Squad 5 Nominations!

IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
edited January 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized and awarded with Squad 5?
This is the place to speak up about them!
  • Include their name with the @ symbol (eg: @IronHorse ) to ensure it's a properly working link to their forum profile
  • briefly explain why you believe they should receive Squad 5
  • and double check that you aren't recommending them for something they already have.

That's it!
Contributions can be maps, mods, guides, events, server support, technical support, art assets, you name it!
As long as it is contributing to NS2 and its community, it is worth nominating.

Just so everyone is aware : Squad 5 awards are given in order starting with Blue, then Silver, and finally the very rare Gold. You earn one tier, and if you continue to contribute new things you are eligible for an upgrade if nominated again!

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    This is a list of all Squad 5 members and their outstanding projects. This list does not cover all the reasons why they were awarded, it's just a list to reference those who have earned it.

Gold
    • @blind - ENSL Admin, NS2WC
    • @fsfod - LUAJit patch, long term code contributor
    • @GISP - Community Management
    • @Loki - Kodiak, Derelict, Discovery
    • @Matso - long term code contributor
    • @McGlaspie - MvM, long term code contributor
    • @Mendasp - NS2+ and generally awesome support for the competitive scene
    • @Narfwak - NS2PT lead
    • @rantology - all kind of awesome art, NS2Stats
    • @RedDog - NS2 Streamer, NS2WC
    • @SamusDroid - long term code contributor
    • @Sewlek - Factions, long term code contributor
    • @xDragon - NSL mod, CompMod, Classic, code contributor
    • @Zefram - ENSL Admin

Silver
    Blue
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would like to nominate @Rusty for doing the thankless job of running and maintaining one of the more popular servers.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    Added the current member list and would like to suggest to nominate @remi for his work at https://github.com/sclark39/NS2Elixer and support of other ns2 modders
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    @Saffron_baker for being a so active member and trying to start projects!
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Nordic wrote: »
    I would like to nominate @Rusty for doing the thankless job of running and maintaining one of the more popular servers.

And also being an awesome admin who's quite happy to help newer admins figure out server setups, esp on Linux Boxes.
    edited January 2016
    I would nominate @Yojimbo for being a kind as**ole!
    Also becouse of ns2 news
  • loMeloMe PA Join Date: 2014-02-26 Member: 194387Members
    I nominate @tap for being top bm-er in NA. His quotes are endless
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    Like I said in the recent blog I wrote, I have the next round of awards already completed (I went a little overboard with the amount I originally wanted to give out) and as such I can tell you that out of the nominations given from today alone, 3 users mentioned here already have been chosen for the next round. I won't say which ones, though ;) Just wanted to tell you that I haven't forgotten about some of you, we just aren't flooding every award at once. it takes me a while to inquire around about you and customize your personal announcement, too.

Keep em coming!
    And if you know someone who doesn't have a lot of friends but puts a lot of time and effort into contributing, be that friend and mention them. There's still plenty out there who have never been nominated.

Edit: Note that I cannot award a member with Squad 5 unless they have a forum account registered @Katzenfleisch
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Okay after thinking a little about it i would like to some further people who did a lot for Natural Selection in the past and totally deserve to be in Squad 5 even though they might be not active anymore:

"The combat gang" (Who isn't in Squad 5 yet):

The created Combat and Xenoswarm and brought us thousand hours of joy.
    Beyond each of them had their own "pet project" influencing the community in one way or the other.
    • @MCMLXXXIV Last Stand "Origin" (Not to be confused with the UWE Modjam one)
    • @JimWest Extra Entity Mod, NS2 Single Player
    • @Jibrail swedish translator
    • @=Mr.P= needed a map for your mod, he was the guy to go to ;)

----

@Rio Hidden Mod, modding guides

@Person8880 Deserves an upgrade as creator of Shine
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Awesome to see the S5 back on the agenda!
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    Mine is wrong, was never much of a streamer @IronHorse :)

@Grissi | Consistently measured, positive and well argued contributions to balance discussions

This is what I got initially after release. I have basically been part of gameplay and balance discussions almost from the start of ns2. Worked tons with Andi when he did his big patch and pushed comp mod after he stopped working on ns2.
  • Phoenix_Faded_ModPhoenix_Faded_Mod france Join Date: 2016-01-13 Member: 211335Members
    I would nominate @Katzenfleisch for his BIG work on the Faded mod who develop and updates since 2013 !
    ''Unfortunatly he does not own a forum account for now. '' Now i have my Account :D@Phoenix_Faded_Mod
    Grissi wrote: »
    Mine is wrong, was never much of a streamer @IronHorse :)

@Grissi | Consistently measured, positive and well argued contributions to balance discussions

This is what I got initially after release. I have basically been part of gameplay and balance discussions almost from the start of ns2. Worked tons with Andi when he did his big patch and pushed comp mod after he stopped working on ns2.
    Lol.. nice catch. Fixed.

Like I mentioned in that comment the explanations aren't that accurate, unfortunately, because it's just too much to fit on a list. But we definitely should try to get it somewhere in the same ballpark :tongue:

Keep the nominations coming ppl!

• ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    edited January 2016
    @ (Kyle Abent) for Ns2Siege .. can't find him in-between forum members ?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    I nominate @IronHorse for all the work he's done for ns2 and all the time he's invested in our community. :)

EDIT: clarification, promote him from blue to silver.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I nominate @IronHorse for all the work he's done for ns2 and all the time he's invested in our community. :)

Isn't he allready in squad 5?
    edited January 2016
    @BeigeAlert Someone gave me S5 Blue years ago, and I never found out who or why. It was like a silent award.
    I removed it from my account once and it was put right back on in another month or so?
    I've contemplated removing it from my account again since it never felt right or legitimate, and as such I never display it publicly anywhere.

At this point tho, as the person who is responsible for awarding nominations, I could never ever give it to myself. *shrug*
    I do appreciate the thought though :)
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert Someone gave me S5 Blue years ago, and I never found out who or why. It was like a silent award.
    I removed it from my account once and it was put right back on in another month or so?
    I've contemplated removing it from my account again since it never felt right or legitimate, and as such I never display it publicly anywhere.

At this point tho, as the person who is responsible for awarding nominations, I could never ever give it to myself. *shrug*

I think you've done enough on NS2 to deserve it. I don't see why you shouldn't display it ingame. But if you need to feel legitimate to do so, I support Beige's nomination in this regard.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    IronHorse wrote: »

I was nominating you for a promotion from S5 Blue to Silver, you unquestionably deserve it. :) Wear it with pride IronHorse, or we might just have to go over your head on this one. ;)
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Just wait for him to silently remove it and put it back again & again <evil laugh/>.

/support
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited January 2016
    • Also nominating @Yojimbo for all his work on NS2News as editor/corrector and sometimes even contributor himself via his own blogposts and articles. Most if not all of our articles would be less pleasant to read without his help. Very fun and passionate guy, always a pleasure to talk with him. He's done a great job too at maptesting and playtesting for a while now (his british accent does help a lot in fact).
    • @Lalo for designing NS2News website: http://ns2news.org/
      Provides many backgrounds/arts when we're in need and this, really quickly. You can find all his work on the following link: http://ns2news.org/wallpapers/ - As you may notice, he's also done some arts for the NSL.

Both of them contribute a lot to NS2News so this project couldn't work without their precious help.
    On a side-note, they both carry the NS2News tag ingame, that shows how dedicated they are!
  • tudytudy Germany Join Date: 2014-06-10 Member: 196468Members, Squad Five Blue
    Pelargir wrote: »
    • Also nominating @Yojimbo for all his work on NS2News as editor/corrector and sometimes even contributor himself via his own blogposts and articles. Most if not all of our articles would be less pleasant to read without his help. Very fun and passionate guy, always a pleasure to talk with him. He's done a great job too at maptesting and playtesting for a while now (his british accent does help a lot in fact).
    • @Lalo for designing NS2News website: http://ns2news.org/
      Provides many backgrounds/arts when we're in need and this, really quickly. You can find all his work on the following link: http://ns2news.org/wallpapers/ - As you may notice, he's also done some arts for the NSL.

Both of them contribute a lot to NS2News so this project couldn't work without their precious help.
    On a side-note, they both carry the NS2News tag ingame, that shows how dedicated they are!

I second that. Both are working a lot in the background and their results are only seen indirectly most of the time. And they are good at it, as well :)
  • openyafaceupopenyafaceup Australia Join Date: 2015-01-26 Member: 201057Members
    edited January 2016
    would like to nominate @ OoZLE for keeping the aus servers alive and the game alive in Australia , and also just been a good all round guy keeping aus servers up and out of his own pocket . I dont think he has a forum account but really this guy should get one , and of course @openyafaceup because im a happy all round guy bit cheeky but happy to help and command wherever i go . haha