You know your team(-mate) is bad when...

Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
You know your team(-mate) is bad/derp when...

... everyone has a green name
... you have more kills then your entire team combined
... not a single person has a KD above 0.5
... you top the kills as commander
... everyone runs in the same direction repeatidly and dies
... everyone seems to do the exact opposite from what their com tells them to do
... people rushing into groups of enemies one by one and dieing
... a player complains about *stack* in an even game
... a player complains about "number" stacking one team, when in reality people simply left the server
... a player tries to votekick the best player of the other team
... a player tries to votekick/-eject a good commander
... a player tries to reset the game... 20 minutes into the game
... a player tries to randomize RR when nobody is in RR (or only specators)
... a marine can't kill a single skulk after spending 20+ meds and nano shields on him
... a marine builds powernodes that serve no purpose (i.e. when com dropped all nodes on the map)
... you see marines repeatidly killing themselves with GLs
... you see marines trying to buy unresearched weapons
... marines are placing mines so close together that hundreds of PRES will go to waste instantly
... marines are crying to research exos 1 minute into the game
... marines are dieing instantly with their exo when you've finally researched them
... aliens don't get any lifeform upgrades
... aliens have 100 PRES and are still skulking
... you see skulks biting unbuilt power nodes
... you see 4 skulks battling a marine and still have them loose
... gorges build two tunnels in the same place
... multiple gorges build tunnels to the same locations
... gorges block off the retreat with logs for higher lifeforms like onos or fade, so they ultimately get killed
... gorges spit buildings instead of using bile
... lerks are sitting on the floor spiking
... fades are not using blink, but instead walk accross the map
... fades are confusing themselves with vortex
... onoses are dieing about a second after they run into enemies
... your commander builds 3 armories or [insert other useless duplicate building] in your main base
... your commander builds like a maniac, but never gets any upgrades
... the alien com gets lifeform upgrades, but never any biomass
... your commander spends all resources before getting any resource towers

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    ... fades are confusing themselves with vortex

I have never seen this one but I can only imagine. "Guys guys theres a problem. Everytime I try to attack I teleport elsewhere! PLS help"
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited January 2014
    ...Half of the skulks on your team are just sitting above doorways playing ninja instead of moving around the map
    ...a vanilla marine phases away from a fight just so they won't die
  • HobocopHobocop Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75226Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    ...You see skulks biting random power nodes that serve no purpose that newbie marines built
    ...You see aliens prioritizing power nodes instead of lone extractors
    ...You see aliens doing the above and attempting to rationalize it
    ...You see aliens taking down a power node at a location where there's nothing but a phase gate instead of meat grinding the phase gate
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    ... you have 4 Oni and 2 Fades and 2 Lerks in your team but no gorge at all because gorgies are "too cheap".
    ... which causes the round to take 60 min instead of 30 because marines start turtling.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    ... Any com with 45+ res

... Any alien trying to use a closed GT

... Babbler ball attacking, lol without babblers..

Side note you gave me an amusing troll idea... New goal is to use my mines to link as many mines together as I can!!!
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Whips before upgrades.

Fighting early fades with a0/w0

Commmander telling you not to focus the early lerk and instead build the pg while the lerk rapes you
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    -when marine comm researches phase gates first every single game
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Im not sure how to respond to this.

O wait yes I do,
    -When onos solo enemy base
    -When they try to kill an onos with a flamer
    -When comm puts up many sentries at start
    -When khamm puts up many whips at start

Of course, as for the whole low k/d thing that would depend if I was on the other team or not.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ...when a skulk tries to use a pg.
  • StarkStark Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186336Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ...when four marines just watch one gorge destroy the arms lab, phase gate and one or both ips in your main base.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    When hydra rushes are too OP.
    When welders become weapons of mass skulk annihilation.
    When as you bite/swipe/spike/spit/gore a marine when silent and he doesn't turn around.
    When as you bite/swipe/spike/spit/gore a marine without silence and he doesn't turn around.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    james888 wrote: »
    When as you bite/swipe/spike/spit/gore a marine without silence and he doesn't turn around.
    ...whuh... who?!
    Ok gentlemen, we've found the ultimate level of bad. if they start doing this, f4 will be inevitable.

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    ...whuh... who?!
    Ok gentlemen, we've found the ultimate level of bad. if they start doing this, f4 will be inevitable.

happens easily if you're a lerk hovar-ing sillently behind them as they are walking away and get those 3 bites in before they react. happens to good ppl a lot.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Yeah I spend many a pub game biting gorges and turning my welder on and off hoping I am not being too subtle. Next is to verbally abuse over the mic ^_^
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Omega_K2 wrote: »
    This is my pet vice in NS2 commanding. It's actually very easy to top kills as comm with a little luck. Killing marines attacking the hive while being healed by the hive is pretty easy, and as marine comm if the skulks don't react to you hopping out of chair that's easy kills too.

Irregardless, I won't miss the opportunity to nag to my team about it. :D Don't tell anyone, shhh!
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    When someone requests sentries before you even have armor 1. This actually happens a lot.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Omega_K2 wrote: »
    This is my pet vice in NS2 commanding. It's actually very easy to top kills as comm with a little luck. Killing marines attacking the hive while being healed by the hive is pretty easy, and as marine comm if the skulks don't react to you hopping out of chair that's easy kills too.

Irregardless, I won't miss the opportunity to nag to my team about it. :D Don't tell anyone, shhh!

I can understand top kill ratio, but top kills is entirely different. comma should never get top kills, I mean it's nearly impossible outside of sentry pushing and terrible players. or teamstack. where you're literally the only one getting kills at all.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    ^ unless you drop yourself a fade egg... :)
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited January 2014
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    ...whuh... who?!

Bonus points if there's another marine in the room building the power during the entire encounter.

Double bonus points if there's another marine in the room building a RT before the power during the entire encounter.
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    When at the first sign of loss a vote to concede floods the chat.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    -your team mate is so determine to build the rt, they ignore all else, including the large skulk pack that is fighting with your team in the same room.
    -they tailgate you so hard, their rifle is up your backside, then don't react when a skulk is among you
    -they learn to weld (yay), but weld you from the front when you have a grenade launcher
    -they try to kill a marine by using parasite alone
    -the gorge charges into battle alone only to be gunned down by 4 marines

• HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2014
    ... when one of the first thing the com builds is a robo factory, followed by sentries.
    ... when it's after 10 minutes into the game and you have no bile bomb, leap, or umbra/spores
    ... when the alien commander doesn't build a single drifter in the game, ever - or there is one, but it's never used even to build structures.
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    ... when idle all the time posting in the forums.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    - when the 2/3 top scorers are gorges, also the only team members with positive KDR
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    edited January 2014
    current1y wrote: »
    ... when you leave buildings damaged so you can get your armor up later.

haven't done this one yet, but have been inordinately glad to find a damaged power node sometimes :)

and have been known to seriously deemphasize killing cysts for similar reasons.