Is it not time for the next build soon?

Comments

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Might be gorge webs for less biomass or no res cost?
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Might make gorge babblers playable by team members!
    Awww yeah!
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Exo's are sadly underused these days.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    T-shaped people are scary, especially T-shaped women

Da Vinci didn't think so.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2014
    xDragon wrote: »
    The closest of the games for the final 4 was a 4-2, and IMO a small balance change would have had no impact on those games, after a couple rounds you could really see the stronger team in those games.

I could see resistance to changes if they were nerfs to a specific teams strats, but considering these are really buffs, and buffs to something no one plays with, I don't understand why its such a big deal. Everyone would have equal time to test and play with the changes, I don't really see anything 'unfair' about it.

i think the patch should come out now, but I do see and agree with the teams for not wanting it. for example, if they were to change up something like shade hallucinations to make them more viable (a buff, like you said) but only a couple teams got around to playing with it due to scheduling reasons with their teams and they learned that it's actually amazing right now, that wouldn't be fair for the other two teams who didn't have time to play with it or learn how to counter it. a week before the last ESEA lan valve had changed up one of the tf2 medics healing weapons (quickfix), but due to the previous stigma almost nobody cared to learn it because 'how could it be good?' (which is also why it wasn't banned like most new/edited items were). well, during the LAN the one team who did have the time and will to try it out learned it's actually very powerful now and ended up ruining the LAN from a spectators perspective. it was indescribably slow paced and boring as neither teams would push because nobody knew how to counter the new week-old weapon. it truly did ruin the 15k prizepot lan.

i don't know or care when these matches are, i'm just assuming they're a week or two away, anything further than that and my point kind of fades away as they should have the necessary time, i think.
    xen32 wrote: »
    Might be gorge webs for less biomass or no res cost?

i honestly don't think they care for fixing gorge webs, sadly. hopefully i'm proven wrong with this patch, but I think if it doesn't come now it never will.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The finals are on Feb 22nd, so much more than a week or two...
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    The finals are on Feb 22nd, so much more than a week or two...

as I said, don't care.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ok, if I got SamusDroid's hints right, it's hallucinations.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok, if I got SamusDroid's hints right, it's hallucinations.
    haha indeed and nothing about webs.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    How about make the Finalist of NSWC play Skulks With Shotguns - Capture The Gorge instead of vanilla NS2. See how fast they can adapt then. xD
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    The first to rebuild clogdom? (great fortress of the khaara) Wins? :D?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    The first to rebuild clogdom? (great fortress of the khaara) Wins? :D?
    On lifesfuns server we have been building some clogdoms that are pretty great. Nazo got a video of the best one we did. I have some videos of other attempts but someone usually greifs before we reach glory.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited February 2014
    Well i hope the so called BIG build will finally add that false pistol sound they added on 1:26 just like i commented:

• shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cant wait for the upcoming build.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited February 2014
    RadimaX wrote: »
    Well i hope the so called BIG build will finally add that false pistol sound they added on 1:26 just like i commented:

It won't. I'm not sure what @hugh did there to make the trailer all future-y Hollywood sounding but it's not in the game.
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    shonan wrote: »

I hope they will balance it right, this is kinda last chance, before winter is over.
    Winter over = less players in all games. Player base will melt like a snow.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2014
    You won't be disappointed.
    I hope they will balance it right, this is kinda last chance, before winter is over.
    Winter over = less players in all games. Player base will melt like a snow.
    It's not winter for everyone. and that's what was said last year, and the year before that, and before that. never turned out to be true.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Truthiness value for May and June 2013 is quite high:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/4920#All
    October and November are also something to sneeze at.

@orbitalshape:
    Balance of an individiual round is very much in the hands of the players on the server.
    You can make it very exciting and fun by distributing the good players equally or you can make it a total snorefest - that's up to you and/or a moderator/admin...

Perfomance is the magic word.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    I think balance from the developer end is fine, with the caveat that exos need a bit of a boost to make them worth using. Mostly, it's just a case of getting equal skill on each team.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    Exo have more of an "oh s**t!" factor than anything, much like an Onos. Just the presence of an Exo in a room will deter a lone alien from entering it, much like if you hear an Onos trampling down a near corridor.
  • orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    I think balance from the developer end is fine, with the caveat that exos need a bit of a boost to make them worth using. Mostly, it's just a case of getting equal skill on each team.

They need hell of a boost, like unlimited glide with this hp.

NeXuS wrote: »
    Exo have more of an "oh s**t!" factor than anything thing, much like an Onos. Just the presence of an Exo in a room will deter a lone alien from entering a room, much like if you hear an Onos trampling in the the next room.

Onos can wreck at last 2 marines( an thats at last) at room if they are not jp, and get away for heal , and do it again .
    Exo cant , u can kill it with gorge bile + fade no problems, than heal fade and move up

Narfwak wrote: »
    RadimaX wrote: »

It won't. I'm not sure what @hugh did there to make the trailer all future-y Hollywood sounding but it's not in the game.

Yeah it felt like false advertizing, and the least he could do to redeem himself is to actually ADD the sounds to make the game cooler, not only its trailers lol
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
    joshhh wrote: »
    I've read the temp changelog and some of the changes WOULD affect the event. I'm having a hard time understanding why a pre-event patch release is even being considered.

This.
    xDragon wrote: »
    Suggesting that it could have changed the final 4 is pretty sad.

No it's not.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    We've waited this long... just wait a couple more weeks and let them release the patch after the NS2WC!
    i give UWE till next weekend considering how they would put a Steam Beta release within 10 days a while ago...
    But we all know what 10 UWE-days are like, so ill check back in March for that build :P
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let's hope that when ever this next build is released, it doesn't break every mod known to man.
    SamusDroid is on a Dissagreeing-spree :P if he dissagrees with "Let's hope that when ever this next build is released, it doesn't break every mod known to man."
    then he technicly wants the new mod to break every mod that is out there? or what do you mean samus? and you dissagree with me checking back in march if the build is out? so am i not allowed to come back in march in your opinion or what is the reason you do this?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's not going to break every mod known to man. And I disagree about the "10 UWE days" part, is all.