co_Core remake (Alpha 6 just released!)

124»

Comments

• Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    edited December 2013
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Found an issue: Fades can't comfortably fit through the doorway to that small stairwall area near alien start. Sometimes they can, and other times they can't. Got trapped in there with a shotgunner once :( If you just widen up the doorway just a little bit that should fix it.

Few more people have reported this, looks like the func_movable is causing strange behavior. Will look in to solution of this.
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I heard core uses water mod, is this true!?

Yeah, it was just a test, but I think I will leave it there. Looks nice, just wanna change the onscreen effect while under water to look like the sludge water.
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    ...needs big signs pointing to the "secret room" with water in it :P

No comment ;-)

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's completely possible to change the underwater filter. It's literally just a cinematic of a thin water model played in front of the person. Maybe scale the water down a little too :p. You can do that in the material file. Just need to make your water texture be replace the descent water, but I think you can only do that with a blank model with a different set material on top, since that one is added in code, on top of the model. So it will look like you water sludge is actually moving. Will experiment with this and see if I can come up with something
    Just updated the co_Core. With the completely new Marine Spawn (still WIP though). Everyone had probably already seen the pictures of new MS in the screenshots topic, so no screens this time, go and see it for yourself :-P

Also I had to revert the route from Marine Junction to Central to the previous version. And last not the least is the fix for that doors blocking Fades.

Hope you will like the update :)

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    Rudy.cz wrote: »
    Just updated the co_Core. With the completely new Marine Spawn (still WIP though). Everyone had probably already seen the pictures of new MS in the screenshots topic, so no screens this time, go and see it for yourself :-P

Also I had to revert the route from Marine Junction to Central to the previous version. And last not the least is the fix for that doors blocking Fades.

Hope you will like the update :)

This is my favorite combat map, by far! Are you still working on this?
    Of course, slowly but steadily. But since the map got approved for Combat all the new changes are now secret :)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Of course, slowly but steadily. But since the map got approved for Combat all the new changes are now secret :)

Erm... I think THAT was a secret too!... lol. But I already had no doubt that this map would make the cut.
    Nope it was already mentioned in the press release coming along with the PAX presentation.
    Nope it was already mentioned in the press release coming along with the PAX presentation.

Ah, it slipped past me... well congrats dude!