Silly greens

Comments

• joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited December 2013
    Can someone make a server mod than auto-ejects the commander if they research AA before we even have armor / wep 1 or phase tech?
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    joederp wrote: »
    Can someone make a server mod than auto-ejects the commander if they research AA before we even have armor / wep 1 or phase tech?

Flamethrower rushes can be quite effective, so that's a terrible idea.

There are better and worse strategies, but that is highly dependent on situation. Auto-kicking players who don't follow 1-2 "cookie cutter" strats is just close-minded.
  • KbpringleKbpringle Join Date: 2013-08-21 Member: 187003Members
    I don't know the Fade hunting squad that repeatedly charged a single fade lobbing grenades was pretty funny. They didn't actually ever kill anything (except themselves half the time) but damn those guys were persistent.

Also going 13-1 as a gorge is pretty fun.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    chased down a lerk with a jetpacks and a welder. soloing fades and onoses. 11 and 0 with gorges.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Gorges spitting at unbuilt structures.
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Going 18 and 0 as marine comm with 16 assists, all turret kills. (Dat tri-fecta)

And I've got another: 50 minute game, mostly greens, at a stalemate. Marines had 2 chairs and aliens had 3 hives, everyone was max tech- during a marine push I did 2 waves of echo, 8 mature whips total, on power node in smelting. Power out followed by near immediate concede.

Whoa. I gotta say though, it's nice not versing the same dozen people on NS2 for once (in a while).

• tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yes nothing says "Free weekend" like getting the most kills on the server using sentries only ! :D
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    Daxx wrote: »

Flamethrower rushes can be quite effective, so that's a terrible idea.

There are better and worse strategies, but that is highly dependent on situation. Auto-kicking players who don't follow 1-2 "cookie cutter" strats is just close-minded.

I was kidding about the server mod, but I do see new players jump in the chair all the time and they basically do nothing except upgrade the armory so "we can haz better guns" meanwhile I am asking them over and over to get phase gates or wep / armor upgrades.
    Also In what world is a flamethrower rush better than shotguns + armor or wep upgrades?
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    There are more ground skulks and lerks of late. I even get to SG kill a lerk :-)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    xen32 wrote: »
    AFAIK you can take down blueprints with projectiles like spit/spikes and it will still cost them the res
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    AFAIK you can take down blueprints with projectiles like spit/spikes and it will still cost them the res

Uh, let me rephrase that :)
    Gorges spitting at unbuilt alien structures.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Lmao, it all makes sense now.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Uh, let me rephrase that :)
    Gorges spitting at unbuilt alien structures.
    You mean they weren't babbler balling everything?
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members

No, because I did that exact thing last night. Granted a few minutes later we had 10 exos walking down to pipeline hive and end the game....
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members

That's fine if they have map control, and want to rush jetpacks.

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    CD121 wrote: »
    Going 18 and 0 as marine comm with 16 assists, all turret kills. (Dat tri-fecta)

And I've got another: 50 minute game, mostly greens, at a stalemate. Marines had 2 chairs and aliens had 3 hives, everyone was max tech- during a marine push I did 2 waves of echo, 8 mature whips total, on power node in smelting. Power out followed by near immediate concede.

Whoa. I gotta say though, it's nice not versing the same dozen people on NS2 for once (in a while).

a couple of sales back, i went something like 65-2 on pure turret kills. think i had the most kills that game. And I eventually stopped trying to get my team to win and left the server.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Give a gorge a crag, shift, and whip, let him place his hydras and some clog defenses. That gorge can hold off the entire green marine team.
    Killed a harvester, and two skulks which used up my ammo. Commander would not drop me any; yes he knew how. I proceed to drop all my guns and run all the way from stability monitoring on docking to cafeteria the marine start. Skulk stays about one meter behind me the whole time. He chases me around the command chair twice until the commander comes out and kills him. Shotguns just finished so I bought a shotgun. I thought that was absolutely hilarious in the moment.

I did tell him about wall jumping immediately after. I did see him wall jumping later that game
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I mentioned it before, but here it is in all its glory:

"Hmm now where shall I put this thing? Yes, here looks good. Plonk."

DFD087672978A417AC35492BDF134C3AB44678DF
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »

Haha, the same kind of thing happened in tram. Alien comm just randomly put 2 shells in the middle of hub. I bet no one's gonna find them! ;o

• [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I blame the shiny map loading screens. Structures on them are just placed in aspects of eyecandiness and not tactical value :P
    james888 wrote: »
    Killed a harvester, and two skulks which used up my ammo. Commander would not drop me any; yes he knew how. I proceed to drop all my guns and run all the way
    I've just read on forums recently that pistol has no weight, same with axe and welder.
    Can anyone confirm that dropping your main gun and running with pistol in you hands = dropping everything and running with an axe?
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I blame the shiny map loading screens. Structures on them are just placed in aspects of eyecandiness and not tactical value :P

Absolutely, every time I see the structure layout on the load screen I just shake my head.
    Also In what world is a flamethrower rush better than shotguns + armor or wep upgrades?

For variety, for the lulz, because we can. It's the same concept as the entire team going gorge at game start and hydra rushing the marines. It's only something I execute if at least 75% of the team is regulars know to me, and they agree to it. Most often we pull stunts like that if we've already played a couple rounds on one map but the time isn't up, so we don't feel like having a serious game.

There are obviously better strats for "normal" games, but knowing what they are just comes with experience.
    edited December 2013
    I love gorge hydra rushes.
    Roobubba wrote: »

DFD087672978A417AC35492BDF134C3AB44678DF

You have to admit, it looks very nice sitting there.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Like a disguised palm tree. lol
    edited November 2015
    Was looking for an old post of mine, and found this old thread. It gave me a few good laughs so I thought it deserved necroing.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I just read this whole thread and didn't realise it was a necro until I read your last post :pensive:

I have to say, nothings changed though....
  • NotPaLaGiNotPaLaGi Join Date: 2014-05-29 Member: 196291Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I just read this whole thread and didn't realise it was a necro until I read your last post :pensive:

I have to say, nothings changed though....

I started reading through the start of this thread too and I was like, oh damn cool look at all these people who I thought quit the game and it was refreshing to see different names posting. Then I noticed the necro...
    I was hoping necroing it might bring in some new funny comments. I guess all the funny forum goers left, or rookies don't do funny things anymore.