Submit Your Creature Ideas!

Comments

• Shortguy725Shortguy725 Utah Join Date: 2016-02-04 Member: 212593Members
    [url="file:///Users/jeremeysc18/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%203.22.41%20PM.png"]file:///Users/jeremeysc18/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%203.22.41%20PM.png[/url]
  • Shortguy725Shortguy725 Utah Join Date: 2016-02-04 Member: 212593Members
    [img]file:///Users/jeremeysc18/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%203.24.00%20PM.png[/img]

• RaptorfarianRaptorfarian Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212313Members
    cc92PLR.png

Name: Hydro Hawk

Description: Resembles an alien cross between a humboldt squid and a penguin. They have a striking blue pattern and are up to 6ft long with a 9ft wingspan. Their wings are membranous with thin fibres stretching through allowing adjustments of the feather like tips. They armed with a razor sharp beak and tentacle like limbs. Each limb ends in 2 clawed prongs which it uses to latch and hook on to prey. The jet like structure on its tail is a symbiotic organism.

Behaviour: The hydro hawk can often be seen circling near the canopies of mushroom forests, soaring on their large wings. However once they spot a potential prey item they dart towards it using their jet releasing a stream of bubbles. They then rapidly circle their prey disorientating them before finally latching on with their claws to rip and then bite their prey to death. They often latch on to seamoths but quickly let go doing no damage. They are also warded off by other large predators such as stalkers which they will jet away from. Hydro Hawks will occasionally launch themselves out the water gliding for a short period. Hydro hawks make nests at the top of table coral trees which they aggressively protect.

Attitude: Aggressive

Biomes: Mushroom forest

Spawn rarity: uncommon

Chronobiology: Diurnal

Resources:
    Decomposing fish (common)
    Hydro Hawk egg (common) these are found at their nest sites located at the top of the giant table coral trees in the mushroom forests. They provide a great source of food.
    Hydro Hawk membrane (uncommon) can be used to make wind turbines and hydrofoils.
    Hydro Hawk jet (rare) can be combined with an air sack to make a powerful jet that can allow you to blast yourself rapidly in a direction, to restock the jet additional airsacks are required.
  • MerivoMerivo United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212466Members
    [img]file:///Users/jeremeysc18/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%203.24.00%20PM.png[/img]

You cannot upload pictures this way. You need to use a website like imgur to upload first, then take the direct link from there. Please edit your previous posts with the new link.
  • MerivoMerivo United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212466Members
    What about a color-changing predator that pretends to be a coral or something? The only indication being that you can occasionally see bubbles or something rising from it.
  • deseizdeseiz belgium Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212437Members

Seabottom wrote: »
    This thread needs more Spore suggestions :)

you mean?:
    2n1csop.jpg
    ... um shrimpthingy lol was never good at creature design

or a nasty insect for the islands
    2jaj3uf.jpg

• RaptorfarianRaptorfarian Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212313Members
  • GuardianCraftGuardianCraft Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 212967Members
    an amphibious and reptile in-between state creature thats like a hover fish but it stays more of its time on land and it spawns in the mountains and on the mountain island i will make some art then post it in a bit
  • theTBAPbtheTBAPb Join Date: 2016-02-03 Member: 212552Members
    Some sort of hermit crab that lives in boneshark skull.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Here's an idea for a new coral-like animal:

I would like similar sort of sponges that constantly "smoke" out a bioluminescent substance.
  • TrIpTiCuSTrIpTiCuS Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215807Members
    Well then, I suppose I have a couple ideas that I could post!

First up! The Membray!

The membray is a manta-ray looking creature which appears transparent, it also seems to lack any form of bone structure apart from in the back. It would be a dark purplish blue hint, with red vanes running throughout. The membranes on it's large front and small back fins are simply clear, and lack any form of colouration apart from the red vanes, along with a vague yellowish hint. The membray aimlessly floats around the blood kelp biome, minding it's own business, until it is disturbed.

It does produce a single sound, this being a faint clicking noise, similar to two rocks being tapped together.
    0eOFBl0.jpg
    1: Bioluminescent bulbs: These bulbous shapes produce a bright greenish glow, which is strange seeing as it lacks eyes.
    2: Blood oil clots: The Membray is capable of producing it's own blood oil, how this is done is unknown. This blood oil can be harvested, but it is also used as a defense mechanism when the membray feels cornered, upon which the clots will burst open and produce a toxic blood cloud. This process can be compared to that of the gasopod, minus the smaller bulbs.
    3: Bone structure: Two solid chunks of bone surrounded by transluscent muscle tissue. This can cause rapid vibrations in the bone structure, forcing the two bones to rapidly tap together and creating their iconic tapping noises.

Secondly! The Vertasnake!

The vertasnake is an interesting beast, as it is not a snake at all, but rather a crustacean, similiar to a lobster. This is due to the fact that it can crawl along the floor using it's six legs. It is also capable of swimming, in which it will whip it's body into a waving motion with it's long tentacles and fold out the fin on it's back. The result is a rather messy and unflattering swimming style, but it does allow for fairly fast movement. They live in small mounds in the lost river biome, each mound can feature anywhere from one to five burrows, each one housing a vertasnake.

The creature seems attracted to any form of unfamiliar bright light, this includes the bright headlights of any submersible, flares or even the headlights of the seaglide and flashlight. They seem however to be afraid of humans, and upon spotting one will quickly retreat, but they are not afraid of any submersible, and upon finding one with their headlights turned on, they will latch on and relentlessly attack it using their long bladed tendrils. This will cause five damage to the seamoths hull for each vertasnake latched onto it. But this number decreases by one for each hull reinforcement module you have installed. They do not cause damage to the cyclops.
    The best way to rid the vertasnakes from your seamoths consist of either 1. Electrocuting them with your seamoths electric defense. 2. Climbing out and chasing them away. 3. Simply driving full speed until they let go, as they refuse to leave close viscinity of their burrows.

But it is possible to befriend them, at which point they will follow you around and scare of hostile creatures by pricking them. This is done by holding say a flashlight and waiting for one to slowly approach you, at which point you feed it any type of fish.

The sound they produce can be likened to that of a peeper, only a wee bit deeper and slightly off-tone.
    nRaPF8I.jpg
    1: Bladed tendrils: Tendrils capable of causing severe damage to hardy submersibles. They are also used to cut through tough rock in order to dig burrows.
    2: Large beady eyes: Highly light sensitive eyes, used to spot the weakest of light in the dark underwater caverns.
    3: Manouvering tentacles: Long black tentacles used for turning aswell as launching into a swimming motion. Tipped with greenish-blue bioluminescent ends.
    4: Hardened exoskeleton: A rough and spiky exoskeleton. Used to ward off would-be predators.
    5: Tail fin: A tail fin capable of folding out and in. Folds in when the creature is walking or burrowing, but folds out when it swims.

Vertasnake mounds concept art. (bloodkelp subbiome)
    K4C6vRc.jpg

This got alot longer than I first expected.
  • HartLordHartLord OK Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215813Members
    It would be nice if there were non-hostile predators. All predators immediately trying to kill me feels ridiculous.
  • Drop_ChordDrop_Chord On my computer, duh Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215817Members
    Can you add something like this? I cant remember its real name, but if you guys add this you will probably make some changes to it and give it a cool name. Also, can you give it a unique attack like the Reaper Leviathan and the Crabfish? Thanks! It would mean a lot if you added this! You can read about this fish and see pictures here: viralnova.com/northern-stargazer/-Drop_Chord. PS: I love your game SO FREAKING MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IronEyeIronEye Turkısh Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215746Members
    I thought one. This creature make cobwebs like spiders. This cobwebs are hard to see. If player caught the cobweb this creature come here and
    Bite player with a animation and you will be free.
    player can see the cobweb or player see the creature and realized the cobweb is near and be careful.
  • DeverotDeverot Ukraine Join Date: 2016-04-18 Member: 215904Members
    edited April 2016
    Apologies for the transition program. I'll cut the phrase:
    1) Combine temperature, compass and clock in one modification (add watch).
    2) Flashlight moved to modify the slot and activate the button "F"
    3) If you do paint color memory slot (3 colors)
    4) Out of the ultimate goal of the game. (Or drawing a mini space ship or interstellar radio signal transmitter)
  • Enderking152Enderking152 Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215964Members
    If you look at fossils, there were some pretty awesome, alien-looking sea creatures in the past. try basing some creatures on these:
    latest?cb=20130209042152
    Opabinia_BW2.jpg
    9251563_orig.jpg
    aff7be3ebbdafd9bdefa99e7f752c2a4.jpg
    latest?cb=20110822171822

• XamerzanXamerzan Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210713Members
    Here's the link to my concept: The "Devil Tail". Tell me what you guys think!
  • gitgudincgitgudinc cannada Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216023Members
    make something from this vid
    MAKE A LAND CREATURES
    edited April 2016
    or this vid
    or this 0ne
    edited April 2016
    and two more (some of the same stuff as older vid uplods and sorry for all the vids)
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    @Enderking152
    you men something like this?
    latest?cb=20150923125332
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    gitgudinc wrote: »
    MAKE A LAND CREATURES

have you got any designs in mind?
    If you look at fossils, there were some pretty awesome, alien-looking sea creatures in the past. try basing some creatures on these:
    latest?cb=20130209042152
    Opabinia_BW2.jpg
    9251563_orig.jpg
    aff7be3ebbdafd9bdefa99e7f752c2a4.jpg
    latest?cb=20110822171822

I made an anomalocaris one a little bit ago.
    tumblr_o5y80bKCcq1tajts4o2_400.jpg
    We need creatures that look alien-like, not just things from earth. Also the devs have enough creatures planned, so this post is kinda pointless.

tumblr_o5y80bKCcq1tajts4o4_400.jpg

Is this alien enough for you?
  • A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members
    edited April 2016
    I've already posted this before a few weeks ago, but I feel here is a better place then ever for it to be recognized. It is also slightly adjusted from the feedback given to me in the original post.

This is an idea for a creature that if you somehow managed to get close enough to scan it as you were near it, the ability to scan would come up, but it would simply come up as "'ERROR-QUANTUM IMPOSSIBILITY DETECTED", then your scanner will start glitching out and suddenly break, needing to be repaired. This creature is almost half the size of the Aurora and walks on 6 legs. It has one large eye in the front, and other small complex details to make it more unsettling, making it resemble a creature from something like HP lovecraft. It will not appear in the game for 30-75 in-game days, and when it first appears, it is barely visible in the distance when you are above the waters surface. It comes from the opposite direction of the Aurora's direction if you were to look at it in the safe shallows. Although it walks on the ocean floor, it is so large it stands tall outside of it. After another few in-game days, it finally arrives at the safe shallows, and leaves the entire biome nearly destroyed after crossing through(because terraforming is being removed, he would simply destroy every entity in the biome, coral tube or gasopod. This would create the illusion the biome is destroyed without any terraforming done). if you are in the biome as he goes through it, you will most likely be killed. It then approaches the Aurora, climbs onto the sides of the exploded ship, then unleashes a loud screech from the circular mouth under its body that can be heard from almost anywhere in the map. This roar would glitch out all systems and possibly even begin a flood in your base or cyclops). It then quickly proceeds to rip the Aurora apart piece by piece for about 15 seconds until another explosion is initiated(caused by it breaking not-yet-destroyed explosive items), which harms it. It lets out another scream after loosing its leg at the hands of the explosion, and proceeds to walk through the crash site with one leg missing. The crash site is now much more leveled. It continues to walk until it is no longer visible, which may take another few days. It is difficult to approach because whenever it takes a step, it releases an underwater shockwave around the entire creature, knocking the player far away if near. If you manage to get under the creature, you will quickly be eaten. The biggest threat it causes is if you, your base, or anything else of importance was in the safe shallows or the rest of its path, it will all be destroyed. I know this addition a long shot, but it would be a substantial edition to the game, as it not only adds a truly gigantic and deadly creature everyone wants, but it gives you another reason to explore and migrate, as you need to escape the safe shallows or any other area it covers before it is all destroyed.
  • maxplayer025maxplayer025 washington Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215114Members
    maybe something that lives under the island and surfaces in the pond every once in a while? when it's in the pond, it can spew hot water at you if you get too close.
    I've already posted this before a few weeks ago, but I feel here is a better place then ever for it to be recognized. It is also slightly adjusted from the feedback given to me in the original post.

This is an idea for a creature that if you somehow managed to get close enough to scan it as you were near it, the ability to scan would come up, but it would simply come up as "'ERROR-QUANTUM IMPOSSIBILITY DETECTED", then your scanner will start glitching out and suddenly break, needing to be repaired. This creature is almost half the size of the Aurora and walks on 6 legs. It has one large eye in the front, and other small complex details to make it more unsettling, making it resemble a creature from something like HP lovecraft. It will not appear in the game for 30-75 in-game days, and when it first appears, it is barely visible in the distance when you are above the waters surface. It comes from the opposite direction of the Aurora's direction if you were to look at it in the safe shallows. Although it walks on the ocean floor, it is so large it stands tall outside of it. After another few in-game days, it finally arrives at the safe shallows, and leaves the entire biome nearly destroyed after crossing through(because terraforming is being removed, he would simply destroy every entity in the biome, coral tube or gasopod. This would create the illusion the biome is destroyed without any terraforming done). if you are in the biome as he goes through it, you will most likely be killed. It then approaches the Aurora, climbs onto the sides of the exploded ship, then unleashes a loud screech from the circular mouth under its body that can be heard from almost anywhere in the map. This roar would glitch out all systems and possibly even begin a flood in your base or cyclops). It then quickly proceeds to rip the Aurora apart piece by piece for about 15 seconds until another explosion is initiated(caused by it breaking not-yet-destroyed explosive items), which harms it. It lets out another scream after loosing its leg at the hands of the explosion, and proceeds to walk through the crash site with one leg missing. The crash site is now much more leveled. It continues to walk until it is no longer visible, which may take another few days. It is difficult to approach because whenever it takes a step, it releases an underwater shockwave around the entire creature, knocking the player far away if near. If you manage to get under the creature, you will quickly be eaten. The biggest threat it causes is if you, your base, or anything else of importance was in the safe shallows or the rest of its path, it will all be destroyed. I know this addition a long shot, but it would be a substantial edition to the game, as it not only adds a truly gigantic and deadly creature everyone wants, but it gives you another reason to explore and migrate, as you need to escape the safe shallows or any other area it covers before it is all destroyed.

This sounds really interesting, but I'm not sure I would be willing to trade the safe shallows for an elder god. Maybe make it an optional event. I wouldn't want to have an entire biome destroyed by something that is out of my control.
    maybe something that lives under the island and surfaces in the pond every once in a while? when it's in the pond, it can spew hot water at you if you get too close.

Maybe put a variation of the inactive lava zone biome close to the surface and create a small chain of volcanic islands for the creature to live in. Nothing big, just something interesting to explore.