Natural Selection 2 Build 256 is live Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    MalGanis2 wrote: »
    How can such big bugs get through the playtesting? :/
    The cursor issue was reported.
    The black screen issue was reported.
    The texture loading when alt tabbing was reported.
    Couldnt load cached compiled shader was reported (by me personally)
    The alien purr sounds were reported.
    The consistency issues were not there when we tested them. (might be an issue with the build machine)
    *shrug*

At least the reinforced tiers 1-4 get to request ammo and medpacks and vote now.. and everyone gets Quake 3 level of input delay (3 frames) now...?
    Also looks like we're hotfixing a few of those issues right now anyways. Sigh.... friday releases..

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    [rebeccablack]FRIDAY FRIDAY HOTFIX PATCH ON FRIDAY
    GOTTA GET THE PATCH OUT FOR THE WEEK-END[/rebeccablack]

This is why we don't usually do patches on Friday. EVERYTHING goes wrong.
  • Dj_ESideDj_ESide Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35337Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    Some servers i can't join, why aren't you server owners/renters updating your servers to build 256? lol
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Found out very BIG BAD bugg on servers regarding ns2_biodome. Currently tested over 4 servers with the same issue.

Once the server switch to biodome all client will lose connection due to following:

"Your game files do not match the server's. Try verifying your game cache in Steam, or maybe an update just came out"
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    edited September 2013
    If i hit Enter, the game goes from Fullscreen to Windowed and back or something weird. It just continous to switch around between modes.
    Cannot even write messages anymore, exit via the console or anything having to do with the Enter button.

PS: It fixed itself, by restarting and switching to Fullscreen.

Anyway UWE..... i just hope this is a learning experience for you.

I doubt anyone exspects the impossible from you as the small (capable) team that you are aka doing mega content updates with core changes to the renderer, aswell as adding new modes etc.

Sometimes the secret lies in goin slow.

PPS: Know the story with Bhuddha and the thief who was running after him? When the thief catched up out of breath he asked: "How do you *gasp* walk so fast?"
    "It is because you are still running and i already stopped."

• ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So I still will not be able to play because of the 32 bit issue?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Dj_ESide wrote: »
    Some servers i can't join, why aren't you server owners/renters updating your servers to build 256? lol

Maybe they thought Friday releases were not for realz, or they drunk b/c it the weekend lol.
  • PattyDaPlayerPattyDaPlayer Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187346Members
    @ellnic I too have the 32bit crash issue and was able to play about an hour before crashing unlike the previous 15 mins crash so at least there has been some success.
  • Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    edited September 2013
    Changed the map and now everything is black. Unable to see anything except black shillouettes running around. Restarting the game does not fix it. UWE? What have you done? This is unplayable.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Jones108 wrote: »
    Changed the map and now everything is black. Unable to see anything except black shillouettes running around. Restarting the game does not fix it. UWE? What have you done? This is unplayable.
    Don't alt-tab when the map is loading if you're in fullscreen mode. It's a known issue but it's difficult to fix.
  • PopturePopture Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172879Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    On launch, loads a black screen then crashes. Macbook Retina, booted into full up to date Windows 7. Any idea?
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Unknown Worlds has yet released another disappointment, I fail to see anything fixed.

To be perfectly honest, it's caused more problems. Lower fps, crashing, crashing of other programs.
    edited September 2013
    Hotfix patch notes:
    • Grenade launcher animation fixes
    • Different resolution/ratio between desktop and game causes mouse cursor to appear in the wrong position
    • Biodome and Descent work with consistency enabled now
    edited September 2013
    We're pushing the hotfix out right now. We'll have the changelog momentarily.

^ NINJA'D! :) -Iron
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No problems here, HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUUWEUWEUWEUWEUWE.
    Either way, people would've complained if they didn't patch it today by saying some bs like "BUT WE COULD'VE TESTED IT OVER THE WEEKENNND" or "Now we have to wait until the weekend is finished to get this game fixed I HATE YOU GUISE"

Lose lose situation. Pet that paper-mache Gorge you guys got at the office, it's probably the only good tangible thing that'll come out of this community with no regrets.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I have the offset cursor problem. cant get to graphics settings within game. I've had this problem before with games and remember finding a quick fix but now I can't recall how.

EDIT: Fixed! thank u
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    What ever happened to beta patches anyway? Maybe if Reinforced had had a public beta(and no fixed release date) the worst of its bugs could have been avoided, which would have lessened the urgency that caused this follow-up patch to be released on a Friday.
    @zek
    I guess not enough people participated or gave feedback to make it worthwhile.
    I mean we have some 20-30 different machines to test on, but we still didn't experience half the rendering and linux issues that occurred for everyone else during that day 1 of early reinforced testing.
    *shrug* Sample size is everything.
  • Hive Queen MelHive Queen Mel Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175317Members
    There's a massive hole on Descent, in between Grav Control and Launch Bay, Shuttley Area thing.
    edited September 2013
    @hive queen mel
    You are running a different version. Quit the game or steam and wait for the download.
    It should look like this.. just a bit of gray wall, nothing that will impact gameplay negatively. There will be something in launch control as well. The mapper will have it fixed by next patch. If you see something else, feel free to PM me.
  • PopturePopture Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172879Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fixed my issue. People with similar make sure display scaling is off in the properties tab of the NS2 exe.
  • IronHalikIronHalik Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104611Members
    *cough* 257 is up *cough*
    Yes it is.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Hotfix patch notes:
    • Grenade launcher animation fixes
    • Different resolution/ratio between desktop and game causes mouse cursor to appear in the wrong position
    • Biodome and Descent work with consistency enabled now

• ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    @zek
    I guess not enough people participated or gave feedback to make it worthwhile.
    I mean we have some 20-30 different machines to test on, but we still didn't experience half the rendering and linux issues that occurred for everyone else during that day 1 of early reinforced testing.
    *shrug* Sample size is everything.

Well, surely there's something that can still be done better to avoid these situations. NS2 historically has had countless problems with high-risk builds. I feel like they're most often precipitated by PR-related decisions such as a fixed release date, big patches with many risky changes bundled in, eagerness to patch before the weekend because of premature promises, etc. Fact is that even one major bug slipping through completely cancels out any benefit from these sorts of things.
  • IronHalikIronHalik Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104611Members
    Hotfix patch notes:

That would explain the screams... I CANT BEACON! MY CURSOR ISNT WORKING! IT WONT CLICK! OH GOD!
  • tdunc-tdunc- Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179214Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Res/Ratio + Mouse Cursor Fixed!

Game Crash every time I try to see server list = Not Fixed :(

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Now we can really see the hit reg issues. First 5 mins I was merking all the filthy peasants. I noticed full shotgun rounds doing 0 damage. Blood goes everywhere, shotgun down skulks throat. Test your game please. AND FIX IT.

1) It's your connection

or

2) It's the server your on, most likely a high playercount server which can no longer maintain the ticrate

hitreg wasn't a problem last patch, and it sure as heck isn't a problem this one.. also don't always blame the reg, maybe take this time to think that you may just need to improve
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Now we can really see the hit reg issues. First 5 mins I was merking all the filthy peasants. I noticed full shotgun rounds doing 0 damage. Blood goes everywhere, shotgun down skulks throat. Test your game please. AND FIX IT.

It's good to hear they finally nerfed shotguns.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    I should have added: congratulations on getting a fix out this week, and a changelog. Keep up the good work.