Should the Sea Emperor be able to damage the Cyclops?

13»

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Currently, the Cyclops is kind of considered an impenetrable shield, and as long as you're on board, you're invincible. I don't like that idea, personally.
    I've actually been hit through the wall by a stalker while in my cyclops.

(processing...)
    Wat.
    Could you elaborate? What happened?

I was testing out the "taming" of the stalkers, when it suddenly turned on me. I hopped in my Cyclops, hoping to be safe, and it killed me through the wall, spawning me back a the escape pod. Not much else to say.

OH! I thought by "hit through the wall" you meant the stalker rammed you, and launched the entire freaking Cyclops through a wall.
  • ROBOCOPMAXROBOCOPMAX Frechen, DE Join Date: 2015-12-29 Member: 210544Members
    If the cyclops will be wrecked, the player must have the option to prepare stronger and better countermesures.
    "Try and fail, try again and fail harder."
    Maybe a bigger submarine than the cyclops or some fishy friends like a tamed reefback or something equal massive.
  • ERLBkoreo38ERLBkoreo38 Mexico Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210574Members
    it all depens on what depths and biomes the sea emperor will spawn,but i think it should be able to damage the cyclops at a safe depth,then again it depends on the size of the creature too.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    I think it should but not to much, just think how fast and mobile it is , if you encounter one you want there to be a good chance that if you run you can actually escape, if it does to much damage your never going to outrun it so it will spawn in your face and then just laugh at you as you die. not fun.

• Hydrowolf391Hydrowolf391 . Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219709Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Currently, the Cyclops is kind of considered an impenetrable shield, and as long as you're on board, you're invincible. I don't like that idea, personally.
    I've actually been hit through the wall by a stalker while in my cyclops.

(processing...)
    Wat.
    Could you elaborate? What happened?

I was testing out the "taming" of the stalkers, when it suddenly turned on me. I hopped in my Cyclops, hoping to be safe, and it killed me through the wall, spawning me back a the escape pod. Not much else to say.

I've had a Stalker phase through the wall into my base... It was terrifying, to say the least.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Why would he damage the Cyclops? He's supposed to be a peaceful creature.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    has anyone mentioned it yet? maybe? okay. THE SEA EMPEROR IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PASSIVE CREATURE TO THE PLAYER. unless the player Is being a dick to it, sorta like the Mesmer, it is classified as a defensive predator.
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Yes! But only in a defensive way. As far as I understand how the two biggest sea dudes will behave.
    Emperor Leviathan are the defensive one that can take alot of beating but dont do that much damage in comparison to the Dragon Leviathan which are the agressive, territorial which does more damage but cant take as much punishment as the EmpLev. Still alot more than the Reaper Leviathan I think.