NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Where's the line in all these updates about NS2+ God/Developer we can see next to your name on the scoreboard as a badge?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Isn't it common knowledge? :D
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    - Made medpack accuracy stricter, pickups have to occur in 25ms for it to count as a hit instead of the previous 100ms.
    - Enabled tvglare element in the main menu so the Fastload menu mods work again.
    - Added kills per weapon and the longest killstreak to the endgame stats.
    - Fixed bug where the follow mode would try to follow entities that weren't players.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Did I already say the hud bars are awesome?
    Because... awesome. :D
    Small but big change:

Made spectator follow mode keep following the player through class changes.
    edited August 2014
    Edit: Ok, I've emptied NS2+ in the workshop until I figure out what's going on, sorry everyone :(

You can have it mounted and when it's fixed it will work again, but for now it will do nothing (as it has no files).

Edit2: Republished! It should be working now.
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Edit: Ok, I've emptied NS2+ in the workshop until I figure out what's going on, sorry everyone :(

You can have it mounted and when it's fixed it will work again, but for now it will do nothing (as it has no files).

Edit2: Republished! It should be working now.

Best talking paperclip ever.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    @Mendasp‌ , i'm using team sensitivities, and as marine when i go to main menu it changes to alien value, checked in console. haven't been alien yet on this pub to test if it's the same on alien or if alien is the "default" value. enjoy!
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Ots wrote: »
    @Mendasp‌ , i'm using team sensitivities, and as marine when i go to main menu it changes to alien value, checked in console. haven't been alien yet on this pub to test if it's the same on alien or if alien is the "default" value. enjoy!

Do you mean you have to use your alien value on the main menu? This is not too hard to select "Disconnect"? with a such sensitivity?

I've had a quick look... When you say main menu, you actually mean readyroom, right? Because that actually fits with what you're describing.
    no i meant i'm playing, during a round as marine, i went to options to check w/e and it reset to alien value, was a bit weirded out, and it keeps happening so it wasn't a one time deal
    no i meant i'm playing, during a round as marine, i went to options to check w/e and it reset to alien value, was a bit weirded out, and it keeps happening so it wasn't a one time deal

I think I know what happened.

You opened your options menu as an alien, then kept playing, switched teams, opened your options menu again, but the options menu doesn't refresh any values if you change them in console after it was opened the first time, so it kept your old sensitivity, if you clicked apply, it applied your other team sens... that's the only way I could reproduce your problem...
    Nah it wasn't that, i've been marine the whole time, i'll have to try some extensive testing later when i'm done with the pubs. It doesn't happen all the time, but i've had it 2 or 3 times now on this same server..
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Is it possible for you to allow in-game gamma adjusting via ns2+? I turned on low lights and adjusted my monitor but am unable to get a very bright image in which seeing is 'very' easy

Unless you have another solution to that
    ezekel wrote: »
    Is it possible for you to allow in-game gamma adjusting via ns2+? I turned on low lights and adjusted my monitor but am unable to get a very bright image in which seeing is 'very' easy

Not really... NS2 doesn't have any brightness settings so...
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mendasp wrote: »
    ezekel wrote: »

Not really... NS2 doesn't have any brightness settings so...

I shall tune my monitor until it outputs the rays of the sun itself! But honestly that sucks, low lights gives over 20 fps constantly but they're very 'dull' instead of fullbright. Anyway I'll just make a separate profile for ns2 on my monitor and raise brightness/contrast/gamma to insane levels :D
  • PolskaKielbasaPolskaKielbasa Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187917Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Hi mendasp, could you add an option to autopick up welder if the slot is empty ?
    Hi mendasp, could you add an option to autopick up welder if the slot is empty ?

That's exactly how the autopickup option works, except it does it for any empty slot.
  • PolskaKielbasaPolskaKielbasa Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187917Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, I thought that the option "weapon autopickup" applies only to weapons... it works now.
    Small update:

- Changed method of doing the player colors in the minimap to be more mod friendly.
    - Fixed rounding error in HL2 style bars.
    - Fixed white box around health/armor in marine HUD when not displaying the vanilla bars.
    - Compatibility with build 269.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    noticed a little bug in a PCW yesterday:

I use the magenta colour for aliens on the minimap but halucinations stay orange on the minimap
    It's not a bug, I'm not recoloring hallucinations.
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Maybe I missed something, but the ammo-bar color was changed in top-down commander view. The bright blue on slightly bright blue is hard on my eyes when I have my brightness up. Could we get a darker blue so that I can tell who needs ammo at a glance or is it possible to bring back the ammo-bar from before?
    ball2hi wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but the ammo-bar color was changed in top-down commander view. The bright blue on slightly bright blue is hard on my eyes when I have my brightness up. Could we get a darker blue so that I can tell who needs ammo at a glance or is it possible to bring back the ammo-bar from before?
    That's in vanilla, it's been a while since I've touched the colors of the bars.

Also, patch release... I accidentally included someone else's mod because I had it on my testing folder and I pushed it with an update, oops!
    - Added option to delay ending recording after releasing the microphone binding (default 0.15 seconds).
    - Fixed issue with microphone being cut off when switching in/out of commander mode.

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    - Added option to delay ending recording after releasing the microphone binding (default 0.15 seconds

Thank you! This was so annoying! You should enable it 'on' by default imo.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited September 2014
    aeroripper wrote: »
    - Added option to delay ending recording after releasing the microphone binding (default 0.15 seconds

Thank you! This was so annoying! You should enable it 'on' by default imo.
    Yup, I did. It defaults to 0.15 seconds, and can be raised to as high as 1 second.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2014
    I do localization NS2 and think that weapons(JP, Exo)/life form icon will be more usable than text.
    http://i.imgur.com/2oug6Be.png
    It can be done as a another mod or as new feature for release build.
    What you think?
    NS1 did use icons and I've thought about it in the past, but I haven't had the time to look into it just yet.
    Well wrote: »
    I do localization NS2 and think that weapons(JP, Exo)/life form icon will be more usable than text.
    http://i.imgur.com/2oug6Be.png
    It can be done as a another mod or as new feature for release build.
    What you think?

Weapons and all that stuff aren't supposed to be translated as far as I know. That should be a better idea I guess to have those in English. Everyone knows their dedicated words, right?