the hunt much easier.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    nitay1998 wrote: »

in my most recent game ive started i noticed that alot of the moonpool fragments have been relocated to MUCH deeper than where they used to be. An un-upgraded seamoth can dive to 225m max and most moonpool frags are much deeper than that which means that in order to save yourself alot of trouble i recommend building a rebreather and a few air tanks before going on the hunt for them.

Personally, i like to make air tanks so that my maximum air capacity goes above 200. Combined with a rebreather i can park my seamoth at like 223-224m and dive far/long periods of time which makes the hunt much easier.

I do roughly the same thing, though I usually stick with just 2 tanks. I use the seamoth hovering right at the 200m mark to scan the bottom then park over a cluster of fragments when I find them, and swim down, scan, back up again. I also do not scan dupes if I am purely hunting for fragments as it takes up precious air time. I do scan the dupes though when Im also super short on titanium which is very rarely.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members

I 2nd this, I find a million sea moths everywhere.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members

As long as discovered fragments give two titanium on scanning, I don't want them to be removed after a recipe is discovered.

Though presumably, all the fragments will get actual models of what they are instead of the white-safe placeholder for most everything and most will be moved into Aurora wreckage, destroyed lifepods, and/or abandoned seabases.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members

As long as discovered fragments give two titanium on scanning, I don't want them to be removed after a recipe is discovered.

Though presumably, all the fragments will get actual models of what they are instead of the white-safe placeholder for most everything and most will be moved into Aurora wreckage, destroyed lifepods, and/or abandoned seabases.

I agree after buildings 6 bases on the map, I have relied on scanning fragments in some areas.