Silly greens

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a negative thread. I hope this stays a light hearted friendly giggle about some of the silly things we see greens do.

So I joined a server that has the nsl mod on it. When I load up everyone is asking why isn't the game starting. I say "it has the nsl competitive mod and each team needs to have someone say ready" and everyone proceeds to start spamming ready repeatedly. I say "STOP!!!" "Only one person from each team has to say ready." Another minute or two later I got the game started.

Comments

• HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    More like silly pub server with NSL mod.
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    What pub server uses nsl? lol
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    AlhwUyKl.jpg

You have no idea how badly I wanted to be a Gorge that round.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I believe i can fly.. i believe i can be shot down by a rifle while i try to escape.. get killed by allies every day.. spread my wings and die away......

Friendly fire on pub is frightening. i'm not brave enough to do it.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    I believe i can fly.. i believe i can be shot down by a rifle while i try to escape.. get killed by allies every day.. spread my wings and die away......

Friendly fire on pub is frightening. i'm not brave enough to do it.
    In fact, I didn't mention it but that server had friendly fire. There were quite a few friendly kills.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Whoever is admin of that server really needs to turn that off...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I have a screenshot of a lonely prototype lab in seeding, but I'm on my phone atm and can't be arsed to find it...
    In the same game, a massive whip army was created and instantly marched off infestation to its inevitable doom.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited December 2013
    I always have to command :-/ but it helps the greens learn the game... I usually could command a victory w.o a mic or sound lol I just wanna shoot and bite stuff :-O

edit. I agree with ghost. ff on a server full of greens is just... mean lol
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I have a screenshot of a lonely prototype lab in seeding, but I'm on my phone atm and can't be arsed to find it...
    In the same game, a massive whip army was created and instantly marched off infestation to its inevitable doom.

BTW, I always wanted to try and use whips as a meat shield in a push. Never did, but it should work.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    xen32 wrote: »
    Roobubba wrote: »

BTW, I always wanted to try and use whips as a meat shield in a push. Never did, but it should work.

do this, but have 2-3 gorges with the rush and have them power build the cyst chain into marine start while keeping everything alive :) good old whip rush!

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    lol I was commanding and securing key locations of a map on a rookie server; killing anything along the way... zero people had microphones on my team, and very few listened to commands

*I also learned that commander binds reset, and my voice key went back to the default left alt and I was like.. why is nobody listening!!!!!!!!*
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I killed an onos with a turret
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I like dodging a ground walking skulk only to hear him spam the bite button.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    lol I was commanding and securing key locations of a map on a rookie server; killing anything along the way... zero people had microphones on my team, and very few listened to commands

*I also learned that commander binds reset, and my voice key went back to the default left alt and I was like.. why is nobody listening!!!!!!!!*

that may have been me lol I just got my mic and hadn't used one b4 the commander keys lol... at the end of the round I realized why no one was listening to me lol
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    AlhwUyKl.jpg

You have no idea how badly I wanted to be a Gorge that round.
    Ew. Those jaggies are disgusting.

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    NeXuS wrote: »
    Ew. Those jaggies are disgusting.

Ns2 is a beautiful game when the settings are up.

But I need a steady framerate to shoot things. So having a framerate consistently above 100fps causes the random hitches to not be as damaging.
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Tummy - that is hilarious

I love when 5 rush into a base and all start eating random things. Eat the same thing.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    I had a shotgun in The Dome and 4-5 skulks suddenly ran out of Pipe. Bad game sense on my part, even though I'm pretty confident with a shotty. They all closed in on me and I was literally boxed in, unable to strafe for a few seconds. I thought for sure I was gonna die, but spamming jump somehow led to zero damage taken and teammates saving my ass. Probably the most wtf moment I've had recently.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited December 2013
    I dont know why, but for some reasons when NS2 is on sale or has a free weekend

All the greens end up joining the NS2C server, and then I get excited and join, and turns out im the only there even know how NS1 works (And the rest dont even know their playing on a modded server)
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Losing the game as marines, decide to play hide and seek with aliens, get into there hive on veil sub hide behind the RT and watch as they all spawn, look at me, and run off. That whole i was a RT
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Scenario 1: Teamfight ensues, everyone dies but me, left with no ammo from shooting the skulks off my teammates, a skulk turns up late for the engagement and I think 'ah what the hey' and whip out my axe. Proceed to jump all over him, I get 4 axe hits before he gets a bite on me. Axe kill! He was holding 'bite' from the moment he entered the area.

Scenario 2: Skulk is seen skulking near base down a long corridor near spawn, he hides behind a doorway thinking I haven't seen him. I wait till I'm close to the point and pull out my axe so he hears the SHINNGG of impending doom. Jump all over that boy, he is just holding mouse1 the whole time. Axe kill!
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    I played a game the other day with a rookie commander who insisted on dropping his spurs/veils/shells in the most screwed up places. The map was Docking, and by the time I joined he had at least 5 of each upgrade, only NONE of them were at a hive.

He had upgrades placed in the hallway from departures to generator, the hallway from courtyard to locker, central access, the middle of courtyard, the passage from courtyard to maintenance, out in ball court, and even some in East wing right in front of the power node.

We told him that he only needed 3, and it was smarter to hide them, but apparently he knew something we didn't because he just kept right on building more. It was actually pretty funny, the Marines kept finding/killing our upgrades, yet it never did anything because we always had more than 3 of each lol.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    MoFo wrote: »
    I played a game the other day with a rookie commander who insisted on dropping his spurs/veils/shells in the most screwed up places. The map was Docking, and by the time I joined he had at least 5 of each upgrade, only NONE of them were at a hive.

He had upgrades placed in the hallway from departures to generator, the hallway from courtyard to locker, central access, the middle of courtyard, the passage from courtyard to maintenance, out in ball court, and even some in East wing right in front of the power node.

We told him that he only needed 3, and it was smarter to hide them, but apparently he knew something we didn't because he just kept right on building more. It was actually pretty funny, the Marines kept finding/killing our upgrades, yet it never did anything because we always had more than 3 of each lol.
    I guess it's commander help thingy, that suggests you to put upgrades in random places with one click.
    At least it was like that before.
    So many shade hives upgraded for me without even knowing before I turned that off :)
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I love when 5 rush into a base and all start eating random things. Eat the same thing.
    It will be the extractor then. Marines keep your damn Obs / PG, but the rt's ours nomnom
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    xen32 wrote: »
    I guess it's commander help thingy, that suggests you to put upgrades in random places with one click.
    At least it was like that before.
    So many shade hives upgraded for me without even knowing before I turned that off :)

Most counter productive feature ever!
  • StarkStark Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186336Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    The other day while on Docking I was walking a rookie through marine commanding. There were maybe 7 - 8 people each team and basically everyone on my team was new. I didn't have a mic, so not only was I the one that had to run and build/kill everything but I had to stop and type explanations to the commander also. (He actually listened though which was great). Long story short, even though the aliens were also bad, 4 - 5 of their team got onos all at once about 15 or so minutes in. This is where the funny part occurred.

The aliens had been pushing cafeteria all game and we could never get anything built in there for long (I was almost always in depatures/east wing). I went back in there after we got knocked down to only one base (terminal) thinking I could do some damage before the aliens finally grouped up and rushed terminal. Lucky me, I ran into two onos just milling about. I fired a clip into one before it got close to me and then I jumped over the counter with the food on it.

By now, all that was between me and two onos was a few feet of (concrete? marble? plastic?). It took them both a few seconds to realize they weren't killing me and then they decided to jump over too. That's when I jumped back over the counter. This cycle repeated until one onos was dead. By this time I was out of ammo and essentially screwed, but the other onos (with full health) - scared out of his wits - just runs off into bar.

From that point forward I was known as Stark the Onos Slayer ^:)^ and every time I showed my face, onos just fled before me.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I think they do a great job balancing the fights. 18min lvl0 rines on one side and "I am just sitting 1m in front of you and shoot spikes in your general direction" lerks on the other side. Awesome effort :D