NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Any chance we can get an option to adjust our WEAPON viewmodel field of view? I just relaunched ns2 after so long and just noticed how big my gun is :P
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Released another update, fixed commander accuracies and some bugs with the new HUD bars options.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Mendasp wrote: »
    can gorge spit be added to the post game accuracy stats?

edit: also I don't know if it's been fixed since a week ago, but for the first life of a gorge, it doesn't track accuracy. after the first death it works fine though.

I'm only tracking accuracy for hitscan weapons, so Gorges don't have accuracies.

any chances this could be looked into then?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    New build is out... that means... new NS2+!

- Added NS2+ Options to the main menu if the mod is mounted.
    - Autopickup Better Weapon option now keeps your current weapon as long as it's better than the LMG.
    - Added HUD bars option. You can choose to have HUD info next to your crosshair (HL2 style) or to the sides at the bottom (NS1 style). Available in HUD tab. Thanks to rantology for the art!
    - Fixed crosshair hit indicator fade time not being applied on map load properly.
    - Added team specific sensitivities. Available in Misc. tab.
    - Added team specific FOVs. Available in Misc. tab.

- Tweaked the rifle muzzleflash and some ricochet particles under Minimal Particles setting.

Best ns2+ patch yet.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Quake hitsounds is broken?

Update: sorry, didn't taked into account a new hitsound volume option
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    seems that marine minimap player color option does not work properly while marine is attacking
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    seems that marine minimap player color option does not work properly while marine is attacking

What is this supposed to mean? When the game determines you are in combat the icon flashes red, it has always been like that.
    edited August 2014

What is this supposed to mean? When the game determines you are in combat the icon flashes red, it has always been like that.

If I set the option on "green", it will flash "red and default" instead "red and green". I suppose that because I have "Vindaloo's Colored Minimap" mod, and it flashes "red and blue".

Btw, I stay with Vindaloo's mod, because "Vindaloo's blue" is better than "NS2+ blue" :p
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263126853
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    As I understand it, material sounds were "fixed" so that we can now hear them. They were also lowered in sound, but I still think they are too high if I were to have them at all. Could we possibly get a volume slider for material sounds oh great modder @mendasp?
    - Fixed alien armor still showing up in rare instances for alien HUD bars.
    - Made HL2 HUD bars thinner and slightly more transparent.
    edited August 2014

Is half life 2 hud bars make my hp/ammo like counter-strike? haven't tried it // how do we disable names on the hud? Could of swore it was a regular game option but I don't see it anywhere

anyway came here to ask, does this mod sync with the steam cloud? If not what file do we backup to keep the settings, so say if I swap to another pc and install the mod I can just quickly paste the file to have everything seamless

Also great work with the mod, disabling rag dolls and putting on low lights along with being able to use some old alien visions is really great
    ezekel wrote: »

Is half life 2 hud bars make my hp/ammo like counter-strike? haven't tried it // how do we disable names on the hud? Could of swore it was a regular game option but I don't see it anywhere

anyway came here to ask, does this mod sync with the steam cloud? If not what file do we backup to keep the settings, so say if I swap to another pc and install the mod I can just quickly paste the file to have everything seamless

Also great work with the mod, disabling rag dolls and putting on low lights along with being able to use some old alien visions is really great

HL2 HUD bars is the HL2 crosshair where you have bars on each side showing HP/Ammo

What do you mean disable names on the hud? If you mean the minimap you can either type: "minimapnames" in console or bind the "Toggle minimap names" key in your binds menu. However if you mean the NS2+ feature where you can change the building names with a % then that's Minimal Nameplates, which you can change in the Visual tab of NS2+ Options. Now on the off-chance than none of these solutions was the one you were looking for and you mean the slightly disgusting HUD detail option of NS2, which removes building names and leaves the bars (among other changes), then that's in the General options menu under HUD Quality.

I can't think of more features that are any similar to what you describe.

crosshairs2.gif

You can see how the ones I implemented look like here:

NS2+ writes its config to options.xml, like the rest of the NS2 config, so if you're using Steam Cloud it's already backed up.

I think that covers everything!
    Ok thanks for the info, and yes minimap names was what I was looking for. Trying to track and fade and you have 'xXxxMLGxxXXESLxXXx420' running around on the map didn't help in a pub ;p

And awesome, glad to hear it backs up to cloud!
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2014
    @Mendasp‌ Any way to get rid of this rainforest sound loop that happens frequently? https://youtube.com/watch?v=QTtsS0tDK3s
    sebb wrote: »
    @Mendasp‌ Any way to get rid of this rainforest sound loop that happens frequently? https://youtube.com/watch?v=QTtsS0tDK3s

If I recall correctly, you have to enter "third person camera" near the Hive, then go away from it until you stop hearing it (about a room away) then you can go back to overhead and it stops.

I think.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer

If I recall correctly, you have to enter "third person camera" near the Hive, then go away from it until you stop hearing it (about a room away) then you can go back to overhead and it stops.

I think.

As in, stops forever? :D

I think.

As in, stops forever? :D
    I think so, it gets triggered on game start I believe.
    - Added Gorge Spit accuracy back.
    - Added some rounding to the options menu so people don't freak out about floating point precision.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    - Added Gorge Spit accuracy back.
    - Added some rounding to the options menu so peopleSyknik dwon't freak out about floating point precision.
    Fixt.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Ots - naw, that shit was anoying man
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Mendasp, could you add special big icon if commander got out from hive/cc (at center-below screen). Sometimes changing the text hard to spot in battle.

And remove the blue grid on the entire screen when you sit in the exo
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Well wrote: »
    Mendasp, could you add special big icon if commander got out from hive/cc (at center-below screen). Sometimes changing the text hard to spot in battle.

And remove the blue grid on the entire screen when you sit in the exo

As options I guess. I like the blue grid on my screen. Even if I never buy Exos...
    If the blue grid are the scanlines that's already disabled if you play with minimal HUD on.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    If the blue grid are the scanlines that's already disabled if you play with minimal HUD on.
    I cant play with minimal HUD without minmap :(
    Could you add minimap in option?
    I cant play with minimal HUD without minmap :(
    Could you add minimap in option?

Not the minimal HUD from vanilla, the NS2+ Option. And there is already an option to enable or disable the minimap... These are really old options.
    Not the minimal HUD from vanilla, the NS2+ Option. And there is already an option to enable or disable the minimap... These are really old options.
    Hmmm, thx.
    What about "comm off" icon?

Hmmm, thx.
    What about "comm off" icon?
    You already have the commander name on the UI, duplicate/redundant information is bad and clutters the UI.

In other news:

• TachiTachi moldova Join Date: 2014-01-06 Member: 192562Members
    FIrst person? Is it fixed now?
    Tachi wrote: »
    FIrst person? Is it fixed now?

No.
    - Fixed amazing bug that made the Endgame Stats show every time the request key was released ignoring all laws of physics, common sense, and other stuff. Seriously, wtf.
    - Added improved follow mode to Insight. When clicking on a player frame it will autofollow that player until it dies or changes classes (or the frame is clicked again).