Question about a bug, want to report an issue or what's being worked on? Ask away!

Comments

• philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
    looks like the bar security wouldnt let you in lmao
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited February 2014
    Any chance for a preview of the upcoming patch notes?
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited February 2014
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Any chance for a preview of the upcoming patch notes?

Look for an announcement tomorrow.

... Did I really just do one of those "announcement of an announcement" things? I hate myself.

Delayed, forget I said anything.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    elodea wrote: »
    Great game. Found a new lifeform. Must be pretty powerful since it's taking so long to evolve to it. Didn't want a fade anyway
    3TxoKhp.jpg

*crickets*

Going to fix this? Is it even known?

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Great game. Found a new lifeform. Must be pretty powerful since it's taking so long to evolve to it. Didn't want a fade anyway
    3TxoKhp.jpg

*crickets*

Helps if you say what server you were on, how it happened, what you were doing... And yes, it's been known to happen only on modded servers.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are there known issues with basic Gorge Tunnel operation? I rarely play Gorge myself, but a friend of mine keeps encountering weird effects like
    • GT lines not showing up on the map while the tunnel is working
    • having two entrances (not killed) but they are not connecting
    • being unable to destroy one's own entrances (IIRC)

If these are new, I can try to get more details (server, modded or not, etc.).
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    3TxoKhp.jpg

*crickets*

Helps if you say what server you were on, how it happened, what you were doing... And yes, it's been known to happen only on modded servers.
    What server I was on:
    Unmodded uwe server

How it happened:
    It happened

What I was doing:
    I was clicking evolve
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    With regard to the egg teleporting "bug" that is now "working as intended" but still causes eggs to be teleported unexpectedly leading to confusion, sudden death, anger, dark side etc.

I believe in combat mode the game simply prevents you from evolving if there isn't space. Can the vanilla game be changed to work that way too? Wouldn't that be better?
    edited February 2014
    On collision,

I hope this topic isn't considered done and dusted. It's still pretty broke. For example trying to shadowstep into the back of running marines is a joke. Infact, shadowstepping to get into swipe range anywhere near marines is a joke.

Also way too much slip and slide
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I've had this terrible bug a few times:

You get constant damage to Health (only), exactly the same kind you get when touching enemy command structure pre-game. Except it happens in game and out of nowhere.

I had it as: Marine, Skulk, Onos. It was really painful to watch myself die this way as an Onos. Onos and marine were many builds ago, when I caught this as a skulk, I was on Eclipse, so build 262.
    And I had it on my: Hive, Harvester.
    Harvester at main base just ran out of HP quickly 1-2 minutes after game started (Refinery, smelting). No, infestation was there and it was not starving or under attack. Build 262 as well.
    Hive thingy was a long time ago, but it did happen.

And no, I did not mistook this for anything. I spawned as a skulks and started losing HP only (there is no kind of damage that does this to aliens). Behavior was exactly like pre-game, except you were stuck with losing HP wherever you go until you die (last time, I found out that evolving helps).
    edited February 2014
    I know this is a known exploit,
    Wondering what the status of it is, because it's been around for the absolute longest time. Funny the first few times. Not so much after that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xP5fbhQhZ4#t=16m45s
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I assume you mean fitting multiple players into a closed CC? (Not egging on top of a CC.)
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    Few quick questions...

1) Are there any plans to fix it so we can multi-task again without it auto-minimizing NS2? - I often seed servers early in the morning and it was SO much nicer back when I could park myself and do something on my other monitor while waiting for people to join. If I remember correctly it broke around the same time reinforced came out.

2) There are still a LOT of places on ground level where we can't place Gorge tunnels... The worst spot by far is the tunnel running between central and gap on Mineshaft - However there are many MANY more spots... Any chance they'll be fixed? It's bad enough being forced to put them on ground level, but to have SO many places on ground level restricted (all the best spots really)

3) Speaking of mineshaft - Is there any way that vent at water pumps could be fixed? Speaking primarily of the "X" bars covering the water pumps entrance (why are they even there) - but also the fact that it's common to get stuck in the vertical section of that vent (especially as lerk) - Maybe remove the "X" covering the water pumps entrance and widen the vertical part of the vent to prevent getting stuck.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    3TxoKhp.jpg

*crickets*

What server I was on:
    Unmodded uwe server

How it happened:
    It happened

What I was doing:
    I was clicking evolve

It looks like it happened in bar, right? I've had more than a few egging issues in the area around the door and RT (south side of the room).

Ive been stuck in the floor several times (different locations, different lifeforms). Wish I could provide more reliable info, but that area has developed a bad reputation for gestating with me.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    MoFo wrote: »
    Few quick questions...

1) Are there any plans to fix it so we can multi-task again without it auto-minimizing NS2? - I often seed servers early in the morning and it was SO much nicer back when I could park myself and do something on my other monitor while waiting for people to join. If I remember correctly it broke around the same time reinforced came out.
    Windowed mode still allows for this. If it's not letting you try toggling the resolution between something smaller than your native res and then back to native res. Windowed fullscreen annoyingly doesn't work this way, but at least there is a workaround.
    2) There are still a LOT of places on ground level where we can't place Gorge tunnels... The worst spot by far is the tunnel running between central and gap on Mineshaft - However there are many MANY more spots... Any chance they'll be fixed? It's bad enough being forced to put them on ground level, but to have SO many places on ground level restricted (all the best spots really)
    I don't think this is going to be changed. Requiring both adequate space and nav mesh rules out a lot of good spots for tunnels, but it's the simplest way to prevent both cheesy/exploitative spots and spots that can cause stuck issues.
    3) Speaking of mineshaft - Is there any way that vent at water pumps could be fixed? Speaking primarily of the "X" bars covering the water pumps entrance (why are they even there) - but also the fact that it's common to get stuck in the vertical section of that vent (especially as lerk) - Maybe remove the "X" covering the water pumps entrance and widen the vertical part of the vent to prevent getting stuck.
    Huh, I've never had that problem personally. When you say "stuck," do you mean stuck in that you absolutely cannot move, or that navigating the area is just a bit less fluid than is ideal? I can understand where you're coming from in the latter case, but even then it's something that I can work around.
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Windowed mode still allows for this. If it's not letting you try toggling the resolution between something smaller than your native res and then back to native res. Windowed fullscreen annoyingly doesn't work this way, but at least there is a workaround.

Ah ok... well thanks for the workaround, of course I use windowed fullscreen because I hate the borders of windowed mode. lol - Any idea if there are plans to fix the windowed fullscreen mode?
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Huh, I've never had that problem personally. When you say "stuck," do you mean stuck in that you absolutely cannot move, or that navigating the area is just a bit less fluid than is ideal? I can understand where you're coming from in the latter case, but even then it's something that I can work around.

Yeah I mean stuck as in absolutely cannot move and have to F4 and rejoin the team to get free. (losing everything in the process) I've never had it happen as a Skulk, but I've ended up stuck there as Gorge, Lerk, Fade, and even once as a JP marine. I think just widening the vertical part of the vent just a tiny bit would solve the problem...

The "X" bars covering the water pumps end of the vent is more of a "why the hell is this here" issue... It serves no purpose other than screwing over aliens who try to use the vent as an escape route. I never even try to go out of water pumps via the vent anymore because it's SO hard to get into.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Glorious rifle melee kills are shown as normal rifle kills in kill feed most of the times :(
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    edited February 2014
    There is a bug with the vote to 'force even teams' which sometimes causes the server to crash. Is this bug known to the devs/pt? Do you need more details?
    I have another question that I keep forgetting to ask...

Is the Onos stomp ever going to be fixed?

It's been bugged pretty much ever since I started playing and it's extremely annoying. I can't figure out why but Stomp only works about 1/2 of the time..

Before you ask, no they're not jumping, nor do they have jetpacks. Marine standing perfectly still, Onos runs up and hit stomp, Marine is completely unaffected.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Bound evolve last upgrade to "L." Was having an issue today where whenever I would hit my chat button and start typing my chat message, anytime I pressed "L" in the sentence I was typing, I would evolve last upgrade while still letting me continue to type into chat. Had to unbind.

This was on KKG 250+hr server.
  • InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    2cough wrote: »
    Bound evolve last upgrade to "L." Was having an issue today where whenever I would hit my chat button and start typing my chat message, anytime I pressed "L" in the sentence I was typing, I would evolve last upgrade while still letting me continue to type into chat. Had to unbind.

I use the N key, it happens when pressing the key both in chat and in the console. Also reevolves the upgrade even if you already have it.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Remove the vent from commander view in falls->agri connector
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    @jekt
    That's already done for next patch.

@The-Jehuty
    Your problem is now fixed.

@2cough‌
    The L key has always been bugged, i swear.. even at PAX events when we bind keys to reset tutorials and hints etc, we stay the fuck away from the L key.. ;)
    thanks tho

@mofo
    Don't have any reports of stomp not working.. just the animations of marines being wonky when doing so.
    Got any (non modded) vids for me to take a look at for reproduction purposes?

Also, fullscreen issues i do not believe will be fixed as it requires an engine programmer, and they are very very busy.

@Khyron‌
    It is known, ty.

@‌xen32
    I just experienced this the other day...

@elodea‌
    You call that an exploit? How exactly is it advantageous for marines?? You show me how that leads to a Marine win or has any significance to the result of a round and i'll re add it to our system.
    We decided as a team long ago that we don't want it fixed. It adds character / is fun for pubs looking for some laughs - and as far as we could tell is harmless.
    Long live the Trojan Horse CC
  • dav3ybdav3yb Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185313Members
    So I'm sure it might be known about, but I've been running into an issue lately when i use the evolve last upgrades bind. I have mine set to N, right next to B. Whenever im typing out a message that includes the letter N, the keybind activates... its pretty annoying typing something to the team only have me pop into an egg and be defenseless for a time when there is no need for it. Is this going be fixed? I hope i'm not the only one who's noticed this.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I've tried unbinding mine for that very reason but the command doesnt work for me :(
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    did that. didnt work

edit: great now it works. what in the actual fuuuu?
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    2cough wrote: »

I did the same, so I bound it to my apostrophe key (something I don't use in chat). Works as intended now.

• JoesephKonyJoesephKony Africa Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190469Members
    edited March 2014
    *snip *
    I don't know why you'd post that - let alone here of all places - but this is not the thread for your snarky spam.
    -Ironhorse