Question about a bug, want to report an issue or what's being worked on? Ask away!

Comments

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    Jekt wrote: »
    There this, but currently has probably already linked people.

www.twitch.tv/current1y/c/3407645

(it's a link now :D - Mouse)

I'm guessing it's related to jetpack use. Jetpacks sometimes do weird things to viewmodel animations, and since the way weapons are coded in NS2 makes them entirely dependent on how they're animated (the animation actually controls the behavior from what I understand). That said, @current1y is a playtester and already added that clip to the existing bug report for the reload animation bug a few days ago (thanks!).

We've had a report open for that one for quite some time that's been slowly accumulating more data, but as of yet we have not been able to isolate specifically what is causing the rifle reload jam. The more info we can get on that one the better as it still seems to be very random, and even when we do end up getting it to occur in a playtest game we can never manage to force it to occur when we try again (which is what we need to do to fix it, obviously).
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Cr4zyb4st4rd
    Whoa.. never seen that one before.
    The powernode itself looks weird too..
    That had to be on a modified server, right? Otherwise we would have seen that before at least once in the past years..
    Let me know if you get any further info on that, thanks.
    Also, rifle jam bug is a nightmare to actually fix... oldest and toughest bug ever. If you have videos please feel free to share.

Yeah it was on one of the HBZ servers so it was running HBZ's collection of mods, that i would check but their servers are down currently.
    It was weird, a teammate said seconds before I headed there that the powernode was on one-bite of health, but when i got there it was like that. It's possible that maybe aliens got it low and friendly-fire from a marine ended up killing it, but as I wasn't there when it "died" im not sure other than that.

And here are the three videos I can find of the rifle jam @IronHorse

one on b262 and two on b261

< Attempted to reload probably around the time the medkit was dropped on me (b262)
    < Reload attempted at about 5s in the video (b261)
    < Reload attempted after sulk died (b261)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Thanks!
    Looks like you are reproducing that by jumping, mostly. (friendly fire did occur though in the 2nd one)
  • ChihayaChihaya CA Join Date: 2013-12-28 Member: 190972Members
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but, I want to buy a reinforcement pack but only if it comes with the female assault marine skin, problem is it says it's still being worked on, yet I see it mentioned since 2012, is it included yet or not? Still in progress?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's just busy/forgetfullness and they have not updated the Reinforced page still.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    It's just busy/forgetfullness and they have not updated the Reinforced page still.
    What he said. The female assault and deluxe assault skins are included now, the Reinforced page just hasn't been updated.
  • ChihayaChihaya CA Join Date: 2013-12-28 Member: 190972Members
    Yeah, saw it on the wiki, thanks anyway guys.
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I've been having an issue when I try to open the Options menu. After opening it the menu screen reloads, and I can click Options again to open it but the Options window stays stucked after that. I can't hit Apply or back and the only solution is to restart the game. I have tried reinstalling the game, deleting my workshop / cache directories and unsubscribing from all mods.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @semihandy
    Sounds like a mod you are using.
    Deactivate all mods and unsubscribe from them through steam workshop, then manually delete your hidden %appdata%/Natural Selection 2/Workshop folder
  • alsteralster Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19124Members
    edited December 2013
    For me the rifle jam never happened until 262.It usually only happens at the beginning of a round. Loading or caching new assets makes the game think you are not holding the mouse button anymore.

A easy way to know if this happens would be to have a realtime mouse status display. Then tape the mouse button down and watch if the game ever shows if the button is not pressed.
  • slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Has anyone noticed that the incorrect marine skin is displayed as you spawn on the IP?

Ie, if you pick a female marine, then the marine that gradually appears on the IP is the male marine model? (I have not verified if the badges or shoulder patches are correctly rendered, but it looked like the default marine model/skin to me).

As this is the only time you can ever see yourself, it seems to be a missed opportunity to enjoy the swag while we wait to respawn. :-)
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    I have not verified if the badges or shoulder patches are correctly rendered, but it looked like the default marine model/skin to me

At least once, I noticed that a shoulder patch was fully visible ("solid" and floating in the air) before the rest of the marine was materialized, too. It was one of the official ones, not something server-specific.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    QUESTION ABOUT A BUG OR WHAT'S BEING WORKED ON?

What's being worked on!!?

Presumably performance optimisation. And linux stuff. And matchmaking.

Are there any plans to release new content in the next 6 months/ year?

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Has anyone noticed that the incorrect marine skin is displayed as you spawn on the IP?

Ie, if you pick a female marine, then the marine that gradually appears on the IP is the male marine model? (I have not verified if the badges or shoulder patches are correctly rendered, but it looked like the default marine model/skin to me).

As this is the only time you can ever see yourself, it seems to be a missed opportunity to enjoy the swag while we wait to respawn. :-)

If you noticed a while back I had a fix for this in one of my mods with the side effect of it having a really odd crouching pose, and it looked awful so I never implemented the fix into the official game. And before 262 you could use the menu pose mod to display "swag" in the menu, but I CBA to update it for the eclipse ,menu since it means redoing all of the cinematics for a menu that would eventually pan away. Maybe some day I will update it again.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Managed to get myself glitched inside a tunnel in a game earlier. I was standing on top of a tunnel that was being built because I was leeching the gorge heal, tunnel completed and my fade was doomed for eternity. No unstuck or evolving would get me out of it had to f4 :(

@meatmachine
    What's being worked on!!?

Presumably performance optimisation. And linux stuff. And matchmaking.

Are there any plans to release new content in the next 6 months/ year?
    Cannot say until we all begin our testing of X this coming monday when we return from our holiday vacation. (not much has occurred from last patch, so far)
    Feel free to ask this question again in a week :)

As for future content, I am afraid I honestly cannot say. That is less bug related and much more content/feature related, and is a question that should be directed towards Hugh or Cory.

Just FYI i am still very much pushing for Linux specific fixes that are in dire need.

@Cr4zyb4st4rd
    Eh, i'll try to reproduce that, but given how you were on a modded server with unstuck commands etc, it may not be possible.
    Thanks
    Back again with another bug for you @IronHorse

If you while in the air be it jumping, jetpacking or fade blinking and crouch while coming into contact with certain harsh corners your player becomes stuck.

See mineshaft w/ marines

and Refinery w/ fade

Not sure if you know of it or not, but it's amazingly sucky to get a fade stuck. Might even be the same thing that I broke with the gorge tunnel before.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2014
    @Ironhorse
    This again :))
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    I once got a drifter stuck behind a gorge tunnel (see screenshot). IIRC, I placed the drifter to build the shell before the GT existed. Intuitively, the drifter should at least be able to fly over the GT.

No matter what movements I tried, I couldn't get it out of that corner. It only occurred to me later to echo away the shell, so I don't know if that would have helped.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    MrFangs wrote: »
    I once got a drifter stuck behind a gorge tunnel (see screenshot). IIRC, I placed the drifter to build the shell before the GT existed. Intuitively, the drifter should at least be able to fly over the GT.

No matter what movements I tried, I couldn't get it out of that corner. It only occurred to me later to echo away the shell, so I don't know if that would have helped.
    Thats becouse drifters follow the navmesh, buildings blocks the navmesh.

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I've been experiencing the Rifle Jam bug in NS2 since build 262, and I haven't experienced it since way back in Beta. I'll try and give you some further info in Videos etc, but I can say that it seems to occur at random with no definite connection. Sometimes I was jumping, other times not. I will provide feedback with videos if possible.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    *snip* Derailing comment not necessary. Please try to keep this thread productive by participating in inquiries or contributing reports or information. Offhand comments or discussions can go in general discussion. Thank you for your understanding.

-Iron
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    played on a UWE server last night, we got a massive bug in turbine, IP glitched out halfway through a round, like at the 10 minute mark, and people got stuck if you were looking at them from third person. From my perspective at least, when i got stuck i was jumping around multiple areas like full view shifts, and when i pressed crouch my view stopped jumping around and locked in. The comm later said that it was the starting IP location too. Normally i'd chalk it up to server instability and server specific nuance and mod conflict, but since it was a UWE server...
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    also docking had issues a couple weeks back, couldn't cyst in, had to ask a gorge to drop a tunnel so i could drop the RT. navmesh ftw.
    amoral wrote: »
    played on a UWE server last night, we got a massive bug in turbine, IP glitched out halfway through a round, like at the 10 minute mark, and people got stuck if you were looking at them from third person. From my perspective at least, when i got stuck i was jumping around multiple areas like full view shifts, and when i pressed crouch my view stopped jumping around and locked in. The comm later said that it was the starting IP location too. Normally i'd chalk it up to server instability and server specific nuance and mod conflict, but since it was a UWE server...

This seems to be an issue with there being too many idle players on an IP at the same time. It is reported and assigned.
  • driestdriest Germany Join Date: 2013-02-21 Member: 183251Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @Ironhorse

And again ;)
    driest wrote: »
    @Ironhorse

And again ;)
    Linux fixes, main menu/option menu polish/fixes, some rather neat performance optimization options added, and a bunch of other stuff I'd rather wait for @Hugh to announce than talk about here. 263 is rather hefty.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    This seems to be an issue with there being too many idle players on an IP at the same time. It is reported and assigned.
    This stuck glitch once occured in Conduit. However it seemed noone was idle and when I was spawning I saw someone running from IP to IP Riflebutting it. Afterwards I and the rest to spawn were stuck on both IP's. I'm not sure if its reproducable, but it seemed pretty intentional to me. Obraxis was present so I'm not sure if this has been looked into already.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Great game. Found a new lifeform. Must be pretty powerful since it's taking so long to evolve to it. Didn't want a fade anyway
    3TxoKhp.jpg