NS2 Kodiak - updated 23/03/2014 (Version to 2.5) - Map "Complete"

15678911»

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    *Squeals* Congrats Loki!!! Glad I wasn't the only one saying "Kodiak needs to be official!"
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Congrats! You deserve it! :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    You know, Kodiak being official is awesome and all, but that vent in Hangar allows a gorge to camp and bilebomb the TP without getting even seen :\

It's a bit like Overlook/Skylight, but with a TP. Maybe you should take a look at that.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    You know, Kodiak being official is awesome and all, but that vent in Hangar allows a gorge to camp and bilebomb the TP without getting even seen :\

It's a bit like Overlook/Skylight, but with a TP. Maybe you should take a look at that.

Nah man, you just have to learn the ways of the ventwalkers.

But seriously though, it'd be nice to have a small lip or something near the entrance so marines can enter the vent more reliably. Right now it requires a bit of luck with the crouch jumping.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    i knew this day would come, congrats LOKI...
    map was just 2 perfect NOT to make official!!!
    now i only wish my ns2 would not crash after this update so i could actaully play the game and your map
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    @radimax you might have to unsubscribe from your mods until they can all be updated

Thanks to all :D
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kodiak pack was an instabuy. Hope you make a lot of money and I'm looking forward to the Derelict pack.
    First time playing Kodiak officially, found a BIG ole hole between Tunnel and Water Production.
    1d795228c0565786d6edcb3e0c5b27.jpg
  • battlegorgebattlegorge Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33955Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was playing this morning and arcs are getting stuck on the stairs from loading to command.
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    edited May 2014
    Fix: Decal-Entity covers ground texture on marine view model
    Solution: change Decal-Entity-Size, so its not covering the "air"

pZycjEe.jpg
    84sRNi1.jpg
    UoAZOgx.jpg
    gfOkoke.jpg
    CK3ekzE.jpg
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That's just cloaking working as intended. Please move on, nothing to see here!
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    @joseppe the fix for that will go out with the next patch :P
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    edited May 2014
    Loving this map more than ever! Just played a kick ass round this morning.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2014
    After playing on it for a while now, I have some suggestions.

Astroid tracking is a pain to fight in as marines, and its too hard to get out of. The combination of the elevated platform where the hologram is, and the railings around it make it tedious to get out of base after a respawn, and even just to make sense of your surroundings. Railings are only beneficial for a marine if I can hop over them or onto them to get away from a skulk, but these railings I can't even hop onto from one side.

If aliens get a gorge or two into water production or the upper part of tunnel B5 with enough time to build, the marines are mostly done. The lower half of the map is effectively denied to them. The railings in water production make it a skulk paradise. This is somewhat mitigated by the proximity to marine start and the marine friendly chokepoint at the southern exit, but I still feel like water production is where marines go to die. This is an interesting dynamic, because when marines push south, the best place go stop them is right outside their base, but I still think it could use some softening.

Suggestions:
    - Flatten the floor in astroid tracking, so the hologram display is level with the ground (or at least can be stepped onto without jumping.
    - Remove the railings.
    - Alternatively, (this is the best option I think) Move the hologram and skylight west so it's more of a cosmetic feature and doesn't interfere with gameplay. Think of the reception area in biodome for instance. The southern half of that is just cosmetic, or just for running from onos when the aliens overrrun the base. I think the hologram and railings in astroid tracking should serve a similar purpose. The bulk of the room should just be an open flat surface for building.
    - Remove the X cross brace immediately to the left when you enter water production. This will make it easier for marines to enter the room since they'll have a wide view of the whole area from the entrance.
    ns2_kodiak B267 pre release

This is a public release of the map with the changes for B267 included. The change log is to big to place here (steam, was lazy and copy / paste from steam :D ) full change log will go out with B267.

As allways please provide feedback!

various bug fixes
    small + large balance changes.
    Performance optimisations
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    someone said they got stuck in a vent. this screenshot shows the part where he got stuck and the map is open to see where the vent is.
    it was at the top of the vent.
    imgur.com/NrMGtmH
    walking against it, looking more at the top of the vent than forward, you can notice it kind of gets you almost stuck.
    ATF wrote: »
    someone said they got stuck in a vent. this screenshot shows the part where he got stuck and the map is open to see where the vent is.
    it was at the top of the vent.
    imgur.com/NrMGtmH
    walking against it, looking more at the top of the vent than forward, you can notice it kind of gets you almost stuck.

Marine or Skulk or... not really helpful without knowing that.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    Loki wrote: »
    ns2_kodiak B267 pre release

This is a public release of the map with the changes for B267 included. The change log is to big to place here (steam, was lazy and copy / paste from steam :D ) full change log will go out with B267.

As allways please provide feedback!

various bug fixes
    small + large balance changes.
    Performance optimisations
    I took a look around. Are you planning on doing anything to make marine start easier to navigate?
    not at the present moment (for 267 anyway)
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Truly this is the most game breaking issue :P , while hopping around I found the vent in hangar doesn't fully connect to the wall.

HpOLt4F.jpg
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    Next game breaking issue :) That one in Tunnel B5
    mtacxbv.jpg
    lotnik190 wrote: »
    Next game breaking issue :) That one in Tunnel B5
    [IMG][/img]

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Just to be on the safe side Kodiak should be removed from the map rotation until b268.
    Found a stuck spot. Kind a hard to repro, but you can see Mind Boggling got stuck on the same ceiling, but in a different spot. Might be because the prop doesn't quite make contact. Who knows...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/23962034151380550/E6A38467FC6C047CC481D0718B2ECCBF98CF45EF/
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/23962034151378313/3A6AC3E30A2B095A8869FF285E564B0C59C8B095/
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    One little thing (if not known) to add to the ToDo list.
    601f9ad6f3c659032945c945e4c725.jpg