NS2_Veil_FIVE

13»

Comments

• SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    SupaFred wrote: »
    @SgtBarlow‌ Thanks for the update. I found a bug looking out through a vent in The Dome. screen1 and screen2

Fixed
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    You can't get out from the vent near dome as a marine

If it's where I think it is then.. Fixed

New update released:
    Added ladders to vent outside "C12".
    Added large container to skylights to break up length of the room.
    Fixed rendering issue with vent near "The Dome".

5DE97FAC48F14F6CFFCA3989F1EB71D083147816

B5B95897C74026B101D4FDB3FE301A30A29459DD
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Apparently there's an issue.

"File not found" and everybody is disconnected.

• ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    Every server nowadays since Holidays Update 272 >> Missing required mod error , i have checked my console log it say

"Mod NS2+ error code cant download"
    "ModNS2_veil_five is unavailable..."

Anyone have a link to these 2 mod to download manually ? Its seem Steam work shop have problem with these 2 mod , Every server have same issue =='
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    It's not the only one.
    Wait for build 273.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Yeh, been getting a few reports of mod download failure, Code 28.
    I have tried re-uploading the mod to no avail, Something up with steam, Few comments on the error code related to download time outs.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    SgtBarlow wrote: »
    Yeh, been getting a few reports of mod download failure, Code 28.
    I have tried re-uploading the mod to no avail, Something up with steam, Few comments on the error code related to download time outs.

@SgtBarlow‌ it's a combination of Steam failing and a few timeout settings in patch 272. Will be fixed in 273 coming very soon.
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    Shine Administration mod also failed to download from Steam Workshop

I have tried to Subcribe "missing mod" from server , but they cant donwload either

Try to change Steam region Download tab >> None of fix working
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    oh cool I've never seen this, will we be getting it as a standard map?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    ezekel wrote: »
    oh cool I've never seen this, will we be getting it as a standard map?

My guess is no. From what I've gathered, this is an idea they were experimenting with that didn't pan out (I wasn't a PT back when this was "released"). He's posted it up here so the community can still play it and possibly make changes/improvements to it.

Though if someone were to put a lot of work into it and get it playing real nice and balanced, it could be made official (not my call of course! Just saying it's a possibility). Never say never! :)
  • SchnirkeSchnirke Germany Join Date: 2014-08-11 Member: 197921Members
    Hello, I just found a bug, where you can get out of the map. The pipes at the wall of the upper part of the dome (left from C12) seem to have no collision. As a skulk and probably as lerk, fade or jp you can easily go throught and hide yourself outside of the map.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I am not sure this map is under development anymore. Unless a member of the community picks it up, it is unlikely to get anything else done to it.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    What is it with the map updates? You wait months for one......
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    What is it with the map updates? You wait months for one......

Still waiting on those Gorge Craft updates... :P
    @BeigeAlert

What GorgeCraft updates? I officially ceased development and handed over the source code to the community on the steam page back in March.

I am working on the standalone sequel in Unity now :D
    @BeigeAlert

What GorgeCraft updates? I officially ceased development and handed over the source code to the community on the steam page back in March.

So did he. :P
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert

Stand alone veil 5 on unity? Exciting!
    Nordic wrote: »
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert

Stand alone veil 5 on unity? Exciting!

Now that's an idea... Make a Veil 5 map in unity, but put a completely different game on it.

For free of course, copyright and all that :)
    Epic game on this map this very night. A lot of players (40). The game lasted approximately 1 hour. Back and forth 3 or 4 times (Meaning hive destroyed).

Usually, with that many players the marines would roll over the alien. But that didn't happened. They were "storming" areas by using "squads" but we could hold our ground and/or take back what was taken. Even going through a critical first hive siege.

The only thing that made the aliens survive and come back is the work on RTs. And because of the infiltration possibilities this 5TP map layer allows. Marines were able to sneak as much as Aliens. Many PG and tunnel. At some point there were some groups who specialized in attacking or maintaining RTs up.

This game with that many players isn't suited for being an example that would be working in every case, except for one thing. If you are still able to scout beyond enemy lines with that many players it means the layout is promising. It will allow "comebacks" or more "versatile games". Yes there is one or two vents that are dangerously close to the PN. But nothing that can't be handled.

This is precisely the kind of things, this game needs. Not a brute force front line fight but more clever tactics and the proper use of all asset available. And in this case there was 70% rookies at least (both sides, not stacked)

In months if not years, I enjoyed Veil related stuff.

PS: Apparently there is a invalid triangle crossing the RR.
    What is looked like in the end
    stw5b8fb1hic.jpg
    I released an update removing the anomaly in the ready room.
    Epic game on this map this very night. A lot of players (40). The game lasted approximately 1 hour. Back and forth 3 or 4 times (Meaning hive destroyed).

Thank you UncleCrunch, It is good to see that the game-play experience out of the map is the one I favour my self. Longer, more tactical games and epic comebacks.