NS2 Kodiak - updated 23/03/2014 (Version to 2.5) - Map "Complete"

Comments

• LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    coming soon to a level near you

kodiak_loadingbay.png

here is what it used to look like
    kodiak_loadingbayold.png
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    small update
    removed RR spawns inside map
    Building outside the map (around surface access) should no longer be possible
    This place will also be added to the map soon !

kodiak_control_sideroom.png
  • Shr3dShr3d Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58265Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looks amazing, especially outside.
  • AichmanAichman Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22782Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'll never gonna get near this level of skill :((
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    This map must become an another official map someday. Natural Selection 2 needs this kind of unique map again. Biodome is too normal.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Your reflections seem a little strong but otherwise very nice. I suggest 0.2.
    edited September 2013
    yeah that photo is outdated it was just 1 reflection probe hidden in the centre pillar but ive changed it a lot they are 0.1 atm
    edited September 2013
    Updated to 1.17!

Moved RT in Surface access forward so you can get all the way around the rt
    Added reflections probs and shiny new glass to Southern Biodome (still yet to do Central and Northern)
    Control techpoint has been renamed Command
    Marine start - command has been renamed Marine Start

Command techpoint has been 99% finished (final touches / various final optimisations yet to be done pending feedback)
    New Vent added leading out of command in to loadingbay room 2
    Loading Bay sits to the east of command - Fully textured (technically its two rooms)
    Weapons Relay sits to the north west of command - Fully textured (has a nice window view)
    Updated the greybox corridor linking central biodome / command / hydroponics - fully textured
    Hydroponics has finally been finished (after 7 months of sitting half done)

and a big thankyou to Flaterectomy who provided additional custom textures!

Old Minimap
    kodiak_minimap_new.png
    New Minimap
    kodnewmmap.png
    Command
    kodnew2.png
    Weapons Relay
    kodnew1.png
    Hydroponics
    hydroponics.png
    Loading bay
    kodiak_loadingbay.png

Current overview of map (spectator mode)
    kodiak_base.png
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I dig the new textured areas.
    Biodome could use some tightening up.
    Southern biodome was a bit choppy on the fps, it could use some optimizing.
    I believe the power node in there also got some damage from the infestation all the way from the techpoint area. You should probably move it further from Command.
    update
    Increased performance in command / hydroponics / s biodome (removed some props / lights / all window reflections)
    Fixed a hole in s biodome
  • AichmanAichman Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22782Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Coming along nicely... nice work!
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    now you just need more waterfalls, lava, lasers, bar music, 3569 lights and your map will be ready to be official
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Those forklifts really need to burn.
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Had a run around Kodiak tonight and I am totally loving it. I really like the flow of the layout and all the outside lookouts :) It is really nice, I think that Biodome got a little cousin.

Good job :)
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    So when you gonna fix the bottom right of the Minimap ;)
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    This map has a lot of competitive potential. Keep up the good work.
  • victortvictort Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188078Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    oooh, time to install a new map on my server. thanks for your effort!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Also going to get this map on my server let's make it popular.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Ok here some thoughts after we played a few rounds on the map:

Over all the map is great, at least my team had a lot of fun.

Marine Start:

-Should be more open and somehow bigger
    -At the moment its really hard to get in there as alien

Biodome:
    Great structure, but really need some textures - This is the only room which looks totally unfinished

Command:

Maybe make one of those windows to southern biodome broken , also really hard to get in if taken by marines
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the feedback and putting the map on your servers! I am always after feedback so if you do think of anymore please post it :D

I do agree with marine start however I dont think that will get any massive updates for some time as I intend to get the entire south of the map (surface access / tunnel b5) all fiinished. I might end up changing marine start quite a bit, yeah biodome is unfinished again (as well with the rest of the untextured part) not fully sure what my plan is with that yet need ideas to finish it :D.

In the update that I will be releasing on sunday it will inlcude a vent from command directly in to S biodome to help aliens counter arcs and able to push the room if marine controled.
    There will also be a performance boost in command / s biodome as I have tweeked the lights s /removed some pointless props. I have also changed thee layout a bit for sundays release. Hydroponics will no longer connect to loading bay a vent instead will connect hydro to command. Minimap will also get fixed @samusdroid
    Just another little report:

- eggs spawn in surface also at the lower ground, therefore if marines start a exo rush you have no chance to spawn as alien

Little Extra: log of last round we played at kodiak (will fix minimap later)
    edited September 2013
    small update compaired to last weeks

Updated to 1.18!

People should get another performance boost in S Biodome and Control. Reworked some of the lighting there reduced the overall light count. Also removed a few props and reduced the vert count through optimising the geo.
    Added a new vent from command into S bio, as per feedback (this is the best places I could put the vents)
    Removed one of the loading bay rooms to avoid 360 degree arcing of command
    It should be no longer to be possible to arc from Hydroponics if people do managed to do this PLEASE let me know (as I dont want you to be able to do it)
    Fixed minimap
    Reduced minimap extents entity so minimap should appear slightly larger
    Fixed a few holes in S bio / C bio
    Added some textures to the large glass window in Surface Access
    Added a larger fall off radius to the waterfall sound in C biodome

Minimap as of 1.18
    kodminimapnew.png

Next update should be a rework of hangarbay / observation sections of the map unless a major bug appears.

@ghoulofgsg9 not fully sure what to do about that yet other than I could add a crate or two
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    Just another little report:

- eggs spawn in surface also at the lower ground, therefore if marines start a exo rush you have no chance to spawn as alien

Little Extra: log of last round we played at kodiak (will fix minimap later)

This should be ok, if not > 50% spawn on the lower ground.
    If exos are on the upper surface, its the same as on the lower surface.
    If you die on the lower surface in the egg, you dont need to spawn on the lower surface again (random egg placement / location spawn)
    edited September 2013
    A suggestion remove one redlight at the entry of the vent at southern biodome ,looks somehow weird to me ;) . And the door of spectators in rr is still at the minimap
    Small update today!
    Fixed hyrdoponics rt - ive no idea what was causing this rt to be unbuildable but it works now

Going to see what I can do with surface access hive and update that this sunday. Hangarbay update will have to wait.