Question about a bug, want to report an issue or what's being worked on? Ask away!

Comments

• SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Not sure if this is has happened to me before but last night on Refinery I died instantly after spawning as skulk. What happened?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Known for long time. No one knows why.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Any plans in the near future to resume adjusting the old maps now that Derelict is out and beautiful?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Have any suggestions @Benson ? And yeah adjustments are possible, but nothing has been suggested that i know of
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2015
    @IronHorse

Loki had made a thread a while ago taking suggestions, and I've seen at least one trello card on it

The only suggestions I had were for mineshaft.

Here is the thread (I didn't want to Necro):

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/135759/map-issues-want-them-fixed-submit-requests-in-here/p1
  • white_jaguarwhite_jaguar Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71439Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Hi there,
    Has anyone run into the issue where the server list seems to be returning a random list of servers? Right now I get anywhere between 16 and 27 servers showing up, and it's never the same list twice. (Pressing the update button to refresh the list, and sorting by both player count and server name)
    It's really frustrating as I know there are a lot more servers out there and probably a least a few with some open slots, but I have to play slot machine with the browser in order to find one.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Hi there,
    Has anyone run into the issue where the server list seems to be returning a random list of servers? Right now I get anywhere between 16 and 27 servers showing up, and it's never the same list twice. (Pressing the update button to refresh the list, and sorting by both player count and server name)
    It's really frustrating as I know there are a lot more servers out there and probably a least a few with some open slots, but I have to play slot machine with the browser in order to find one.

Check your filters? Some servers go out of range when you refresh.

• munkeyspaynkmunkeyspaynk Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172801Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    All of a sudden I am unable to open any web links in the game (hive stats, steam profile, trello, store, etc.) I have steam overlay enabled and I can open that like usual, but clicking anything that should open the overlay with a web page doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and verifying integrity of game cache as well as uninstalling and deleting the appdata folder.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    @munkeyspaynk could you provide your techsupport.zip file that is generated by the techsuport.exe thats found in your NS2 install folder? Be sure to not have ns2 running when you run that exe
  • munkeyspaynkmunkeyspaynk Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172801Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    @munkeyspaynk
    It's probably unrelated, but before diagnosing further could you please unsubscribe (through steam workshop) and deactivate (through the mods menu in NS2) all mods?
    Looks like NS2 is looking for a mod with an invalid name in both of your logs.
    [ 0.912] MainThread : Error: Mod "[me26a50a_0]"(e26a50a)', doesn't contain a valid name
    Mounting mod '' from C:/Users/Curtoss/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/mb659ee9_1383353969/
    Mounting mod '' from C:/Users/Curtoss/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m65680c4_1351927604/

Also, DX11 is BETA (as said in the options) - would you please try running in fullscreen DX9?

Lastly, if it still happens:

Right click NS2 in steam
    Go to properties
    Select Launch options
    type -verbose and press OK
    Then open NS2 and do not join a server, just try to click on your score level or the trello link then exit
    Run that techsupport.exe one more time and link the zip here again.
    edited September 2015
    @IronHorse The mod was one of mine that I have set to friends only so it won't be downloaded. The other two suggestions didn't work either.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13785182/tech_support.zip
    @munkeyspaynk

Looks like you are still running with mods. After unsubscribing and deactivating, please move or remove everything in your "workshop" folder, which you can see below:
    [ 0.959] MainThread : Mod "Manly Moustaches"(65680c4): info op ended
    [ 0.959] MainThread : Mod "Manly Moustaches"(65680c4): info complete, result 1
    [ 0.959] MainThread : Mod '"Manly Moustaches 2015 Edition"(65680c4)' already exists in cache
    [ 0.975] MainThread : Mod "ns2_supply"(ae94aca): info op ended
    [ 0.975] MainThread : Mod "ns2_supply"(ae94aca): info complete, result 1
    [ 0.975] MainThread : Mod '"ns2_supply"(ae94aca)' already exists in cache
    [ 0.981] MainThread : Mod "ns2_rescue"(1d19d9b3): info op ended
    [ 0.981] MainThread : Mod "ns2_rescue"(1d19d9b3): info complete, result 1
    [ 0.981] MainThread : Mod '"ns2_rescue"(1d19d9b3)' already exists in cache
    [ 0.983] MainThread : Mod "munkeyspaynk Dot Crosshair"(b659ee9): info op ended
    [ 0.983] MainThread : Mod "munkeyspaynk Dot Crosshair"(b659ee9): info complete, result 1
    [ 0.983] MainThread : Mod '"munkeyspaynk Dot Crosshair"(b659ee9)' already exists in cache
    [ 1.070] MainThread : Mod "[me26a50a_0]"(e26a50a): info op ended
    [ 1.070] MainThread : Mod "[me26a50a_0]"(e26a50a): info complete, result 1
    [ 1.070] MainThread : Error: Mod "[me26a50a_0]"(e26a50a)', doesn't contain a valid name
    [ 1.706] Worker 03 : FSCache: Caching 'C:/Users/Curtoss/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/mb659ee9_1383353969/' took 0.000s, cacheSize 15064
    Mounting mod '' from C:/Users/Curtoss/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/mb659ee9_1383353969/
    [ 1.707] Worker 03 : FSCache: Caching 'C:/Users/Curtoss/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m65680c4_1351927604/' took 0.000s, cacheSize 15064
    Mounting mod '' from C:/Users/Curtoss/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m65680c4_1351927604/
    @IronHorse Turns out, I was mistaken on one of the mods. I had a few hidden but this last one looks like it's probably an old version of derelict that appears to be deleted or hidden.
    VonDoom wrote: »
    Hey, i subscribed to the map on the workshop but what do i do now? Did it download and where did it go? I cant find it in the ns2/maps folder : / I really want to have a look at the new models!

Go to %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\Workshop . This folder contains all ns2 mods you have every downloaded. To find a certain mod you have to find out the modid.

Each mod is in a folder which is named after this structure m<modid>_<version>

This is either given at the workshop page or can be found by converting the link id (int) to hex

For derelic is the link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237413642

So hex ( 237413642 ) = 16a43b4 . This means you will find the derelic files in the workshop folder under m16a43b4_.... ;)

From: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134461/ns2-derelict/p1

Being that it's a map I don't see how it could interrupt opening of web links. But after some work I think I managed to get rid of it using steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325751227

new techsupport: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13785182/tech_support_3.zip
    edited September 2015
    @munkeyspaynk

Make sure you are in fullscreen ;)

Creating IDirect3D9Device with xSize=1920 ySize=1080 fullscreen=false

Have you tried all 3 window settings, out of curiosity? Fullscreen, windowed, borderless?
    Also have you tried running all of the redistribution executables in the NS2/_CommonRedist folder?
    Also be sure to disable any and all programs that create overlays. MSI afterburner, certain anti virus software etc.. if you want to get really into diagnosing this I recommend disabling everything non essential during boot, by going to the Task Manager and then the Startup tab. And then restarting.

I am drawing a blank if these don't work, so I'll do some research in the meantime.

edited September 2015
    @IronHorse I've tried your suggestions with no luck. I'm starting to think this isn't an NS2 related issue, but I'm not sure of many other games that use web links to open the overlay.
    Thanks for you help, though.

Edit: Turns out it to be a Steam Beta Update issue. I tried messing around with that and now I've got it working again.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    GUIMainMenu.lua @ L3445 @ MENU_ORGANIZED_PLAY . Is this something being worked on or was it thrown away ?

The link order (see L3530 @ "LinkOrder") doesn't implement it in the menu ('5').

Also, as I recall, a few years back, there was a folder with all the different build versions, zipped or something (searched .7z, .rar, .zip without success), was this removed ? Is it something that was removed or temporarily removed ? Is there an online repository ?

Thank you,

Red
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    RedSword wrote: »
    GUIMainMenu.lua @ L3445 @ MENU_ORGANIZED_PLAY . Is this something being worked on or was it thrown away ?

The link order (see L3530 @ "LinkOrder") doesn't implement it in the menu ('5').

Also, as I recall, a few years back, there was a folder with all the different build versions, zipped or something (searched .7z, .rar, .zip without success), was this removed ? Is it something that was removed or temporarily removed ? Is there an online repository ?

Thank you,

Red

Organized Play was actually the result of project sabot and was included in 2 Build of NS2. However nobody really used it (maybe due to the fact that it was quiet buggy). So the gather master server got shut down and the feature was removed.

The build archives were removed after we switched to the new build system as the given build lock feature using them wasn't working at all.
    @munkeyspaynk Thanks for posting the solution.. and yea that makes sense given it's a beta and probably involves the overlay feature.
  • NovoReiNovoRei US Join Date: 2014-11-18 Member: 199718Members
    Avg Team Score, Hive Score, etc does not show correctly above 4095. It's being 12bit limited/filtered.

The girls cannot appreciate if they cannot see it.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Spawning facing the wrong way from eggs/on IP fix pls? Way more common after latest patch, frustrating as hell
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Will there ever be a ns2 Discovery Map?
    Spawning facing the wrong way from eggs/on IP fix pls? Way more common after latest patch, frustrating as hell

I highly doubt a patch which was almost exclusively tool changes made you start facing the wrong direction more. It's just a coincidence
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is NS2 anytime any change has ever been made something else stops working as intended. A large amount of players I play with are noticing it increasingly more common lately. Great fun when you need to shoot skulks off your IP and you spawn backwards.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    Meanwhile I have not seen this bug in a long time. None of the large amount of players I play with have complained about it anytime recently.

If you can find a reliable way to reproduce it, please share.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    Not sure if I am the only one or not: When I am dead and I watch a fade playing and I got back to the game i endlessly hear the fade's moving sound (approx. 10sec)
    wooza wrote: »
    Not sure if I am the only one or not: When I am dead and I watch a fade playing and I got back to the game i endlessly hear the fade's moving sound (approx. 10sec)
    Very old bug
    Nordic wrote: »
    Meanwhile I have not seen this bug in a long time. None of the large amount of players I play with have complained about it anytime recently.

If you can find a reliable way to reproduce it, please share.

Here's proof then. Pretty reproduceable for me, and it seems every single person that plays competitive NS2 has the same problem.

100% vanilla NS2 showcasing the bug.

Along with this bug, there's also a random rotating marine/alien bug that causes the player model to continuously rotate 360s to people viewing it, but not for the player. Same issue maybe.

• TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Is this on the list? or maybe its a problem I can fix with my binds?

As alien commander while viewing the big map (I use the C key) you can click on locations and it takes your cam view to that location, great. But if I click on a certain spot (right of center and up a bit) I get a permanent overlay of the tech tree. I have to click that spot again or hit my tech-tree key (i use N) to make it go away.

Weird?