"17 NEW PLURAL"

VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
I don't know how to describe this, but it's not supposed to happen.

2688dc91806f65381741f0c74ba411.png

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Yeah okay, that's pretty weurd.
    @comprox you know who to call.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I can't seem to re-create this issue. Got any more info I could pass along? (Browser version and such)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Up-to-date firefox, Windows 7. It's not happening all the time, either. This was the second time it happened.

If you want to know anything more specific, ask, because frankly I have no idea what could influence this, either.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Chrome Browser on XP, it happens to me as well. It looks like it is printing the variable name, rather than the contents, I assume the contents of 'Plural' should be 'Messages'.
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    Chrome Browser (newest version), win7 64-bit. I had the same screen as OP. Also saw the 2 new plural on derelict some time ago, where this seemed to start.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Vert^ wrote: »
    Chrome Browser (newest version), win7 64-bit. I had the same screen as OP. Also saw the 2 new plural on derelict some time ago, where this seemed to start.

This is where it started for me, too.

We have to take containment measurements soon or it will soon infestate the whole board, and then...
    the world.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Got it earlier today.
    It seems to happen ( i think) if you open a thread with new responses on an alternate page on a page you have already read, then go back to the main forum.

Not sure if that's how it actually does, but it seems to me that's how i can recreate it. O.o

Linux mint 17, firefox and chrome, but i don't think that's important.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Got it earlier today.
    It seems to happen ( i think) if you open a thread with new responses on an alternate page on a page you have already read, then go back to the main forum.

My old brain is not understanding the steps you are doing in. I've tried some variants a few times with no success. Mind laying it out for my simple mind?