Squad 5 Nominations!

Comments

• KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 502 Advanced user
    Thanks mate, appreciate it :)
    ns2_nothing remake Thread | Workshop
    ns2_waterdome Thread | Workshop

Kalopsia Lerk Play Videos
  • fleasfleas Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62623Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 38 Advanced user
    would like to add @Kalopsia and @clowning for ns1 maps and help put up a well spec-ed server while kid's is down respectively
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 84 Advanced user
    There are a lot of russian players in that game (5.65% owners - the 5th place in the world if to believe steamspy.com). As russian I am glad that cyrillic symbols was implemented and russian translation is completed as well. As I know, @Well is the only one who responsible for that. All russian community should be thankful to him.
    I hope he deserve a Squad 5 nomination.
    Saffron_bakerSupaFredMauvaisVitrier
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 171 Fully active user
    Nominate @minsci for working on ns2_yana
    Mattk50 wrote: »
    Quoting this again to remind people what a bad development and community interaction policy looks like. Lets go down the list. See if you can find exactly where each point is hit.
    -Contradicts community feedback by vaguely insisting a bad change has been "positive"
    -Decrees that the change is permanent despite overwhelming community outcry in the negative
    -Misrepresent the arguments people are using in order to get an easy position to defend your change from.
    -Fail to make any real arguments in favor of your position other than the aforementioned "its positive"
    -Claim to understand complaints immediately after failing to properly interpret and respond to a quote in the same post.
    -Claim that holes left by the newly missing experiences are being filled by unrelated and half baked mechanics.
    -Ignoring community feedback, then retroactively pretending that changes made personally were based on community feedback.

• clowningclowning Join Date: 2003-11-15 Member: 22956Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 39 Advanced user
    Thank you fleas, you're too kind
    clowning.
  • SevenNightsSevenNights Portugal Join Date: 2009-06-30 Member: 67979Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    I'd like to nominate @TheRing_1 for his achievements in the portuguese NS community, namely for all the clanwars and tournaments he organized and participated.
    He pretty much spread the word about the games (since early NS1), and revitalized a stale local FPS community.
    Post edited by SevenNights on
    Natural Selection 2 - BRACE FOR IMPENDING AWESOME!
  • fleasfleas Join Date: 2007-10-13 Member: 62623Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 38 Advanced user
    edited April 2016
    Nomination:

@Oozle longest and still current server hoster for many years even though he doesn't play during those times.

@Kalopsia for converting ns1 maps into ns2 maps

@Phoenix_Faded_Mod on Faded mod

Past Server hosters:
    @xuu (Kid)
    @Scatter
    @BladeyBlade (BLD)[Dangerzone.au]
    @clowning

Notable Mention w/o forum nicks
    Mr.Amckern - Server Hosting(past)
    Terribad - Server Hosting (modded and vanilla)
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Forum staff Posts: 462 mod
    @Brute for Wonitor - an incredible tool.
    @Brute for being an incredibly helpful member of the community

(No blue here, silver is the only way. Then gold when we hold him to ransom for more cool toys).
    NordicSupaFred
  • RysskRyssk Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175441Members Posts: 97 Advanced user
    I nominate @Wyzcrak for showing me the way and true meaning of life for my last days on earth to come
    YojimboTinkilhooq
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,677 Advanced user
    Is zavaro worth squad silver yet? He has been putting a lot of work into tedious mapping work. Does this count as a nomination?
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    VetinarimeatmachineSaffron_baker
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 83 Advanced user
    @Zavaro deserves silver for everything he does(HE knows ;)
    I'd also like to nominate @meatmachine for blue for all the SCC help Admin help/map testing/PT'ing
    Admin of Spark Crafter Collective (Custom Map Testing)
    Vetinari
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 753 admin
    Thanks, guys. I'd like to nominate @Sephy, @Vindaloo, @simba, and @loMe, for making the ENSL possible for the last few seasons.

I'd also like to nominate @MajorTico for roping me into his reviving of the ENSL, helping me outside of playtesting with good NS2 map related feedback. I could never have done it without you (nor would I have).
    CDT Map Testing Lead and NA Playtesting Whip
    Steam / Watch live video from zavaro on Twitch / Twitter
    Have a bug in NS2? Report it in the thread! If you can, post how to reproduce it, or private message me on the forum!
    MajorTicoKeats
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 36 Fully active user
    edited June 2016
    THIS MAP IS TOO DARK AND THE HALLWAYS ARE TOO LONG AND THE MAP IS TOO BRIGHT!!
    Yojimbo
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 154 Advanced user
    @IronHorse you should update the list at the beginning of this thread. Also I nominate @Nordic so that I have more badges to strive for.
    PM sent.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Forum staff Posts: 462 mod
    edited July 2016
    I nominate @phoenixbbs for being a long serving extremely dedicated playtester, whom attends more playtest sessions than anyone else.
    I nominate @SupaFred for silver for continual hosting of the TTO servers including the EUPT server.
    I nominate @Asraniel for silver+gold in recognition of his many years leading EUPT.

\o/
    VetinariCRaZyCAT_RusMcGlaspie
    @IronHorse commence to another wave plz
    SupaFred
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 154 Advanced user
    edited August 2017
    edit: doesn't seem to render but it's U+1F30A (water wave) three times
    PM sent.
    I nominate @Katzenfleisch for another level for fixing whips
    PM sent.
    GhoulofGSG9NordicTriggerHappyBro
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,677 Advanced user
    edited October 2017
    @IronHorse The server operator Red of TA should obtain a squad 5 badge. I do not know his forum name. He has been an exemplary server host.

Found out it was @AmbivalentAmbiguity
    Post edited by Nordic on
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    SupaFredZavaropSyk0mAnFuhrerDarqueSyde
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer Posts: 178 Advanced user
    edited November 2017
    I would like to nominate @Katzenfleisch for the silver.

For the following accepted or in progress PR:
    * Whips rewrite and fixes
    * Cyst chain repairing and fixes
    * Optimization of a few updates routine and the bots motion
    * Commanders building placement, placement issues and selection improvements
    * Entities re-positioning fixes
    * Typo / minor fixes / bug reporting :)

For creating/maintaining the Defense-mod and a few of defense maps for over a year (ns2_kf_farm, ns2_def_troopers, ns2_stronghold)
    For contributing to the NS2Optimization mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879531374
    For the flame sentries mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784131783
    For the inprogress evasion stats: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153263/alien-evasion-stats-debugexposed/p1?new=1

* I would also like to nominate @Nordic for his dedication on relevant stats, comp stats, pub stats, skills stats, etc (so much stats)
    * I would also like to nominate @TinCan for his GorgeRace mod and all the maps he has made for it (At least 3 if I remember correctly)
    * I would also (also) like to nominate @Nintendows (aka Nin) for the AvA/MvM mods and to keep maintaining them despite the huge amount of code changes implied, for the CommunityFixes mod helping PRs to get beta tested and fixed in advance, for the @BeigeAlert taunt mod , the overhaul of the armory menu and for his work with Siege++. * And @Las (if it's your profile) for all his work, mods, countless time spent helping and dedication for the ns2large servers and community (including NS2Optimizations)
    Post edited by Katzenfleisch on
    Faded mod ( Forum Thread - Steam Workshop - Mod Repository - Mod Guide )
    Defense mod ( Forum Thread - Steam Workshop - Mod Repository - [url=""]Mod Guide (comming soon)[/url] )
    FlameSentry mod ( Forum Thread - Steam Workshop )
    TriggerHappyBroSupaFredHandschuh
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 1,351 Advanced user
    Like Katzenfleisch I am nominating myself also for squad five silver, cause i have started to play again. This risky move could save the game from beeing really dead.
    pSyk0mAn
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,447 Advanced user
    I already have a squad 5 badge, though.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

I am good Onos
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 3,562 mod
    Vetinari wrote: »
    I already have a squad 5 badge, though.

Maybe we'd be promoted to squad 10.
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse