Cyclops, queen of the deep

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
Alright, it's been quite some time since I've posted here, so I decided I'd restart with a rather interesting bit of information I found.
Who needs a specialized cargo ship, amirite?
qjoredcu3i9e.png
i3tvqx1fwo6p.png
pdyo4cvcqk6j.png
kuwnepepcfqx.png
xqn5o3yyly6z.png
0snkyde5wcw3.png
dl4k90nvn6p7.png
d00k6n52j7j5.png
2nctfwchfytr.png
tq5emc9ddwew.png
yi0j0m6c1wlc.png

I haven't taken the time to count all of the lockers, but there are over 100 of them, and I haven't even taken any floor space for normal lockers. Add to that a fabricator, a mod station, and some upgrade modules, and combined with the fact that the Cyclops is essentially invincible...
Behold the Cyclops, queen of the deeps.

Please use spoiler tags when posting large or multiple images. -Ironhorse

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    The_Shark wrote: »

Well, if I knew how, I would. I'm a gamer, not a forum troll.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Ya, I did something similar, though waaaaaaaaaaaay less over-the-top. Lining the big room on the top level (where you exit the seamoth) with lockers was more than enough. Plus an aquarium and some additional lockers and the fabricator in the middle room.
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Ya, I did something similar, though waaaaaaaaaaaay less over-the-top. Lining the big room on the top level (where you exit the seamoth) with lockers was more than enough. Plus an aquarium and some additional lockers and the fabricator in the middle room.

Yeah, I was in Creative, and just decided to see what the Cyclops could handle. Add in the fact that you can give a SeaMoth four 4x4 locker compartments, and you have an epic cargo ship. I doubt that anyone who's ever even played the game, if they were to reclaim all of the materials they ever used in one save, could fill this thing.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Alright, it's been quite some time since I've posted here, so I decided I'd restart with a rather interesting bit of information I found.
    Who needs a specialized cargo ship, amirite?
    qjoredcu3i9e.png
    i3tvqx1fwo6p.png
    pdyo4cvcqk6j.png
    kuwnepepcfqx.png
    xqn5o3yyly6z.png
    0snkyde5wcw3.png
    dl4k90nvn6p7.png
    d00k6n52j7j5.png
    2nctfwchfytr.png
    tq5emc9ddwew.png
    yi0j0m6c1wlc.png

I haven't taken the time to count all of the lockers, but there are over 100 of them, and I haven't even taken any floor space for normal lockers. Add to that a fabricator, a mod station, and some upgrade modules, and combined with the fact that the Cyclops is essentially invincible...
    Behold the Cyclops, queen of the deeps.

Don't forget is high maintenance and has a insatiable lust for power lol
  • Monkey_MacMonkey_Mac Join Date: 2015-11-10 Member: 209147Members
    If anything this shows why every item should have a power requirement.
    Monkey_Mac wrote: »

Every item? So it suddenly makes sense for it to require power to open a locker?

But I admit, if it weren't for the Cyclops' endless hunger for more power cells, it would be kinda overpowered. I mean, you can go overboard like I did, carry around literally all of your stuff in it. Just use the SeaBase to generate water and, once they add farming to the full version, food. But no matter what, the one resource you'll never have enough of is power cells.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members

Every item? So it suddenly makes sense for it to require power to open a locker?

But I admit, if it weren't for the Cyclops' endless hunger for more power cells, it would be kinda overpowered. I mean, you can go overboard like I did, carry around literally all of your stuff in it. Just use the SeaBase to generate water and, once they add farming to the full version, food. But no matter what, the one resource you'll never have enough of is power cells.

The Large aquarium can already be used for food, as you can build a 3 tier tank, and don't 20+ Reginald in it and they will breed faster than you can eat them lol
    Jacara wrote: »
    The Large aquarium can already be used for food, as you can build a 3 tier tank, and don't 20+ Reginald in it and they will breed faster than you can eat them lol

3-tier tank?

Be right back, I need to mess around with the Aquarium for a bit.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @The_Shark Just FYI, The 6th button above where you type your text (just to the right of the bullet points button) has Quotes, Code, and Spoiler tags. :)
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    And it's sooo ugly.
    Bale wrote: »
    And it's sooo ugly.

Aww, she's a beaut of a machine. Don't say that.
  • Monkey_MacMonkey_Mac Join Date: 2015-11-10 Member: 209147Members

Well you have to power the little light in that locker somehow right?

I think lockers should have some restriction. But I don't want you to stop putting them in there all together.

And I don't want to decrease structural integrity, that's already pretty poor as it is.

So either they drain energy continuously, or they make the engines use more. Either way if you do what the OP did, you resign yourself to having a floating base that does pretty much **** all else.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    edited February 2016
    Well sure why not? It isn't what I would do. Interesting though. I can see implementation of this(or something approximating). Think of it as a test bed. Proof of concept. OP be sure to send in plenty of feedback.