Question about a bug, want to report an issue or what's being worked on? Ask away!

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    Opening text chat will also make the screen move to a pre-derermined point for no reason too if you don't touch the mouse after it does it.
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    aeroripper wrote: »
    In addition to the above, another tiny bug, when the round starts on alien you're always looking at the floor and have to re-orient yourself. It should spawn you facing the direction you were pointing before the round starts.

it also does this coming back from alt tab, mildly annoying
  • AntiMatter001AntiMatter001 Ireland Join Date: 2014-05-08 Member: 195912Members
    edited February 2015
    repost of something that has been mentioned.

Be warned this is for linux only so far. Ubuntu 14.04.
    Leeuw wrote: »
    Ok.. patch 274 fixed the problem of 273 not letting me connect to the servers.

However now I got issues in the game I did not have before:
    Sometimes keyboard events are not handled or stuck.. so press left then right will keep on going left.
    Or pressing shift once.. keeps it in that state.. like a george sliding forever and the state can
    not be reset by pressing shift again.. it keeps it in that state indefinetly.

Also I noticed walking as a skulk in clear room (over floor) I sometimes hit invisible walls
    (while also having the key event problems). I can not get passed a certain position,
    only when moving a certain distance to another direction and back I can get past the same
    blocking position.. Probably also related to the key events and/or server expecting me to be
    at another position?

Note that before 273 I sometimes had a key/mouse event stuck.. but never that big as now.

Its the Linux version.. so probably the X11 events not handled ok?

Update: I tested it now on an empty server and there is no problem when I have a constant high FPS (40 for me).
    But if I force it to go down to 10FPS or lower (by letting a different program use the most of the GPU)
    the problems start. If I get a high 40FPS again (by stopping the external program) all keyboard events
    can only deliver a forward walk movement (even the Esc, F1, ~ keys) but only after holding them for
    a few seconds.. the forward movement also comes with a stutter.. like the low FPS changed the update
    rate of the keyboard, but did not restore when I got a higher FPS.
    Also no messages appear in the log or stdout.

This is a real problem for me.. when its happens playtime is over.. I need to quit the executable and restart.

I even got the slow keyboard response after disconnecting and press ~ for the console.
    So it must be very low level for any keyboard input to also affect the console.
    To get out of console mode by pressing Esc was only possible after hitting Esc about 100 times to get one
    even through.

this happens to me quite alot and it's frustrating having to exit a game then rejoin a server which usually takes 30 mins to do.

i have been able to replicate it where as if you press two (or three in this case) action keys like map (usually C on my keyboard) and chat (tab on my keyboard) while walking forward (w) usually makes the keyboard input really really laggy/slow. resulting it having to exit the game completely and restart it.

if you guys could give it a bash that would be great :)

EDIT: is this being worked on or are other things given more pirority?
    if someone could say if this is being worked on that would be great :)
  • alsteralster Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19124Members
    About the red plug issue a lot people with fast systems and drives probably have it happen to them but it goes away quickly. It seems to be caused when a fast PC loads everything and the player appears in the RR but the server isn't ready to send him data yet so the client shows a red plug.

This issue may also be related to the other issue of a player spawning too fast and making the player look at the floor before the game starts.
  • AntiMatter001AntiMatter001 Ireland Join Date: 2014-05-08 Member: 195912Members
    Hey! Hey! got some news! the bug i was describing above has an "error: can't sync collision rep!" (or something) when i bug out so maybe the fact that this happens it's making the keyboard input lag quite a bit.
  • LeeuwLeeuw Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187898Members
    edited February 2015
    I noticed you got the same problem as me (on Ubuntu 13.10).

But I don't see your error "error: can't sync collision rep!" in my logging,
    so I think that must be something else.

Also your repoduction of holding "c", "tab" and "w" does not cause issues for me.
    It shows perfectly the map, player overview and walking forward without problems.

For me I can only reproduce it by running another heavy GPU load
    (eg vblank_mode=0 /usr/bin/optirun -b primus glxgears) and swithing back to NS2.
    There it will drop to FPS to almost 1.0 and stutter begins.. I then abort the second
    heav load, so it will restore to above 40FPS (for me that is the fastest) and so the
    graphics no longer stutter.. but the key events are not handled ok anymore.
    I found no way to restore.. besides getting out of the game.

I tried even to disable "key presses repeat when key held down" in Ubuntu keyboard
    settings to see if this was the cause.. sadly even when disabled it still appears.

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Syncing an invalid collision rep has nothing to do with input, so do that isn't what is causing issues with Linux input. There's reports of Linux input issues but they haven't been looked at in a while so I don't know if it's the same thing.
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    There's reports of Linux input issues but they haven't been looked at in a while so I don't know if it's the same thing.

i expected no less since windows gamers outnumber linux gamers 10 to 1. no point looking at a problem if only 2 out of 40 people have it :/

oh well at least i know what to do with NS2 now :P was such a great game. now it's just wastespace on my HDD :P
    There's reports of Linux input issues but they haven't been looked at in a while so I don't know if it's the same thing.

i expected no less since windows gamers outnumber linux gamers 10 to 1. no point looking at a problem if only 2 out of 40 people have it :/

oh well at least i know what to do with NS2 now :P was such a great game. now it's just wastespace on my HDD :P

If we had more Linux developers we definitely would look at it.

If we had more Linux developers we definitely would look at it.

i'm not trying to be offensive sorry.

i just know that having linux is more of a curse than a blessing (gaming-wise anyway.)
    anyway thanks for the heads up, i guess i'll just play something else until it's fixed.
  • DestidomDestidom Norway Join Date: 2009-01-06 Member: 65996Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited February 2015
    Hi

I'm curious if the spectator bug where the minimap disappear is reported??

If you draw something on the big map out, then press esc and resume game the minimap is gone (for me atleast).
  • DarakianDarakian Join Date: 2004-09-03 Member: 31233Members
    Is there any thought on making the gorge a little more active? Maybe give him a few more hydras to set up or something? I feel like gorge has nothing to do between the initial tunnel base setup and getting bile bomb.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Darakian wrote: »
    Is there any thought on making the gorge a little more active? Maybe give him a few more hydras to set up or something? I feel like gorge has nothing to do between the initial tunnel base setup and getting bile bomb.

Battlegorge! You need to be in the front lines healing groups of skulks.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    So, how's the rework for VS 2013 going? What do you have left to do? Is it actually running yet? If so, how is it comparing to the old builds (performance wise)?
    edited March 2015
    Getting it working on VS2013 was the easier part, getting the build machine running is another story. It's taking longer than expected because we have to fetch 7 years of revisions of SVN for engine, lua, sound, and maps repos
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is the Swedish translation going to be fixed/included in the next patch?
    Not the one with VS2013, but the one after
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    Heres a link cus embedding is broken

Would be great if this didn't happen. Maybe the easiest way to fix this is to just remove docking from NS2.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Video's broken mate
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2015
    Hello

Yesterday i saw *snip* Removing symptoms of issue to prevent others from investigating how to reproduce -Ironhorse
    I dont know how to reproduce this but if needed i can talk to him to get this Information

edited March 2015
    *snip*

We're on it @wooza thanks for the heads up.
    Please send exploits in private messages to CDT members or Admins in the future though, if you can, thanks! -Ironhorse
  • Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
    hi can i ask one thing is CDT want to do match making system + ingame DLC store like CSGO ? Thanks

maybe Rifle skin from Workshop ? its not affect the gameplay ballance like Counter Strike GO , and bring new player to the game ?

Thanks for your time ,,im just want toconvince my people play NS2 in Asia , but at least we should do something like reduce waitting player time - in match making system a small game 6v6 is enough ^^
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I found a little bug.
    If you will bind GRID SPOT 10 in the COMMANDER tab to Pause/Break button it will break your GRID SPOT 10 and GRID SPOT 11 bindings.
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    edited April 2015
    Posted in wrong section, pls ignore
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    If you stand on a gorge tunnel and the entering animation is playing at the same time as the tunnel exit is destroyed the entrance will still look like it's active.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Terminal on Docking has a spot where structures are unpowered. Despite all my hours on that map I haven't seen this error before. Known? Screenshot
    edited June 2015
    Known for a very long time, I fixed it but for reasons I can't submit it.
    vMQXhXk.png
  • MarkGJonesMarkGJones Phoenix, Arizona USA Join Date: 2015-06-27 Member: 205833Members
    edited June 2015
    New version it's working perfectly fine to me I spend my time try the new update and it's worth it though.

Cheers!