NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• zenefzenef Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183762Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "marines win" when aliens kill the last cc, "aliens win" when marines kill the last hive. This has happened at least 10 times for me, only on servers with ns2+. First thing that came into my mind was this:
    SupaFred wrote: »
    @remi.D‌ I just played a round that marines lost but it was reported as a draw. Couldn't see anything about it in the log. Can post it later if you want.

If its related easy solution would be to remove this "draw games is a thing"
    I have never seen a game end up with draw in over 2000h of gameplay.

Thanks for all the other good stuff :)

• remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited July 2014
    @zenef If you see this again and get me a server log it would be immensely helpful. It's likely a conflict with another mod, but if it's something wrong with the code I really need to know. :)
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited July 2014
    @zenef I found one logic flaw where it would attribute auto-concedes (team unbalance) to the wrong team. Potentially this is what you saw. Please post if you see this again after the next NS2+ update.

@SupaFred‌
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited July 2014
    @Mendasp‌ @remi.D Not sure if it's NS2+ causing this or if it's something else but I got complaints from players on my compmod server that they were moved to the readyroom as soon as a round was about to start. Compmod server log
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited July 2014
    I was also able to reproduce the error on the Combat server with the round ending after a player is killed. In the log it says we commited suicide but we were killed by a player on the opposite team. Combat server log.

Thanks in advance guys!
    @Mendasp‌ @remi.D Not sure if it's NS2+ causing this or if it's something else but I got complaints from players on my compmod server that they were moved to the readyroom as soon as a round was about to start. Compmod server log
    Fun script error right before it. Not sure if that could have caused the issue but I'm fixing it for 267. Game ended because both teams had no players. Not sure what caused that.
    I was also able to reproduce the error on the Combat server with the round ending after a player is killed. In the log it says we commited suicide but we were killed by a player on the opposite team. Combat server log.

Thanks in advance guys!

[19:47:44][Elixer (Server)] Marine loss reason: Can't spawn [226.957169]
    [19:47:44][Elixer (Server)] Alien loss reason: nil

My bet is Combat replaced that function and NS2Plus is overwriting the replacement... I shall investigate.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited July 2014
    Yup, first bug should be fixed (incorrect win attribution on games ending due to team imbalance)
    Second bug (combat mod incompatibility) is fixed on the NS2+ side but won't be compatible until the Combat guys do a fix on their end.
    remi.D wrote: »
    Yup, first bug should be fixed (incorrect win attribution on games ending due to team imbalance)
    Second bug (combat mod incompatibility) is fixed on the NS2+ side but won't be compatible until the Combat guys do a fix on their end.

Thanks! Too bad about the second bug though. I'm guessing the combat team is too focused on the stand-alone to update the mod.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    iirc - faultline games open sourced the combat mod code - they're not the ones continuing the mod. Their only focus is stand-alone combat.
  • LerkinOffLerkinOff Join Date: 2013-05-16 Member: 185254Members
    Mendasp can you please make this a hitsound,

Here is someone using it in tf2 for reference,

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    LerkinOff wrote: »
    Mendasp can you please make this a hitsound,

Here is someone using it in tf2 for reference,

This would make the immersion levels go off the charts. I don't think NS2 can handle this.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    That should be the Xeno sound, tbh. I need to be more immersed every time I am xeno'd.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited July 2014
    I made a little mod that extends the max decal lifetime to 1 hour, so you can get a much more battle scared appearance to the map over time. Tested for an hour with 12v12 bot match and performance hit is negligible. Unfortunately, you can't really use it anywhere due to most servers running consistency checking. Would love to see an option for it in NS2+. It is a single "kDecalMaxLifetime = 3600" value in Globals.lua. It's a purely cosmetic mod, and doesn't alter gameplay in any way.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282147133
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    aeroripper wrote: »
    I made a little mod that extends the max decal lifetime to 1 hour, so you can get a much more battle scared appearance to the map over time. Tested for an hour with 12v12 bot match and performance hit is negligible. Unfortunately, you can't really use it anywhere due to most servers running consistency checking. Would love to see an option for it in NS2+. It is a single "kDecalMaxLifetime = 3600" value in Globals.lua. It's a purely cosmetic mod, and doesn't alter gameplay in any way.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282147133

Oh yes. I would love this a lot. Please Mendasp!
    Unfortunately, you can't really use it anywhere due to most servers running consistency checking.

@aeroripper‌
    What needs to be changed in the consistency check?

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately, you can't really use it anywhere due to most servers running consistency checking.

@aeroripper‌
    What needs to be changed in the consistency check?

The lua file (Global.lua) he has modded. But be aware that bad modders ( not looking at anyone ) could use that security lack ;) And its a pretty large one.

By the way @aeroripper‌ why don't you open a pull request at github ?
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation

I'm familiar with github itself but not a pull request? What's that do?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2014

I'm familiar with github itself but not a pull request? What's that do?

https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

Basically by pull request you can present changes you did for your repo fork to the original repo owner and ask them to look at your changes with the request to merge them into their repo fork (with one click).

Overall thats the power of git in generall. Everyone can modify and fork a repo then work on his own changes in his own fork and branch and then let the original owner merge all those changes in with one click into the original fork.

That would save both of you (mendasp and yourself) alot of time for now and the future.

In this case you just need to find a ns2+ file were you the variable change fits into.

Maybe add a option in the ns2+ options to define the maxtime of decals. That would be the best way to include it.

edited July 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Added Lerk Bite icon.
    - Enabled hitsounds for Grenade Launcher.
    - Made unsocketed/blueprint Power Nodes show up properly in the minimap.
    - Added option to choose the color of the minimap arrow representing your position. Available in HUD tab.
    - Alien Commanders can now see the energy of the players.
    - Added high contrast colors for armor in Insight.
    - Added max decal lifetime option. You can set how long decals last (still affected by the vanilla setting). Available in Visual tab.

Edit: There was a problem with the patch and I've had to roll back. I'll update as soon as I figure out what's wrong.

Great work! Looking forward to trying changes out when it updates.
    Changes are great. The only feedback I have is changing the gray color of the alien energy bar (from the khamms view) to the same shade of yellow it appears in insight (spectate).
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Made unsocketed/blueprint Power Nodes show up properly in the minimap.

This is great, but im confusing blue things on the minimap with dropped structures. It would be great if unsocketed nodes were grey rather than blue and only turned blue if they are blueprinted.

Maybe this is just me being a picky bitch though ^^
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The intensity of the blue should change depending on the percentage the powernode is built. This change is crucial to the success of NS2.
    - Unsocketed power nodes are now grey.
    - Made alien energy bar for Commanders the same color as it is in Insight.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Bug report: if you're in spectate mode and you go from overhead commander view back to battlefield view, atmospherics get reset. You have to go back into the menu and nudge the slider to get it to "fix".
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey Mendasp, There is a problem.

When loading the map i'm working on with NS2+ active map will not load. Without NS2+ mod it loads just fine. This is when I am starting my own server on my comp.
    Hope you can fix this.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Saying "It does not work" won't help anybody. At least provide a list of all your mods and a log.
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow