Problem regarding fragments

2»

Comments

• mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    okapirose wrote: »
    Agreed, or, even better, when a blueprint for an item is acquired, all of its fragments left on the map disappear.

I 2nd this, I find a million sea moths everywhere.

As long as discovered fragments give two titanium on scanning, I don't want them to be removed after a recipe is discovered.

Though presumably, all the fragments will get actual models of what they are instead of the white-safe placeholder for most everything and most will be moved into Aurora wreckage, destroyed lifepods, and/or abandoned seabases.

I wonder if they will just be set location. Like for example for base filtration you will need 2 fragments, one in grassy wreck and another in koosh wreck and thats just that. Once you scan them they dissapear. Or I wonder if they will be set to specific wreck possibilities, but still have some randomness in there. Like base filtration could spawn and 5 total wrecked in koosh and grassy plat, but it wont be the exact same spot each time as its randomly generated, and if they will regenerate if you leave the area or quit/load a save or something.

I do like that fragments give the 2 titanium because there are surely times I need more titanium for say, my base on the far end of the grand reef in the deep portions, and its quicker and easier to just go out and farm some local ftragments while grabbing quartz or whatever is local and not have to truck it back to safe shallows or crash zone.

Since the map is static, the majority of the resources are finite. Though I guess at least there is technically so much world you in theory shuold not be running out unless you have been playing the same save for months and months and months and months of hardcore-coked up-lines of blow off hooker boobs-base building.

Sometimes it does feel the resources are a bit out of balance though. Example: I have oodles and ooooooddles of gold, in any and every game. Not even on purpose. It isnt used for much really, just like most of the later resources, but there is just as many spawn nodes for it as the others. I almost think they need to change the spawning style of the rock nodes so they are not just biome specific. i.e. you can find limestone in every biome, same with sandstone and shale, but linestone is 70%, sandstone is 20% and shale is 10% or something.

Nobody needs cabinets full of diamond for anything. Keeping a couple is more then enough I find. But man, there sure is a TON of it in the deep grand reef. :D
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Fortunately this will not be a problem hopefully by the end of the month with the next update coming out. The tech system is being completely reworked by having actual models to scan and can only be found in and around the many wrecks, destroyed lifepods and bases that are being added. So no more stupid grey boxes... Yay!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    okapirose wrote: »
    Agreed, or, even better, when a blueprint for an item is acquired, all of its fragments left on the map disappear.

I 2nd this, I find a million sea moths everywhere.

I 3rd it :smile:
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Personally, i like to make air tanks so that my maximum air capacity goes above 200. Combined with a rebreather i can park my seamoth at like 223-224m and dive far/long periods of time which makes the hunt much easier.

I do too.

• LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I think the fragments shouldnt disappear, cause i like one more source of titanium. But i do admit that somebody just had TOO MUCH fun adding a metric ton of seamoth fragments around the aurora.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2016
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    But i do admit that somebody just had TOO MUCH fun adding a metric ton of seamoth fragments around the aurora.
    Yeah, considering you'd probably have the Seamoth by the time you've built your Seabase.

They should put some DRACONIS fragments around the Aurora instead.
  • Servus953Servus953 Germany Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213714Members
    Do you Know to get the Zyklopsbridge?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Servus953 wrote: »
    Do you Know to get the Zyklopsbridge?

If you're asking where to find Cyclops bridge fragments, go to the Dunes biome.