You know your team(-mate) is bad when...

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited January 2014
    ...when your comm needs to get sentries for map control. and i mean NEEDS to get them.
    amoral wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    ...when you are over half the map away from an armory, you call for ammo in the middle of a fight, and the comm says "I dropped you ammo at the armory".

...when you have 1 hp and the comm drops your med pack(s) half way down the hallway...right in front of a hydra.

Or if you don't get any ammo/health at all, even though you are pressing the button, using (voice)chat and explaining your commander how to do it.
    Oh god, I've done that. I've gone step by step to explain how to do things, and they don't know how even after that. It's...amazing, really.

It's like talking to a wall

did that once. we spent 5 minutes trying to tell the comm what to do, ended up the comma had sound off.

Get this person on a div 1 team, he seems to know what hes doing.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    edited January 2014
    :) to be fair, I assumed it was his lag,he was also floating something like 500 ping. apparently just playing in the library or something. :)

the confusing part was, he was chatting back...
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    For explaining tasks such as how to place the resource tower. I explain it like this with keyboard commands. "Press spacebar, then s, and click by me"
    Works more often than not, although how fast one does it is an issue. Some persons will be able to see what I am saying and this happens in under 30 seconds. Some persons this is a two minute process, making me fight off two waves of skulks before he places the first RT.
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    when you bite a marine building a power node once and he continues building the node instead of shooting at you.

seriously this happens alot, i even went in front of his face as a skulk and just para killed him

complete brain dead

Ah yes, done that before
  • Butane45Butane45 Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186444Members
    When your commander informs you that medpacks are a "luxury" while still having 40 res (he also didn't spend it for the next few minutes).
  • craZyfxcraZyfx Austria Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ... when you are biting a PG and your teammate tries to help you by detonating the mine and killing you both ;)
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    ...when you have arrived on a German server and out of 18 players, you are the only one capable of human speech.
    Depending on how long you can stomach talking to a black hole of silence, you're in for a real fun conversation with a brick wall.
    craZyfx wrote: »
    ... when you are biting a PG and your teammate tries to help you by detonating the mine and killing you both ;)

those mines be sneaky

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    when locklear is on your team >:)
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    Doesn't quite belong here:

You know your team-mate is awesome when:
    ..they move in packs.
    ..they count in assaults.
    ..they hold their position until the count-in finishes and someone calls "Go!".

Found about 5 random non-clanners doing this together in a pub game. It was unexpected and awesome.
    Mouse wrote: »

..they move in packs.

Found about 5 random non-clanners doing this together in a pub game. It was unexpected and awesome.

also when people actually know how to distract the enemy... oh look the marine is shooting at my friend and his back is to me? let's wait and see who comes out on top...
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014

..they move in packs.

also when people actually know how to distract the enemy... oh look the marine is shooting at my friend and his back is to me? let's wait and see who comes out on top...

Shoots skulk
    Marine_icon.jpg
    Gets killed from behind
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

..they move in packs.

I knew I wasn't awesome, but I guess I know what to do. Count.

• BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    ...When someone finishes the power while building a remote gate
    ...Conversely, when someone wants to 99% every power node, including the ones at your natural RTs
  • craZyfxcraZyfx Austria Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    .. when you try to be sneaky and your teammate is killing all cysts to notify the alien commander
    ...Conversely, when someone wants to 99% every power node, including the ones at your natural RTs

actually, don't see a problem with this, good policy in general, on the off chance you die before finishing the Rt, at least you won't have to weld up a powernode. not a huge benefit , but at literally no cost except the one in a hundred times they attack in that 2 second window between finishing the phase or Rt and tapping the power.
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's more about making sound than it is about saving that precious power node.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »
    when locklear is on your team >:)

When you medspam Ezkill in map testing and he still gets rolled by one skulk.
    Argosh wrote: »
    It's more about making sound than it is about saving that precious power node.

as opposed to being completely quiet while building the res? if you're talking about 99ing literally every node, then it's more on the comm for dropping than on the other guy for building.
    duster wrote: »
    Comm you should put a phase gate in <natural rt>
    We need an armory also.
    ...two spawn waves later...
    We need sentries too. Then we can win.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited February 2014

actually, don't see a problem with this, good policy in general, on the off chance you die before finishing the Rt, at least you won't have to weld up a powernode. not a huge benefit , but at literally no cost except the one in a hundred times they attack in that 2 second window between finishing the phase or Rt and tapping the power.

I guess I should have been more clear: when that person makes a big deal about 99%ing every power node on the map.
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    - teammates don't check the map when nodes are under attack
    - skulks running straight at shotguns
    - marines constantly pressing jump
    - people who doesn't cover other teammates back
    - people who always joins marine and sucks at it
    - people who always joins alien and sucks at it
    - when a teammate says "command station under attack" and other teammates continue to go about their business
    - people who can't aim
    - people who stack the team with the regularly playing losers
    - person who plays too much NS2 he could dominate the entire enemy team
    - person who plays too much NS2 so much he sucks it
    - person who always complain how shitty this game is yet he continues to play

I guess I should have been more clear: when that person makes a big deal about 99%ing every power node on the map.

yolo baby, yolo
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    a62c338d9588e4232715fb8e8a5e8d.jpg

Why does my team keep yelling at me? They're the ones who keep attacking the res instead of the power!
    Not as good as @BeigeAlerts, but that picture reminded me of the bacon dog commercials with the golden retriever. And bacon is ns2 terminology.

cu2J7mx.jpg