You know your team(-mate) is bad when...

Comments

• GreymaneGreymane Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187268Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You know your team(-mate) is bad when
    ... you start to be pretentious?

:3
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Thanks for the information on phase gates!
    joshhh wrote: »
    craZyfx wrote: »
    .. they don't have any badges ;)

Apparently his joke went right over most of your heads...
    *sigh*

Anyway, YOU KNOW YOUR TEAM(-MATE) IS BAD WHEN... they travel in packs like cattle getting herded around by the commander.

I don't know... I think there's worse things than marines who go in groups and do what their commander says. On the other hand, I like phase gates, too, so my opinion may be flawed ;)
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    this thread is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

...when 3+ aliens run into marine start and all attack something different
    ...when 3+ aliens run into marine start and only bite something random (like air) 2 or 3 times then run out (leaving the rest of the attack pack)
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    gets armour 3, while refusing to drop an armoury saying "I'll drop you meds/ammo". While all we want in life is to buy a welder. :(

Oh and then when crap coms defend there actions with the number of hours instead of logical reasoning (500+ in the above example)
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "Next is to verbally abuse over the mic ^_^ " - Lol, the price some pay to play Pub!
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    gets armour 3, while refusing to drop an armoury saying "I'll drop you meds/ammo". While all we want in life is to buy a welder. :(

Oh and then when crap coms defend there actions with the number of hours instead of logical reasoning (500+ in the above example)

if that actually happened to you, im inclined to believe you we're being trolled. armory is kinda necessary for teching up... armor 3, no obs, no shotguns, no jetpacks, no mines... what exactly was the comm spending his res on?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    When are onos saddles coming anyway?
    My brain child needs a willing modder.

• SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »

...when 3+ aliens run into marine start and only bite something random (like air) 2 or 3 times then run out (leaving the rest of the attack pack)

Or they attack the RT. Because, you know, the RT is clearly the most valuable and important structure in the base.
  • FreekerFreeker France Join Date: 2013-10-28 Member: 188858Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    .... when a marine come and finish the power node you've just built at 99%
    .... when you get back to a gorge with 10%hp and he prefers try to spit to death the 4 chasing marines.
    .... when they ask for exo 3minute into the game.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2014
    ... when @WasabiOne top frags in a game of SwS.

:P
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »

Or they attack the RT. Because, you know, the RT is clearly the most valuable and important structure in the base.

I have on occasion lone skulked the main base rt because I know the marines wont come to stop me. I could reword that:

When everyone phases/runs out of base all though a skulk is attacking the RT(or something) in base, and you can't do anything because your on your third harvester kill in a row.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    maD_maX_ wrote: »

Are you talking about that game in refinery?

Comm wanted to arc turbine from chasm, we had no phase to get there, and our comm is raging asking why no one is defending arcs. (Main was flow..tech point on other side of map)

ouch
    when you outkill the rest of your team combined.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    When your skulk buddy attempts to help you bite down a PG and doesn't realize he is biting you instead. dmg indicators ppl
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    amoral wrote: »

ouch

He knows we <3 him. :D
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    ...when a skulk tries to use a pg.

What's wrong with that? =D

Honestly though, marines can use gorge tunnels but aliens cant use pg?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited January 2014
    Omega_K2 wrote: »
    Runki wrote: »
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »
    -when marine comm researches phase gates first every single game
    How is this a bad decision?

if you have to ask, you're not ready for the answer. come back in 500 hours.

PG first is a valid tatic, especailly on larger maps

If it's properly done, and most of time it isn't.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    ".. they don't have any badges ;) "

Does it count if I sticky tape a flea to the monitor?
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    coolitic wrote: »
    ...when a skulk tries to use a pg.

What's wrong with that? =D

Honestly though, marines can use gorge tunnels but aliens cant use pg?

muh asymmetry
  • StarkStark Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186336Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    ...when you are over half the map away from an armory, you call for ammo in the middle of a fight, and the comm says "I dropped you ammo at the armory".

...when you have 1 hp and the comm drops your med pack(s) half way down the hallway...right in front of a hydra.
    Stark wrote: »
    ...when you are over half the map away from an armory, you call for ammo in the middle of a fight, and the comm says "I dropped you ammo at the armory".

...when you have 1 hp and the comm drops your med pack(s) half way down the hallway...right in front of a hydra.

now you're just giving me ideas. yes my marine buddy, right over here next to this alien plan is sweet sweet health. mind the thorns.
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    ... when one of the first thing the com builds is a robo factory, followed by sentries.

This so much.

Or if you don't get any ammo/health at all, even though you are pressing the button, using (voice)chat and explaining your commander how to do it.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Or if you don't get any ammo/health at all, even though you are pressing the button, using (voice)chat and explaining your commander how to do it.
    Oh god, I've done that. I've gone step by step to explain how to do things, and they don't know how even after that. It's...amazing, really.

Oh god, I've done that. I've gone step by step to explain how to do things, and they don't know how even after that. It's...amazing, really.

It's like talking to a wall

did that once. we spent 5 minutes trying to tell the comm what to do, ended up the comma had sound off.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    when you bite a marine building a power node once and he continues building the node instead of shooting at you.

seriously this happens alot, i even went in front of his face as a skulk and just para killed him

complete brain dead

did that once. we spent 5 minutes trying to tell the comm what to do, ended up the comma had sound off.

*facepalm*